Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by OneBardGooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:16 pm
.i would go back to the old Highbury days in a flash if i had the choice

Wouldn't we all !
".i would go back to the old Highbury days in a flash if i had the choice"

in a fucking Heartbeat. :?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:38 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:19 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:01 pm
ok cheers OBG :D

guess its so popular now they can do without the old working class lads......
I think that’s Pernod the reason I’m rapidly falling out of love with football, to be honest. I didn’t invest my time as a lad in the ‘global’ game; that’s all it is now. Watching the game on TV seems like some faux-American sportsball shyte. Paying to watch games (the ones they choose to put on Sky/BT) is robbery, I cannot justify the price of a season ticket for a few games of football; I go to the odd game, but the bowl is a soulless heap. The new generation of players don’t care who they play for anymore.

There’s no pride in the shirt - in the PL at least. We buy so many players from all over that the whole meaning if “what it means” to play for a club loses value. All that matters now is the money and the fame the money buys (City et al).

VAR, as evidenced many times, has sucked the last remaining joy of the game away. Yesterday was the absolute pinnacle of how shite VAR is - it relies on corruptible and fallible people who, through bias or incompetence, show they’re likely to make mistakes - or just completely sabotage things.

All in all, I’m just bored of it all.
totally agree with all that mate, sounds strange but all the new stadiums and sitting in your seat with your £5 burger or whatever with some fucker listening to what you are saying has made it welcome to new clients ....i would go back to the old Highbury days in a flash if i had the choice
£5 burger? :D

Try doubling that price at least :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:45 am
Redarmy wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:38 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:19 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:01 pm
ok cheers OBG :D

guess its so popular now they can do without the old working class lads......
I think that’s Pernod the reason I’m rapidly falling out of love with football, to be honest. I didn’t invest my time as a lad in the ‘global’ game; that’s all it is now. Watching the game on TV seems like some faux-American sportsball shyte. Paying to watch games (the ones they choose to put on Sky/BT) is robbery, I cannot justify the price of a season ticket for a few games of football; I go to the odd game, but the bowl is a soulless heap. The new generation of players don’t care who they play for anymore.

There’s no pride in the shirt - in the PL at least. We buy so many players from all over that the whole meaning if “what it means” to play for a club loses value. All that matters now is the money and the fame the money buys (City et al).

VAR, as evidenced many times, has sucked the last remaining joy of the game away. Yesterday was the absolute pinnacle of how shite VAR is - it relies on corruptible and fallible people who, through bias or incompetence, show they’re likely to make mistakes - or just completely sabotage things.

All in all, I’m just bored of it all.
totally agree with all that mate, sounds strange but all the new stadiums and sitting in your seat with your £5 burger or whatever with some fucker listening to what you are saying has made it welcome to new clients ....i would go back to the old Highbury days in a flash if i had the choice
£5 burger? :D

Try doubling that price at least :lol:
Trebling! More like, if you want it cooked that is....Mind you they come in a nice cardboard (re-cyclable Oooooooh! tray) with a little bit of paper (suspiciously looking like it's come off a Loo Roll) and if you want Chips Oooops! :duh: Sorry :oops: "fries" with it You'll need to take out a 2nd mortgage! and of course if you want a fizzy drink... That means selling your firstborn. :D

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:16 pm
.i would go back to the old Highbury days in a flash if i had the choice

Wouldn't we all !
basically...... No many welcome the change....they are now customers not fans....mostly tourists and woke fuckers...

yes you can say we had bad days...exposed to the elements...and the hooliganism which is still around today if you are down the lane on Sunday

it was raw...but exciting and the fans were more connected....the old ground was our History...i loved Highbury

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Just read this article about UEFA calling for better VAR and players not being cúnts and cheats. Can't really argue with any of it and to be perfectly honest, the way VAR is used in other leagues and in European competitions, is, on the whole, much, much better than in the Premier League. Good to see them starting to think about ways to tackle this lying on the floor holding your head bollox to get the game stopped too.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/arti ... 13lrwpxpgo

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Klinsmann cracking down on diving ?
Well he should know .

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:54 pm
Klinsmann cracking down on diving ?
Well he should know .
Yes, I did raise an eyebrow at that. Presumably, with wobbly lip super injunction shagging other birds behind his dying wife's back Ferdinand on there, they had a good chat about scrapping drugs tests too.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

The only good thing about an all Manchester FA Cup final again is that it has been confirmed to be a 3pm kick off.

It is also the last match of the domestic season.
A nice way for the competition to bow out before the final gets lost in the league season from next year onwards.