West Ham -HOME - Sat. Aug 25th 3PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: West Ham -HOME - Sat. Aug 25th 3PM

Post by TeeCee »

Emery seems to be trying to fill round holes with square turds and it's all gone a bit squishy!

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

torreira for xhaka
lichsteiner for bellerin
lacazette for iwobi

seems obvious

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

btw bellerin is the worst player in the prem

augie

Post by augie »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:54 pm
torreira for xhaka
lichsteiner for bellerin
lacazette for iwobi

seems obvious

So you are leaving on mikki and ramsey then ?? There has been no-one, and I mean no-one worse than those two :roll: :banghead:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Relegation battle. Two useless teams giving the ball away & missing chances. Neither team has much improvement off the bench so nothing will change. :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:56 pm
btw bellerin is the worst player in the prem
:lol:

Not even near.... he's not even the worst player in our team.... :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Christ that was fucking horrific....at what point should we start getting seriously concerned about the new regime? We are getting torn apart at will here.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

We need someone to get their foot on the ball and create chances for Boomerang. The Welsh Messi-Lite and Mickey Tarragon aren't doing it. Ozil's off on sick leave again. Lacazette is not a creator. What do we do? Move Guendouzi forward? He has a pass in him.....

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:59 pm
Christ that was fucking horrific....at what point should we start getting seriously concerned about the new regime? We are getting torn apart at will here.
I know it's not a popular view but i really see no difference between this season and last, same mistakes from the same players and the new players barring Sokratis and Guendozi not getting game time.

I know he needs to be given time but how long? We were rightly scathing of AW's tactics, team selection etc but for some reason the same standard can't be held up to UE. Many on here said the most basic indicator was an improvment in performance as a team, not necessarily results, but right now i can't see it.

Mhiki, Welsh Messi and Auba did next to nothing in that half, Belerin was poor as was Iwobi i know a rebuild takes time but at the moment i'm more worried about dropping into the teams behind us rather than chasing the teams ahead.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Very Keystone Kops at the back. We're going to have to score a few more with this defending. Why keep playing it out from the back when the players clearly ain't good enough to do this?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:02 pm
Very Keystone Kops at the back. We're going to have to score a few more with this defending. Why keep playing it out from the back when the players clearly ain't good enough to do this?
For me that's the most annoying thing tbh. It's suicidal.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

That's exactly the point. He wants to play a system but we don't have the players to play it because they are stuck in the habits of Wongaball. He should change how they play if they can't play his way. A manager has to be as adaptable as his players. I still can't understand why we can't address the basics. We know our CB's are very poor and slow, so play Torreira and Douzi in front of them for protection, Muckytarragon is just not good enough and nor is Xhaka.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

It's Football 101. You build the system around the strengths and weaknesses of the players you have not around an ideal.

augie

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:07 pm
That's exactly the point. He wants to play a system but we don't have the players to play it because they are stuck in the habits of Wongaball. He should change how they play if they can't play his way. A manager has to be as adaptable as his players. I still can't understand why we can't address the basics. We know our CB's are very poor and slow, so play Torreira and Douzi in front of them for protection, Muckytarragon is just not good enough and nor is Xhaka.

The 3rd and 5th fastest players in our squad apparently :shock: :shock:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Time might have come to put our pride in our pocket and put the call in to Hodgson. £1m bonus to keep us up...... :? :? :?