The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Allgunsblazin

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Allgunsblazin »

He has assured Mbappe that Arsene FC will build a team around him and to be careful about joining other clubs like Real Madrid....
Let me see!.... :hmmthink: .....

If you were that keen and knowledgeable Arsene, you would have picked me up for £250k, and why would I join a leetle club when I could become world class at Real Madrid which is a huge club...
Thank you for your interest Arsene FC, but your spin is absolute cack!.... :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Mbappe is fake news, he won't go to Arsenal, not with Real Madrid after him as well

Looks like Sceshney will be sold...figure around £14 million quoted, and maybe Bellerin at around £40 million, then we have Sanchez who could also leave

Wonder if wenker sticks to his 2 or 3 maximum quota of incoming transfers?

Have absolutely no faith in the transfer dealings whatsoever

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

They were not there for Mbappe I'm sure! Nice FC had a great season so we'll be looking to spend 40m on a one season wonder :roll:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

TeeCee wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:07 am
They were not there for Mbappe I'm sure! Nice FC had a great season so we'll be looking to spend 40m on a one season wonder :roll:

Jean Seri?.... :hmmthink:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

TeeCee wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:07 am

Jean Seri?.... :hmmthink:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... in-arsenal

------------

Not very exciting but it's a start I suppose.. looks like Gibbs will be off then.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:14 am
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... in-arsenal

------------

Not very exciting but it's a start I suppose.. looks like Gibbs will be off then.
Nice...looks like the start of something small

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Can't this fucking Club report anything without an element of spin ?!!

Those facts give him 5 assists, but under goals, we're told that he had 8 goals and assists. Why not just say he scored 3 goals, instead of intimating that he scored 8 goals ? They are fully aware they many of our moronic fanbase will read that as 8 goals.

Arsenal 2017.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Good if Gibbs goes he's shite. Mbabbe news is purely as season ticket renewals are reaching deadline. The club must think we are stupid to fall for it. But the trouble is so many do.

Tollgoon

Post by Tollgoon »

Season ticket renewal time, and people still fall for this shit https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... llion-bid/

Tollgoon

Post by Tollgoon »

Why the hell does anyone believe that Wenger will suddenly overturn the MO of a lifetime and spend the whole (debatable) budget on one player. Load of tosh for muggy corporate box prawn sandwich munchers, and of course the brain-washed AKB's. Like we're going to win any bidding war with Real Madrid or Man Utd. Jackanory, jackanory

"ARSENAL are preparing to launch a world-record £121.8million bid for Monaco wonderkid Kylian Mbappe, according to reports in France.

L’Equipe is claiming Arsene Wenger – who was spotted just 13miles from Monaco, in Nice, on Monday – is readying the monster offer to secure the teenager’s signature.Knowing they face competition from seemingly every European giant, Wenger is set to destroy his frugal reputation and bid the unprecedented amount.

On Monday, Real Madrid launched a £118million offer – their second of the summer – as the Champions League winners look to lure Mbappe to the Bernabeu.

The bidding war has been raging on all summer, with Manchester United joining the race earlier this week."

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I blame a lot of the hype surrounding players we are supposedly interested in, on AFTV. That Robbie guy takes every rumor from every shitty paper, and treats it as fact.

Midz

Post by Midz »

So why were Wenger & Gazidis in Nice anyway?

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Midz wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:42 pm
balotelli?!

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

the playing mantis wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:29 pm
Midz wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:42 pm
balotelli?!
That was my initial thought :oops: more chance of Mario than of the :the_doris_2: chasing mbappe :oops: