Carabao Cup thread - Next up, the scum.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BFG4

Re: Carabao Cup thread - Next up, the scum.

Post by BFG4 »

It's easy to over hype the importance of games, but i consider this as one of the biggest games of the season. Since we beat Spurs a few weeks ago we have been shit and should we lose tonight, that will be two losses in a row, which could have a really bad effect on the squad. On top of that, there is the added bonus of leaving them trophy less for another season. I hope we play our strongest team but i can see the likes of Iwobi stinking up the place for another 90 minutes.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

should be a cracking atmosphere tonight - I'm hoping that there will be a fire alarm sounded at the away end by 9.30pm :D

Post by 1989 »

Dreading this tbh. Think they're gonna play their best team looking for revenge and we'll put out the kids.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Dreading tonight a bit to be honest. I could score against our defence at the moment! I think Poxychinos will go for it and we could get hammered.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Had a quick look on a couple of their forums, seems a lot of their fans are dreading it too as they are convinced Poxy will play a weakened team. Seems like Kane has man-flu so may be bench at best? Cheered me up a little anyway!!

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Team selection is huge for this, play the stiffs and we will get boabied cos I'm pretty sure they will play a strong line up

Herd

Post by Herd »

clockender1 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:36 pm
Herd wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:44 pm

Oh how times have changed !
lol. if we were still at Highbury, you'd have graduated to the West Upper where the old geezers used to smoke Senior Service in their flat caps and piss and moan regardless of the result :lol:

it was like a blue fog up there.

I was quite looking forward to it in a way.
I was A Block at Highbury Upper East for those who dont know ,had it all up there crooks drug dealers thugs rock stars and Melvyn Bragg !
Im off soon others are already there !

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

we could progress and get burton albion in a two legged semi! but end up having to face the oil barons in the final

or we could get them in the semi and face likely chelsea in a final. i think we'd have more luck v city in a two legged affair. then again this could all be for nothing and we could lose

getting some nerves here, beating them in the league in many ways is the bigger result, but tonight could be a bigger impact on our season

come on boys :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Poxychinos will put out the first team XI tonight as he knows winning a trophy this season is going to instigate a bidding war between the manc filth and the scum for his services next season and he can name his price.

If we beat them tonight Levi will settle for less compo from manure in May.

I still have a gut feeling we can do them 2-1 but would be more confident if we went 4-4-2 with Ozil Lacazette and Boomerang all starting and Comedy Iwobi never playing football ever again not even a five aside with his mates.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Given who is injured and not injured and the players Dick seems obsessed with I have a feeling it will be something like this...

Helmet Head, Sokratis, Lichtsteiner, Xhaka, Maitland-Niles, The Dozer, Torreira, Nacho, Comedy Iwobi, Ozil or Ramsey, Lacazette.

:|

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

ARSENAL XI: Cech, Maitland-Niles, Sokratis, Xhaka, Monreal, Torreira, Guendozi, MKhitaryan, Ramsey, Iwobi, Aubameyang

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:47 pm
Given who is injured and not injured and the players Dick seems obsessed with I have a feeling it will be something like this...

Helmet Head, Sokratis, Lichtsteiner, Xhaka, Maitland-Niles, The Dozer, Torreira, Nacho, Comedy Iwobi, Ozil or Ramsey, Lacazette.

:|
two wrong. not bad :mrgreen:

Ozil is not even in the squad again.

its a strong team. good . it means Dick understands that this game has to be won at all costs.

:barscarf:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Assuming it’s xhaka and Sokratis at CB, that is the slowest CB partnership I have ever seen at Arsenal. Son will have a field day! :|

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:01 pm
Assuming it’s xhaka and Sokratis at CB, that is the slowest CB partnership I have ever seen at Arsenal. Son will have a field day! :|
Xhaka has been playing stand in LB hasn't he ?

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

CB in a three at the weekend