LIVERPOOL AWAY THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: LIVERPOOL AWAY THREAD

Post by Redarmy »

General wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:09 am
Redarmy wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:13 am
Looks very much like Sanchez is back, with him in the side will make a very big difference
We still have that ropey midfield and defence. He probably won't start.

Last season was one of the most pathetic away performances I've ever seen from an Arsenal team. On par with the 8-2 disaster at Old Trafford. It could've been 5-0 by half time. They played yesterday but no second guessing who the sharper team would be.
Oh yeah...the rest are shite....theres probably 8 of them i would sell straight away....its Wengers team, what more can you say :D :D :D

GTG

Post by GTG »

Scousers whats the point of em? :D

General

Post by General »

augie wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:56 pm
General wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:20 pm
Klopp showing the fraud up with half the resources. Just imagine what he could achieve here. If he gets Van Dijk mousers could surprise a lot of people. To me they play the best attacking football in the league. Quick, incisive and devastating when they get it right.
Prepare thy anus for this. It could get ugly.

Leave it out ffs - van dike (yes I spelt it that way on purpose) is just a younger version of koscielny in that he is fast and has good recovery, but regards positioning and defensive discipline he is absolutely shit :roll: For me he is your typical European centre back where style is more important than substance - was tempted to say that I would take a south American centre back every day ahead of him, but then I remembered the Brazilian cross between jaws and plug (from the beano many years ago 8) ) that we just offloaded to Valencia, and I changed my mind :lol: :lol:
He's also a beast in the air. You can work on positioning and defensive discipline . Are you disputing he wouldn't significantly improve bin dippers' defence or ours for that matter? Well rounded CBs are difficult to come by these days. Two defenders stealing a living that spring to mind are Cahill and David Luiz, but they don't look out of place with a manager who mostly knows what he's doing.

NickF

Post by NickF »

General wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:34 pm
Two defenders stealing a living that spring to mind are Cahill and David Luiz, but they don't look out of place with a manager who mostly knows what he's doing.
All I can say if Cahill is stealing a living, he's doing a pretty good job of it based on his medal collection...

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GTG wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:26 pm
Scousers whats the point of em? :D

I know, they're either robbing your house or car, whilst cluttering up the air waves with their persistent whinging and moaning....

2 words:

Heysel Stadium.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Can't wait for AFTV tomorrow, the game?, nah not interested in watching us take another bum battering.

:twisted:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I'm pretty confident we will win tomorrow.
This is the kind of game where everyone writes us off and then we sneak a win

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

NickF wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:42 pm
General wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:34 pm
Two defenders stealing a living that spring to mind are Cahill and David Luiz, but they don't look out of place with a manager who mostly knows what he's doing.
All I can say if Cahill is stealing a living, he's doing a pretty good job of it based on his medal collection...
David Luiz is no slouch either since he left PSG, and he was Chelsea's best player in the Charity Shield by far...

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:37 pm
Hope you are right...

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:56 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Hope you are right...
I don't...why?? We cannot win the league so why do you want the team to do just enough to keep Wenger in his job??? If people asked me where I want to finish with Wenger in charge, I would say 17th. People claim to absolutely loathe Wenger yet they still want us to finish Top 4...it makes no sense to me???

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:11 pm
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:56 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Hope you are right...
I don't...why?? We cannot win the league so why do you want the team to do just enough to keep Wenger in his job??? If people asked me where I want to finish with Wenger in charge, I would say 17th. People claim to absolutely loathe Wenger yet they still want us to finish Top 4...it makes no sense to me???
Agreed - happy to "write off" the next 2 years if it brings down the hole sh*t house of cards that is running the club, hell even 5 years if it means we get some ambitious new owner who doesn't back failing managers for the best part of a decade.

Bring on a relegation dogfight :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Ray C wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:04 pm
2-0 with Feo, 2-1 without Feo. Huddersfield will be 6 points clear of us !!. :barscarf: :barscarf:
I meant 4 points !!. :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

2016:

phpBB [video]

2017:

phpBB [video]

2017: ????? :?

markyp

Post by markyp »

just woke up feeling like we are at D-day in the season already and we are only 3 games in!!! shit is gonna hit the fan after a drubbing today,the wheels will be off and we wont even be out of august,i cant wait to see Wenger squirm trying to figure out what went wrong,again where as ourselves and all the pundits and journos can see all the deficiencies yet mr 30 years cant

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Any Arsenal fans going up there beware the Police are under pressure to make arrests for Homophobic chanting after complaints by"Gay Gooners"

be looking to make an example of someone......as the Political correctness rules demand it....