City Banned from CL for 2 years

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
User avatar
augie
Posts: 25536
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: City Banned from CL for 2 years

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:47 am
Saw a headline on the internet saying Stevie Me is wondering if the 2014 Premier League title should now be awarded to Victims FC. Didn't have time to read the article so may have been a wind up in fairness.



And moaninho questioned whether his second place finish with manure should see them awarded the league too - shameful on their behalf tbh :oops: :oops:

User avatar
IW8Goalmachine
Posts: 2543
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:15 am
Location: Galway

Re: City Banned from CL for 2 years

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

augie wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:50 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:47 am
Saw a headline on the internet saying Stevie Me is wondering if the 2014 Premier League title should now be awarded to Victims FC. Didn't have time to read the article so may have been a wind up in fairness.



And moaninho questioned whether his second place finish with manure should see them awarded the league too - shameful on their behalf tbh :oops: :oops:
When I think about it, I would be well up for Liverpool getting the 2014 title. Brendan Rodgers would be the first Liverpool manager to win the PL overshadowing stupid teeth :D

Clash
Posts: 2509
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:46 pm

Re: City Banned from CL for 2 years

Post by Clash »

.
Last edited by Clash on Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

Gunner Rob
Posts: 6015
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: City Banned from CL for 2 years

Post by Gunner Rob »

what i don't understand is why City haven't been thrown out of the CL this season ?
if they are guilty then the ban should be from immediate effect.

you dont allow criminals who have committted a crime to take a holiday before going in prison for a couple of years!

Clash
Posts: 2509
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:46 pm

Re: City Banned from CL for 2 years

Post by Clash »

The double standards of this ban thing is bad enough but talk of stripping Man City of their trophies or putting an asterisk alongside them is just excruciating and cringe-worthy!

Typical of modern fans though and this baffling desperation to see the loathsome SlippyG (© DB10G 8) ) get his ''much deserved title medal'' :roll: !

But if it happens do we get an asterisks for the 2001 FA Cup final because Liverpool played with two keepers that day? Or maybe the 1932 FA Cup final can be replayed because the ball was over the line before Newcastle's goal?

:roll:

User avatar
IW8Goalmachine
Posts: 2543
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:15 am
Location: Galway

Re: City Banned from CL for 2 years

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Clash wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:24 am
The double standards of this ban thing is bad enough but talk of stripping Man City of their trophies or putting an asterisk alongside them is just excruciating and cringe-worthy!

Typical of modern fans though and this baffling desperation to see the loathsome SlippyG (© DB10G 8) ) get his ''much deserved title medal'' :roll:

But if it happens do we get an asterisks for the 2001 FA Cup final because Liverpool played with two keepers that day? Or maybe the 1932 FA Cup final can be replayed because the ball was over the line before Newcastle's goal?

:roll:
Ok, after reading that point I'm not so much up for it now.
Last edited by IW8Goalmachine on Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
augie
Posts: 25536
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: City Banned from CL for 2 years

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:20 am
what i don't understand is why City haven't been thrown out of the CL this season ?
if they are guilty then the ban should be from immediate effect.

you dont allow criminals who have committted a crime to take a holiday before going in prison for a couple of years!




Because normally, unless a person is charged with murder or attempted murder, they wont be in prison before conviction - funny thing in law is that everybody is entitled to appeal a conviction before punishment can be enforced :roll:

User avatar
Nos89
Posts: 3419
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:44 am

Re: City Banned from CL for 2 years

Post by Nos89 »

The appeal will be largely based around the inaction of UEFA against PSG. If City get thrown out then they will take PSG and Real Madrid with them. CAS will overturn the ban. The Premier League won't do anything, they do not have the grounds to issue a retrospective punishment.
I was thinking it was like Juventus and the match fixing scandal which saw them relegated only to come up and win every league title campaign since. However, the difference here is that the investigation and action were almost immediate. The Premier League will be reviewing an action from 7-8 years ago, without having investigated City until UEFA down something. City is an easy target for UEFA. Ultimately, Man City haven't breached any Premier League rules, or UEFA rules substantially enough for this ban to stick, or any other punishment to brought against them. Over inflating the sponsorship money isn't a breach of FFP, otherwise UEFA would be guilty of that when they sell the rights to broadcast the Champions League.
Given the way City supporters have treated the Champions League don't think most of the them would be bothered about being banned from European competition for two years.

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 28388
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: City Banned from CL for 2 years

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:47 am
Saw a headline on the internet saying Stevie Me is wondering if the 2014 Premier League title should now be awarded to Victims FC. Didn't have time to read the article so may have been a wind up in fairness.
Apparently he said something along the line's of "Weeee wuuurrrz robbed" - Ohhh! The fuckin' Irony of a scouser saying such a thing. :? :roll: :D

User avatar
Nos89
Posts: 3419
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:44 am

Re: City Banned from CL for 2 years

Post by Nos89 »

Jumping on the Stevie G and Jose bandwagon, any chance the Premier League can investigate the unusual going on of the 2016 league champions and award that title to the team that actually finished second, not the team that everyone thinks finished second?

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 47510
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: City Banned from CL for 2 years

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:50 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:47 am
Saw a headline on the internet saying Stevie Me is wondering if the 2014 Premier League title should now be awarded to Victims FC. Didn't have time to read the article so may have been a wind up in fairness.



And moaninho questioned whether his second place finish with manure should see them awarded the league too - shameful on their behalf tbh :oops: :oops:
:oops:

They really are a pair of shameful classless cùnts aren't they? :roll:

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 47510
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: City Banned from CL for 2 years

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:24 am
The double standards of this ban thing is bad enough but talk of stripping Man City of their trophies or putting an asterisk alongside them is just excruciating and cringe-worthy!

Typical of modern fans though and this baffling desperation to see the loathsome SlippyG (© DB10G 8) ) get his ''much deserved title medal'' :roll: !

But if it happens do we get an asterisks for the 2001 FA Cup final because Liverpool played with two keepers that day? Or maybe the 1932 FA Cup final can be replayed because the ball was over the line before Newcastle's goal?

:roll:
There's a few soccerball fans on here that will be wànking themselves into the proverbial coma at the thought of their beloved mousers getting gifted a title and especially Slippy G finally getting the PL medal he so richly deserves through being such a classy guy and a "legend". Yep. :roll: :oops:

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 47510
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: City Banned from CL for 2 years

Post by DB10GOONER »

And yes "legend" is a euphemism for "cùnt". Absolutely. :D

nut flush gooner
Posts: 3109
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:23 am

Re: City Banned from CL for 2 years

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:19 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:20 am
what i don't understand is why City haven't been thrown out of the CL this season ?
if they are guilty then the ban should be from immediate effect.

you dont allow criminals who have committted a crime to take a holiday before going in prison for a couple of years!




Because normally, unless a person is charged with murder or attempted murder, they wont be in prison before conviction - funny thing in law is that everybody is entitled to appeal a conviction before punishment can be enforced :roll:
I'm beginning to think Augie is a closet City fan or at least has a soft spot for them. :D :D

User avatar
augie
Posts: 25536
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: City Banned from CL for 2 years

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:59 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:19 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:20 am
what i don't understand is why City haven't been thrown out of the CL this season ?
if they are guilty then the ban should be from immediate effect.

you dont allow criminals who have committted a crime to take a holiday before going in prison for a couple of years!




Because normally, unless a person is charged with murder or attempted murder, they wont be in prison before conviction - funny thing in law is that everybody is entitled to appeal a conviction before punishment can be enforced :roll:
I'm beginning to think Augie is a closet City fan or at least has a soft spot for them. :D :D



I have had a soft spot for them long before the creation of sky football, but tbh it was only cos of how much they (and me) hate their arrogant neighbours :evil: I always enjoyed telling manure fans that they werent the club proper manchester people support, and that mancland was blue :lol: :lol:

Post Reply