Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:47 pm
Bbc headline and article about wsl game at Emirates being a record crowd and another sell out or similar.

Article fails to mention ticket prices or how many have been given away to schools....its almost as if there's an agenda

Still at least we have all those new right on names for the London overground lines to be getting on with!
Fuck. I saw that. Jesus. Its so cringey and embarrassing. :oops: :oops:

As for the lezzerball "record attendance" narrative horseshit..... you nailed it mantis: cheap tickets, schoolkids forced to attend by their schools for free.... complete woke pc bolloxology. :roll:

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:46 pm
Bbc headline and article about wsl game at Emirates being a record crowd and another sell out or similar.

Article fails to mention ticket prices or how many have been given away to schools....its almost as if there's an agenda

Still at least we have all those new right on names for the London overground lines to be getting on with!

As for the lezzerball "record attendance" narrative horseshit..... you nailed it mantis: cheap tickets, schoolkids forced to attend by their schools for free.... complete woke pc bolloxology. :roll:
Had to laugh at the ridiculousness of the train line naming. The Liberty line is named after a shopping centre in Romford ffs.
I'm actually surprised that TfL didn't sell off the naming rights given the financial shit they are in.
I guess they aren't that commercially competent to have considered it....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nick Nack wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:42 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

Had to laugh at the ridiculousness of the train line naming. The Liberty line is named after a shopping centre in Romford ffs.
I'm actually surprised that TfL didn't sell off the naming rights given the financial shit they are in.
True. :rubchin:

Just surprised they didn't call a couple of them "Beckham" or "Lady Di" ffs. :roll: :lol:

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:15 pm
Nick Nack wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Just surprised they didn't call a couple of them "Beckham" or "Lady Di" ffs. :roll: :lol:
Not woke enough in this day and age.
Someone, somewhere would be offended and we couldn't have that :roll:
I'm sure there must be a gag about entering the lionesses tunnel :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nick Nack wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:32 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Nick Nack wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

:lol:

Maybe the platforms are lined with carpet..... :-P

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:35 pm
Nick Nack wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Nick Nack wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I suspect some of them have flaps like railway platforms :shock: :worried:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:35 pm
Nick Nack wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Nick Nack wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

For The Rug Munchers! :D

augie

Post by augie »

As someone who was far from satisfied with how we, the fa and the premier league dealt with the chavs illegally tapping up of the phone up his arse judas c.unt, I have to say that today is one of those you reap what you sow days - both brighton and geordies have put their transfer recruitment guru's on gardening leave after the individuals involved agreed to join the chavs and manure respectively. Are these c.unts under contract and if so how are these clubs allowed approach them without agreeing compensation with their current employers first ? The fa and premier league need to lay down strong markers here - suspend the individuals involved for the remainder of their contracts thus blocking them for signing for anyone else, plus put a transfer embargo/ban for one or two transfer windows for any club illegally tapping up these people :evil: :evil: :evil: :cussing: :cussing:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

From the latest edition of the gooner by its glorious social media whore of an editor/"journalist"

"The Arsenal women are just as much a part of the Arsenal as the men. An if you think otherwise then that probably says more about you than them"

What i wouldn't do to go back to Kevin Witcher rather than this absolute Muppet, In the latest gooner i think 16 of the first 22 pages are on women's football.

Subscription cancelled, it can go to the wall if this is the shit they want to push.

augie

Post by augie »

xgtdec wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:51 am
From the latest edition of the gooner by its glorious social media whore of an editor/"journalist"

"The Arsenal women are just as much a part of the Arsenal as the men. An if you think otherwise then that probably says more about you than them"

What i wouldn't do to go back to Kevin Witcher rather than this absolute Muppet, In the latest gooner i think 16 of the first 22 pages are on women's football.

Subscription cancelled, it can go to the wall if this is the shit they want to push.

I used to enjoy watching Faye White (female TA6 was my analysis) and Emma Byrne so I watched Arsenal ladies before womens soccer became trendy because I loved all things AFC, but to suggest that the womens team is just as much of the Arsenal as the mens team is, is absolute dogshite - if the mens team finished in the morning, how long could the female team survive financially without the income the male part of the club generates ?

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

augie wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:33 pm
xgtdec wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:51 am

I used to enjoy watching Faye White (female TA6 was my analysis) and Emma Byrne so I watched Arsenal ladies before womens soccer became trendy because I loved all things AFC, but to suggest that the womens team is just as much of the Arsenal as the mens team is, is absolute dogshite - if the mens team finished in the morning, how long could the female team survive financially without the income the male part of the club generates ?
The clubs get tax breaks or can account for money spent on the women’s team advantageously, which is why clubs like Spurs, Man Utd , Man City have jumped on it.
Arsenal, to be fair, have been at the forefront of the woman’s game for years, along with Everton.

10 years ago Spurs didn’t even have a centre of excellence for girls, yet other clubs like. Millwall, Brighton, Colchester, Ipswich and Norwich did.

I probably have more of an interest than most as my daughter played against the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea, and I am glad there is a better pathway for girls who want to play football, but there is no way on earth I would take a day off work, travel 200 miles on a wet, windy, freezing evening to go to places like Wrexham ( yes that cup match :evil: ), Shrewsbury, Oldham, Middlesborough and the like, that I did for the real Arsenal.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Tin hat time here and I could well be banned when our esteemed mod reads this, but the women's game has come on leaps and bounds in the last 10 years and I quite enjoy watching it. As Stuart says, we and Everton were at the forefront of the ladies game, but as with the blokes game, City and the chavs have bought success in quick time.

Interesting what Stu says about tax breaks etc, I didn't know that, but no surprise in this mad, woke world.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:23 pm
Tin hat time here and I could well be banned when our esteemed mod reads this, but the women's game has come on leaps and bounds in the last 10 years and I quite enjoy watching it. As Stuart says, we and Everton were at the forefront of the ladies game, but as with the blokes game, City and the chavs have bought success in quick time.

Interesting what Stu says about tax breaks etc, I didn't know that, but no surprise in this mad, woke world.
I could be wrong in tax breaks, maybe it’s allowed to account for money spent on the women’s game in a positive way in the balance sheet that it is advantageous, either way, the clubs recently to the table are only doing it because it’s a benefit.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

I like women :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Can someone Please Explain To Me Why Oh! Why The Fuck We Have To Have These Screechy Voiced Bimbo's Co-Commentating On Games!? When All The Do Is Spout Sound-Bites That Have Been Said A Million Times Before, They Know Fuck All And Their Voices ALL Sound Like 9year Old Boys Whose Bollocks Have Yet To Drop! :cussing: