Injuries

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: Injuries

Post by Midz »

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Kieran Tierney faces up to three months on the sidelines after picking up a hamstring injury during Real Sociedad’s 3-0 Basque derby win against Athletic Club on Saturday, with it understood that surgery is a possibility. [@FrazFletcher] #afc

Should have kept KT at the club like some on here wanted :wink: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Poor Kid, it looks like we now know the reason why Arteta wanted rid of him.

It's a shame because he always gives 100% (when fit) and seems like a decent lad.

Midz

Post by Midz »

He's a decent lad, and gives 100% like you said but he's always injured and never stays fit for long before the next injury. Hence why we should get rid.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Leandro Trossard has withdrawn from Belgium squad for Euro 2024 qualifiers against Austria & Sweden due to hamstring problem sustained vs Man City. #AFC

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Looks like we're getting quite a few injuries Early Doors, just hope the players who are affected get back to Full Fitness and that they don't end up being in and out throughout the remainder of the season..

so far then we have:

Timber
Saka
Trossard

Though I'm sure they'll still have to be careful with Martinelli for a while.

Good thing about the international Interlull is it gives time for the Medical Teams to work with those players on their injury/fitness.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Bukayo Saka is out of the England squad after medical checks having reported up today. No replacements to be called:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨| William Saliba is confident that he will be fit for Arsenal’s trip to Chelsea after pulling out of the France squad.

@sr_collings reports that the defender does not have a new issue but he has been managing it for a number of weeks and has been able to cope with the pain. 🤕

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:40 pm
🚨| William Saliba is confident that he will be fit for Arsenal’s trip to Chelsea after pulling out of the France squad.

@sr_collings reports that the defender does not have a new issue but he has been managing it for a number of weeks and has been able to cope with the pain. 🤕
Read somewhere it was a broken toe ?
Not much you can do for that other than strap / bandage it for protection.

Glad a few of our players will get a rest for international week

Midz

Post by Midz »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:23 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:40 pm

Read somewhere it was a broken toe ?
Not much you can do for that other than strap / bandage it for protection.

Glad a few of our players will get a rest for international week
Me too. It's a shame they all can't get a rest from it.

Is it a me only thing or do you guys have no interest in the internationals>

I fucking hate them. I never watch them. My only interest in them is that none of our players get injured.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🇧🇷🇬🇭 Mikel Arteta says Gabriel Jesus and Thomas Partey are expected to be out for 'a few weeks':

On Jesus: "The scan showed a muscle injury and we might lose him for a few weeks again."

On Partey: "He’s got a muscle injury and we expect him to be out for a few weeks."

Midz

Post by Midz »

I think we should sell Partey because he's never lived up to expectations and spends too much time inured.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Midz wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:18 pm
I think we should sell Partey because he's never lived up to expectations and spends too much time inured.

Should have got shot of him in the summer. A few of us on here were saying that at the time. Injuries aside, he’s been a disappointment. Bang average.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:41 pm
🇧🇷🇬🇭 Mikel Arteta says Gabriel Jesus and Thomas Partey are expected to be out for 'a few weeks':

On Jesus: "The scan showed a muscle injury and we might lose him for a few weeks again."

On Partey: "He’s got a muscle injury and we expect him to be out for a few weeks."
I remember we all thought our Prem title challenge would crash & burn immediately with Jesus' injury at the Slave Cup last year, but Eddie did turn up... Sadly I think that was a One Off and as some have already said he will not do so this time round, we ALL know (well except Arteta, Stevie Wonder and the Retards who think the former can do know wrong) Eddie will Never be good enough to lead the line and is a Waste of Space, but really is too lightweight; especially against 'Physical' sides like the Flat Cap SisterShagging Ferret Bothering Northern Trolls that we play tomorrow...

As for Partey he is quickly becoming the new Diaby (sorry SteveO) and see's more of the injury clinic than the pitch.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:51 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:41 pm

I remember we all thought our Prem title challenge would crash & burn immediately with Jesus' injury at the Slave Cup last year, but Eddie did turn up... Sadly I think that was a One Off and as some have already said he will not do so this time round, we ALL know (well except Arteta, Stevie Wonder and the Retards who think the former can do know wrong) Eddie will Never be good enough to lead the line and is a Waste of Space, but really is too lightweight; especially against 'Physical' sides like the Flat Cap SisterShagging Ferret Bothering Northern Trolls that we play tomorrow...

As for Partey he is quickly becoming the new Diaby (sorry SteveO) and see's more of the injury clinic than the pitch.
Partey never had alot of injuries in Spain, two listed very good player on his day totally unreliable fitness wise with us. Zinchenko people should look at his injury history a squad player at City and often injured, with us he's in and around the first team all the time and every few games break's down. Timber would of dislodged him on performances but another sadly injured!

I wouldn't even compare Partey to Diaby who had his ankle and career ruined by a cowards challenge last minute of a game we were 3-0 up in Dan Smith Sunderland clogger to call centre worker, makes me angry typing it. Like Ramsey, like Eduardo took a percentage off their games and chunks out of the players careers.

Nketiah will probably get the nod tomorrow, I'd prefer Havertz just because he can at least hold the ball and link play.