Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Unai Emery

Post by OneBardGooner »

Any Hoo to get back on topic.

No matter what happens with Unai Emery - And I must admit I like him and given enough time (and money) he will be a success - but regardless of how well or badly he does - I just don't ever EVER see him being as arrogant , aloof and un-impeachable as that cuntOFCUNTS wenger.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

MR Arsenal - Talks 1,000% Sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2uivvDBE6c

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:22 pm
MR Arsenal - Talks 1,000% Sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2uivvDBE6c

Yeah one of the debates worth watching with a couple of old school warriors we would kill to have in our defence now.

Loved the bit when TA was talking about working with the defence all summer "you know, get the rope out" - brilliant. I'm not sure how our defensive lightweights would take to that method of training but it wouldn't do them any harm and they might actually learn something about defending!

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

this is a breath of fresh air :
"We are improving. We need to continue working individually and collectively to improve more things. In the first half we didn't control like we wanted but the second half we were better and the victory is just," said Spaniard Emery.

"We need to improve and score more individually. We need to work, every player - not only the attacking players but the midfielders and centre-backs from set-pieces."
"His quality helps the team. It is important he scored. I want not only for him to assist, we need him to go in the box and score like today," said Emery - who had challenged the midfielder to "do more" before the game.

"I see the players are the same, each has quality. I will work with every player and continue our process to create the team as we want."

Post by 1989 »

Ozil in the post Newcastle match interview:

"I'm very happy to play for Arsenal, ESPECIALLY for the new coach".

A few AKB's won't like hearing that me thinks. :D :barscarf:

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

I'm loving Emery so far. Top bloke and classy manager. ONWARDS AND UPWARDS.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

1989 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:31 am
Ozil in the post Newcastle match interview:

"I'm very happy to play for Arsenal, ESPECIALLY for the new coach".

A few AKB's won't like hearing that me thinks. :D :barscarf:
:lol:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

JimmyAFC wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:12 am
I'm loving Emery so far. Top bloke and classy manager. ONWARDS AND UPWARDS.
yep. finally a team pic I can be proud of :

The Arsenal first team squad 2018/19: Back Row L-R: Emile Smith Rowe, Eddie Nketiah, Joe WIllock, Bernd Leno, Petr Cech, Emiliano Martinez, Carl Jenkinson, Matteo Guendouzi, Ainsley Maitland-Niles. Middle Row L-R: Lucas Torreira, Sokratis, Konstantinos Mavropanos, Rob Holding, Danny Welbeck, Sead Kolasinac, Alex Iwobi, Mo Elneny, Stephan Lichtsteiner. Front Row L-R: Alex Lacazette, Shkodran Mustafi, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Mesut Ozil, Aaron Ramsey, Head Coach Unai Emery, Laurent Koscielny, Granit Xhaka, Nacho Monreal, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Hector Bellerin

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

no complaints so far - ok we lost the first 2 games but that would probably have been the case whatever manager we had.
3 wins now in a row - winning mentality starting to get introduced again, and hopefully will continue with 3 easy home games coming up.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'm still getting a child like buzz every time the camera pans to the technical area and there he is giving direction, coaching, and cajoling the players. Like a real manager, rather than a past-it egomaniacal fantasist. 8)

Much like Spuddy, Lefty, and OneBardGooner I now have to admit I LOVE DICK. :shock:

Hell, gimme Dick all day long. Dick is great. :shock:

:barscarf: :lol: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:12 am
I'm still getting a child like buzz every time the camera pans to the technical area and there he is giving direction, coaching, and cajoling the players. Like a real manager, rather than a past-it egomaniacal fantasist. 8)

Much like Spuddy, Lefty, and OneBardGooner I now have to admit I LOVE DICK. :shock:

:shock:

Oi! Don't start short stop.

I may love Emery..But, YOU love Man Sausage tickling yer tonsils. (spuddy said). :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:47 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:12 am

:shock:

Oi! Don't start short stop.

I may love Emery..But, YOU love Man Sausage tickling yer tonsils. (spuddy said). :wink:
You said "sausage". Hurr, Hurr. Hurr.

:D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:lol:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

good comments from cech on the old and new regime :
'We started off with the new manager from scratch and we’re trying to get a mentality of winning every game, progressing every game, working every day and hopefully we can build this up and win the title sooner rather than later.'

It was often suggested that Arsenal lacked the necessary steel to win the league under former manager Wenger, who won three titles in his first six years before failing to win the title again.

They showed some resilience against an Everton side that started Sunday's game brightly, giving Unai Emery a fifth straight win in all competitions.

And Cech suggested the team had been too focused on what was viewed as the ex-manager's philosophy to the detriment of picking up results.

He continued: 'The Arsenal way was more important than getting the points sometimes. This is not sometimes how you win the league.

'Sometimes you need to make sure you win ugly games when you are not completely playing well and you just dig deep and you just closed the back door and win 1-0 no matter how.

'I think this is what we lacked since I arrived in the last three years.

'We had gone through difficult moments in this game and we managed to get the win and keep a clean sheet. This is very important.'
:barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:49 pm
good comments from cech on the old and new regime :
'We started off with the new manager from scratch and we’re trying to get a mentality of winning every game, progressing every game, working every day and hopefully we can build this up and win the title sooner rather than later.'

It was often suggested that Arsenal lacked the necessary steel to win the league under former manager Wenger, who won three titles in his first six years before failing to win the title again.

They showed some resilience against an Everton side that started Sunday's game brightly, giving Unai Emery a fifth straight win in all competitions.

And Cech suggested the team had been too focused on what was viewed as the ex-manager's philosophy to the detriment of picking up results.

He continued: 'The Arsenal way was more important than getting the points sometimes. This is not sometimes how you win the league.

'Sometimes you need to make sure you win ugly games when you are not completely playing well and you just dig deep and you just closed the back door and win 1-0 no matter how.

'I think this is what we lacked since I arrived in the last three years.

'We had gone through difficult moments in this game and we managed to get the win and keep a clean sheet. This is very important.'
:barscarf:
So you like Dick too, huh? :D :wink: