ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by TeeCee »

Yeah, Paris is so tropical compared to London!! :shock: :roll: :rubchin:

He must have been playing football whilst geography lessons were ongoing! Paris generally has warmer summers but cooler winters than London........ Fuck off Mbappe

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:20 am
Yeah, Paris is so tropical compared to London!! :shock: :roll: :rubchin:

He must have been playing football whilst geography lessons were ongoing! Paris generally has warmer summers but cooler winters than London........ Fuck off Mbappe
You do know he said it as a joke throw away comment ?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Arsenal are keeping tabs on RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Sesko ahead of the summer transfer window, with club scouts recommending the player to Mikel Arteta on numerous occasions this season. Sesko is perceived to have a ‘good value’ release clause in his contract - worth £43m - due to become active when the transfer window reopens. [@GiveMeSport] #afc

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:54 pm
🚨 Arsenal are keeping tabs on RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Sesko ahead of the summer transfer window, with club scouts recommending the player to Mikel Arteta on numerous occasions this season. Sesko is perceived to have a ‘good value’ release clause in his contract - worth £43m - due to become active when the transfer window reopens. [@GiveMeSport] #afc
Is he any good? I have absolutely no idea.

If we are looking to buy it should be because he would bring something better to the squad. NOT because of some perceived "value". We all know how that works with our commercial geniuses :oops:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Errrr yeah of course I do........ 8)
Lovely guy :lol: :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Nick Nack wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:14 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:54 pm
Is he any good? I have absolutely no idea.

If we are looking to buy it should be because he would bring something better to the squad. NOT because of some perceived "value". We all know how that works with our commercial geniuses :oops:

This. Spot on.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

So gents, to move us away from arguing over how shite Kai is (very, is the answer) who is on your transfer wish list for the summer?

Obviously Raya is already done. A CF and decent CM is a must, but who did you reckon we can get?

I don’t really rate Osihmen from the matches I’ve seen him play.

I would take Connor Gallagher from the chavs though, especially as he’d be a decent price

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Eddie Nketiah could leave Arsenal this summer & has already been informed that he is free to find a new club. TEAMtalk can reveal that Wolves are among the Premier League sides chasing him, while Crystal Palace, Fulham & Brentford all hold an interest. [@FrazFletcher] #afc

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:42 am
🚨 Eddie Nketiah could leave Arsenal this summer & has already been informed that he is free to find a new club. TEAMtalk can reveal that Wolves are among the Premier League sides chasing him, while Crystal Palace, Fulham & Brentford all hold an interest. [@FrazFletcher] #afc
Happy to be part of the crowd funding efforts to pay for the private taxi to Wolverhampton !

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Kingralph wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:32 am
So gents, to move us away from arguing over how shite Kai is (very, is the answer) who is on your transfer wish list for the summer?

Obviously Raya is already done. A CF and decent CM is a must, but who did you reckon we can get?

I don’t really rate Osihmen from the matches I’ve seen him play.

I would take Connor Gallagher from the chavs though, especially as he’d be a decent price
Dušan Vlahović

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Think we should try and bring kane home!

Gallagher is shite.no coincidence he's a key player for chavs and there consistently average.

Palace is his level.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Arsenal are already making plans for the summer transfer window, with both Mikel Arteta & Edu having a clear vision of what is needed. The club will target a top-level forward & a new midfielder. They will also target a new defender & are likely to be in the market for a new goalkeeper. [@sr_collings] #afc

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:34 pm
🚨 Arsenal are already making plans for the summer transfer window, with both Mikel Arteta & Edu having a clear vision of what is needed. The club will target a top-level forward & a new midfielder. They will also target a new defender & are likely to be in the market for a new goalkeeper. [@sr_collings] #afc

Since they (the cone boy and edu) were given the reins we have signed FIVE keepers, and it is hard to quantify any of them as successes (last weeks penalty shoot out heroics doesnt suddenly make raya top quality in my book).

Thing that worries me is that I dont see left full listed as a priority, so that means we are facing more of the "cant defend to save his life" zinchenko, or we are looking at playing timber out of position at left back :roll:

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

augie wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:47 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:34 pm

Since they (the cone boy and edu) were given the reins we have signed FIVE keepers, and it is hard to quantify any of them as successes (last weeks penalty shoot out heroics doesnt suddenly make raya top quality in my book).

Thing that worries me is that I dont see left full listed as a priority, so that means we are facing more of the "cant defend to save his life" zinchenko, or we are looking at playing timber out of position at left back :roll:
How many goalkeepers were recommended by the goalkeeping coach Inaki Cana? Is he on a retainer? :rubchin: Cos most have been utter shite

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:46 pm
Errrr yeah of course I do........ 8)
Lovely guy :lol: :lol:
Sesko shops at Tesco's... :barscarf: