other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Natural Born Gooner

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Gutted for Coventry, absolute robbery.

City will score quicker against that banter club than last season's final.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Pampers arse I-Wobble is a fucking C.UNT

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Stick your VAR up your pox riddled fucking holes you dying diseased shower of c.unts :roll:

Midz

Post by Midz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:29 pm
I'm still mystified as to how Off-side was given to Coventry's 4th Goal... They didn't even draw lines.... :cussing:
That was one of the worst ever decisions in a FA Cup tie. VAR ruins a dream.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Anyone still believe VAR isn't blatant sabotage? How many incidents now? I see Forest have threatened action against a Luton supporting VAR official and the FA were desperate to keep their all Manc showpiece end of season game alive at all costs

How can you have an FA who never wanted this to start with to implement it fairly?

Anyone who thinks these are honest mistakes probably believes the phone call from Nigeria to say you've been left 13 million quid, just please provide your bank details

All in the same week that replays have been scrapped. What a bunch of c.unts they are

Must be time to "forget to draw the lines on" again now we're back in a title battle

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

It’s bent. And one day it will all come out.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:53 pm
nothing said on BBC report about VAR...they are all in on it...biased as fuck...and totally bent

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

saw a game last week WBA think it was and was a huge poster in the cornerof the ground, stating

If you hear any abuse text this number.....

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:21 am
saw a game last week WBA think it was and was a huge poster in the cornerof the ground, stating

Aaaah! BUT What Colour Was The Poster!? :D

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:05 am
Redarmy wrote:

:rubchin: not racial...this was general abuse.... I had better not fucking go any more..remember geting in a row at emirates years ago when some *word censored* told me to sit down...disturbing his ipad.....fuckin latte drinkers

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:11 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

:rubchin: not racial...this was general abuse.... I had better not fucking go any more..remember geting in a row at emirates years ago when some *word censored* told me to sit down...disturbing his ipad.....fuckin latte drinkers
I know mate, I was being ironic....

Wow! How ironic is that!? :D

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Seen the VAR lines..looked onside...what happened about giving advantage to the attacker?

yes would have been greatest story of any final....cheated

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:01 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:11 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

I know mate, I was being ironic....

Wow! How ironic is that!? :D
:D :D :D

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:19 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
nothing said on BBC report about VAR...they are all in on it...biased as fuck...and totally bent
The moment anybody gets too close to revealing what's really going on, it gets closed down and the press pretend nothing's happened. Like you. Bob, I do think it will all come out eventually but it will take someone who's been fucked over by the Premier League to go public. The only problem is that all the medial outlets need access to Premier League matches so will be threatened with all sorts of sanctions if they print or broadcast anything. Keith Hackett has already said that he knows of instances when the Premier League have put made threats to broadcasters this season and I'd bet lot of money that he isn't the only one who knows that. As much as Forest have gone a bit mad with this, they do have a point. The very fact that they know the VAR official is a Luton supporter tells you how open the refs are with their views and biases. There is no fucking way anyone with any connection, no matter how tenuous to a rival club should be anywhere near matches at this stage of the season. It's beyond comprehension how they can allow that. It's also beyond fucking comprehension that despite millions being spent on this technology, they still can't make sensible, fair decisions that don't leave supporters completely shocked. Then, let's not forget that out of all the officials in England, not a single one comes from London or the South East. That in itself, tells you how fucking bent and openly fraudulent they are.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/commen ... /#lightbox

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:53 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:19 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
The moment anybody gets too close to revealing what's really going on, it gets closed down and the press pretend nothing's happened. Like you. Bob, I do think it will all come out eventually but it will take someone who's been fucked over by the Premier League to go public. The only problem is that all the medial outlets need access to Premier League matches so will be threatened with all sorts of sanctions if they print or broadcast anything. Keith Hackett has already said that he knows of instances when the Premier League have put made threats to broadcasters this season and I'd bet lot of money that he isn't the only one who knows that. As much as Forest have gone a bit mad with this, they do have a point. The very fact that they know the VAR official is a Luton supporter tells you how open the refs are with their views and biases. There is no fucking way anyone with any connection, no matter how tenuous to a rival club should be anywhere near matches at this stage of the season. It's beyond comprehension how they can allow that. It's also beyond fucking comprehension that despite millions being spent on this technology, they still can't make sensible, fair decisions that don't leave supporters completely shocked. Then, let's not forget that out of all the officials in England, not a single one comes from London or the South East. That in itself, tells you how fucking bent and openly fraudulent they are.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/commen ... /#lightbox
I struggle to think of how any match official can’t have some sort of bias

eg f they support Man Utd - they would dislike Liverpool, City, Us, Leeds, etc etc

If they support Tranmere, their close friends and relatives will in all likelihood support Liverpool / Everton so they have a vested interest in those results.

As an Arsenal supporter I dislike intently Scum, Utd, Liverpool,
Then Chelsea, West Ham,
Then hold historic grudges against Stoke, Luton, Birmingham, Wrexham, and I’m sure a few more if I think about it enough…..

Certain players I would also hold a grudge against- for past misdemeanours, so would dislike their current team.

What I’m trying to say is, by nature is football fans have irrational hatred / animosity towards players and clubs and referees must have grown up as kids with the very same bias, they can’t all have been ‘nuetral’ so how can they be impartial.

I have loved Arsenal for about 50 years, if I had the opportunity to fuck over one of my pet hated clubs, I would in all probability do it. (Particularly if a large, tightly packed wad of cash found its way through my letterbox )