BURNLEY (6th place play off) HOME 6th May 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Steve_I

Re: BURNLEY (6th place play off) HOME 6th May 16:30

Post by Steve_I »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 6:17 am
Steve_I wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 12:12 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 10:29 pm
Finish below Burnley and the season starts in late July :D

Would love to see that happen and end up playing some bunch of c.unts from Luxembourg or the Faroes, a couple of weeks after the World Cup ends and all our fannies are still on the beach

Fuck the bloody lot of them - shameful season, let by a shameless manager.

Its going to be 25 degrees and the BBQ will finally be out to celebrate the departure of the dribbling old tool. I won't be going near the sports channels at any point between now and the end of the season for fearing of catching a glimpse of the wankathon at Shit for Brains departure
Can I still come to the BBQ? :barscarf:
Always welcome :D :D :D Might get one final chorus of There's Only One AW....... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Marvellous. Will be round after the game :barscarf: :barscarf:

Steve_I

Post by Steve_I »

Clash wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 12:25 pm
Steve_I wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Would love to see that happen and end up playing some bunch of c.unts from Luxembourg or the Faroes, a couple of weeks after the World Cup ends and all our fannies are still on the beach

Its going to be 25 degrees and the BBQ will finally be out to celebrate the departure of the dribbling old tool. I won't be going near the sports channels at any point between now and the end of the season for fearing of catching a glimpse of the wankathon at Shit for Brains departure
I am sure there will be a few slices of humble pie for you mate :D
Wouldn't have thought they'd be much of that left by the time I get there.... :wink:

Steve_I

Post by Steve_I »

robbo10 wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 4:03 pm
Steve_I wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Not many chances left to sing TO1AW now mate,opportunities are running out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Will be singing it enough, loud and proud, today. :barscarf: :D

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

His last home game!! We've fucking made it 8)

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

CloakedGooner wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 9:07 am
Emirates Airways are putting sick bags under each seat for anyone who cannot get through today's pukefest.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 9:30 am
CloakedGooner wrote:
Emirates Airways are putting sick bags under each seat for anyone who cannot get through today's pukefest.

That's good of them. With that and the t-shirt to throw up on I might just make it to the end of the game. I'm hoping either team is 2 goals clear by 80 mins so I can fuck off early before it gets too bad.

augie

Post by augie »

As I said earlier I do expect us to win this easy today, but IF burnley were to take the lead and our team were showing another lacklustre/pathetic/shit performance, would we see a reaction from the fans or would they be afraid to do it on this "special day" ( :roll: ) ?

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

augie wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 11:10 am
As I said earlier I do expect us to win this easy today, but IF burnley were to take the lead and our team were showing another lacklustre/pathetic/shit performance, would we see a reaction from the fans or would they be afraid to do it on this "special day" ( :roll: ) ?
I feel nothing for this team at the moment because they are his creation and they care only about themselves and their beloved sugar daddy. They don't even bother mentioning the fans at all these days.

But I actually want us to win today because if we get a half decent manage he can win the Europa next season. How would that look on Wengers resume? If Wenger can get so close with this ill disciplined, rag tag outfit, a decent manager can win it.

As for Leicester and Huddersfield...who cares... imagine no away points in the entire 2nd half of a season?? Add that to your glittering "legacy"

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

augie wrote:
a reaction? at the emirates?

don't think so, it's a public day of mourning i'm afraid

markyp

Post by markyp »

augie wrote:
We wont win this augie,it will be another game which shows how far backwards weve gone under wenger,we will huff and puff to a draw at best,the players don't want to play for him and I imagine on a today like today most would rather be on the bench or on a beach down on the med with their missus,i hope we lose so that the professor is seen in all his glory

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 9:30 am
CloakedGooner wrote:
:barscarf: Brady mate, you are on fire this week

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

markyp wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 2:00 pm
augie wrote:
We wont win this augie,it will be another game which shows how far backwards weve gone under wenger,we will huff and puff to a draw at best,the players don't want to play for him and I imagine on a today like today most would rather be on the bench or on a beach down on the med with their missus,i hope we lose so that the professor is seen in the altogether .
:shock:

That would be the one occasion that I really, wish he would manage to put his bloody coat on quick (but maybe catch his todger in the zipper 😏😱)

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

we have nothing to play for, us losing 1-0 today would be the perfect ending to his reign of terror.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Today's line-up to honour Lord Wenger:

GK Almunia

Defence Squillaci Stepanovs Cygan Santos

Midfield Gervinho Denilson Song Wellington Silva

Attack Jeffers Park

Arsene knows ................

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

The sadist in me wouldn't lose a wink of seep over him losing the game on this ''special day.''

I feel that, despite all of the wonderful memories he has facilitated in making (I'm of the view that the teams he had from 1996-2006 managed themselves for the most part due to the leaders in that team), he has had two very good opportunities to bow out on a high following the move to the Emirates, following the FA Cup final wins in 2014 and 2017. His ego, stubbornness and arrogance kept him going and it's that ego, that stubbornness and that arrogance which we will remember the most.

I've seen so many things about Arsene's legacy but the blinkered masses forget that a legacy is ALWAYS what you leave behind and what he is leaving behind is a squad that is further away from competing than the one he inherited in 1996, perhaps one of the worst defences in the club's modern history and a string of record and embarrassing defeats.

Thanks for being a part of the good times Wenger, but you are by far and large the biggest reason we've suffered as of late as well. Adios and don't let the door hit you on the way out.