ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:59 pm
Signing Gabriel doesn't really excite me as I don't know enough about him, apart from the fact he is Brazillian and his agent is Kia Joorchabian. Ther are too many defenders at the club, more than GG had and I'm sure he once fielded a team with 7 defenders starting as there were no other players available. We could have a starting line up of Martinez, Bellerin, Saliba, Mari, Gabriel, Tierney, Mustafi, Luiz, and Chambers, with Auba and Pepe up front.
I also think we should sign up Foster from Watford and sell Leno, as I'd go with Martinez as the number 1.
Leno is still number 1. It would be fu*king madness to sell him. Martinez had a great run of games but you have to take into account that it was exceptional circumstances. No crowds are a huge factor, less noise and pressure on the pitch.

You'd swear by the way people are talking that Leno was absolute dog shite for us

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:29 am
Nos89 wrote:
Signing Gabriel doesn't really excite me as I don't know enough about him, apart from the fact he is Brazillian and his agent is Kia Joorchabian. Ther are too many defenders at the club, more than GG had and I'm sure he once fielded a team with 7 defenders starting as there were no other players available. We could have a starting line up of Martinez, Bellerin, Saliba, Mari, Gabriel, Tierney, Mustafi, Luiz, and Chambers, with Auba and Pepe up front.
I also think we should sign up Foster from Watford and sell Leno, as I'd go with Martinez as the number 1.
Leno is still number 1. It would be fu*king madness to sell him. Martinez had a great run of games but you have to take into account that it was exceptional circumstances. No crowds are a huge factor, less noise and pressure on the pitch.

You'd swear by the way people are talking that Leno was absolute dog shite for us

100% with you buddy - people forget that leno was our player of season before his injury, and has a much bigger proven body of work than Martinez. Binning Leno for Martinez would be madness imo

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Leeds have submitted a bid for rob holding for £11.2m arsenal have rejected.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

I said this before Martinez is like a modern day Alex Manninger, come in from the dark and performed. You can’t deny him the plaudits, but selling Leno would be madness. I would rather there was a bit of competition as we move into the new season. For me Leno has to win his position back.

nut flush gooner

Hopefully after manure sniffing around we will get Gabriel now based on various reporting this morning. If we can add Partey we might actually have a team with a bit of a spine next season. Cant remember when that last happened.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:23 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

I said this before Martinez is like a modern day Alex Manninger, come in from the dark and performed. You can’t deny him the plaudits, but selling Leno would be madness. I would rather there was a bit of competition as we move into the new season. For me Leno has to win his position back.
Agreed 100%. I'd try retain both keepers as long as possible tbh.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:26 am
Hopefully after manure sniffing around we will get Gabriel now based on various reporting this morning. If we can add Partey we might actually have a team with a bit of a spine next season. Cant remember when that last happened.
Seriously Nutty even if we bought Partey I reckon Xhaka would still start, the guy is immovable for some reason, I'm beginning to think he has video of the Kroenkes at an Epstein 'all you can enslave bash' :shock:

nut flush gooner

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:58 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Seriously Nutty even if we bought Partey I reckon Xhaka would still start, the guy is immovable for some reason, I'm beginning to think he has video of the Kroenkes at an Epstein 'all you can enslave bash' :shock:
I think Arteta is far more intelligent than that. He's been buttering up Xhaka to make him feel good, got the best out of him. Partey is an upgrade, its plain to see.

Midz

Post by Midz »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:50 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
I think Arteta is far more intelligent than that. He's been buttering up Xhaka to make him feel good, got the best out of him. Partey is an upgrade, its plain to see.
Partey might well be an upgrade but at time of writing I'm not convinced he's coming.
Be nice if he did.

nut flush gooner

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:50 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

IF we get partey, and I don’t think we will, but he will be bought to play alongside xhaka and not instead of him

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Gabriel Magalhães to Arsenal, here we go! Total agreement just completed: he will fly on Monday to London to sign his contract until June 2025, €30M to Lille (add ons included), official statement on next week. The deal is finally done. ⚪️🔴 #AFC #Arsenal #transfers

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

gooner265 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:50 pm
Gabriel Magalhães to Arsenal, here we go! Total agreement just completed: he will fly on Monday to London to sign his contract until June 2025, €30M to Lille (add ons included), official statement on next week. The deal is finally done. ⚪️🔴 #AFC #Arsenal #transfers
So says Fabrizio Romano so it's looking good :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Beat me to it Jock, :D

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Slightly worrying that all the departures we looked for so far have been from the non-playing staff :?