Citeh (A) postponed due to The End Of Days.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
A11M11

Re: Citeh (A) postponed due to The End Of Days.

Post by A11M11 »

Cursory glance got caught playing out from the back again

John F

Post by John F »

I think the defence was practising social distancing.Brentford look like a good bet for winning the play offs.

augie

Post by augie »

John F wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:23 am
I think the defence was practising social distancing.Brentford look like a good bet for winning the play offs.

Got raped on right wing when sokratis went right full :roll: I would very much question martinez getting beaten on the first goal at his near post.
Laca scored a goal but had couple of woeful efforts and got caught fcuking around on edge of our box (I think they scored from it)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

https://www.onlinegooner.com/articles/view/5125

This really doesn't bode well! :?

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

You didnt expect them to play like a team who knows what they are doing? Are you lot sure you're Arsenal supporters and have watched us in the last 10 or so years :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:02 pm
You didnt expect them to play like a team who knows what they are doing? Are you lot sure you're Arsenal supporters and have watched us in the last 10 or so years :wink:

Losing to Brentford is no big deal to me - the continued practice of playing sokratis at right full is a serious worry to me :rubchin:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

augie wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:46 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:

Losing to Brentford is no big deal to me - the continued practice of playing sokratis at right full is a serious worry to me :rubchin:
Wow, it's just Right Full that concerns you, our defence has concerned me for about 15 years now :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

Am I the only one getting fcuked off with all these managers, ex-players, ex-managers (arteta is the latest) coming out in the media expressing concerns that players might be more susceptible to muscle injuries when the season resumes cos their fitness wont be there ? What were these c.unts doing for the last 3 months ? Where all those photo's in the media showing players working out just a pr myth ? Reality is that, IF the players were working out like they were told to, then fitness should not be an issue. There is a strong possibility that players wont be match fit, but that is a different type of fitness and generally refers to match sharpness not physical fitness

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:40 pm
augie wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

Wow, it's just Right Full that concerns you, our defence has concerned me for about 15 years now :wink:

No, what concerns me is arteta's willingness to play sokratis out there when even stevie wonder can see that it wont work :roll: For me this very much shows arteta up to be a hypocrite - he brought players back into the squad when there were out the door (and refused to sell xhaka despite good money being on the table) because he wanted to play the best team regardless of other issues, and yet he has frozen out maitland-niles despite the fact that he is BY FAR a better option at right full than sokratis (and I say that as a sokratis fan). It is proving easy for arteta to have a pop at younger players whilst showing no interest in moving on from the likes of luiz, ozil, xhaka etc - I know that young players need to be brought back down to earth sometimes, but everything arteta does suggests a manager that wants to have an older experienced team, rather than to mould one for the future

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

augie wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:50 am
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:40 pm
augie wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

No, what concerns me is arteta's willingness to play sokratis out there when even stevie wonder can see that it wont work :roll: For me this very much shows arteta up to be a hypocrite - he brought players back into the squad when there were out the door (and refused to sell xhaka despite good money being on the table) because he wanted to play the best team regardless of other issues, and yet he has frozen out maitland-niles despite the fact that he is BY FAR a better option at right full than sokratis (and I say that as a sokratis fan). It is proving easy for arteta to have a pop at younger players whilst showing no interest in moving on from the likes of luiz, ozil, xhaka etc - I know that young players need to be brought back down to earth sometimes, but everything arteta does suggests a manager that wants to have an older experienced team, rather than to mould one for the future
Personally I think AMN is shit at RB too, one of the most consistently over rated players we have. Hes been in and around the squad for the last 4 to 5 years but hasnt been able to make RB or his own 'preffered' midfield slot his so I'd get rid at the earliest opportunity. I'm not sure if Soares is fit yet but for me he'd be given the chance.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Maitland Niles is not a right back , he doesn't have the discipline to defend . It may well be that following his much publicised strop about playing there Arteta has told him to force his way into the midfield or he will have to go. This means that he has to look for alternatives and noone knows if Soares is fully fit or even staying.
Sokratis may not be the perfect answer to Bellerin's back up but at least he shows that he is prepared to move about to play and do a job for the team.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:52 am
Maitland Niles is not a right back , he doesn't have the discipline to defend . It may well be that following his much publicised strop about playing there Arteta has told him to force his way into the midfield or he will have to go. This means that he has to look for alternatives and noone knows if Soares is fully fit or even staying.
Sokratis may not be the perfect answer to Bellerin's back up but at least he shows that he is prepared to move about to play and do a job for the team.
Maitland Niles isn't good enough for Arsenal and he never will be - Get shot.

I remember earlier in the season he was moaning about being played in the back line - saying he was a mid-fielder, or it was his best position...whoever the manager was at the time played him in his preferred position in mid-field and he was still shyte. :?

augie

Post by augie »

I'm not saying that he is the answer at right full, just that he is a better option than sokratis is all

The soares situation is baffling - by rights the season should be finished by now, and if he still isnt fit enough to play, then why the hell did we sign him ?? The senile old french cock rightly gets stick over signing kallstrom, but at least he was able to make four first team appearances, and if this season finished on time it would have been four more than soares did :roll: :oops: :oops:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Feels weird watching premier league footy in June/July but actually in a perverted way looking forward to the thumping at City. Being in lockdown has not been easy and WhatsApp has probably saved my sanity together with daily ding dongs with Jock Gooner. :D :D

We now have a matchday WhatsApp group for Arsenal fans with season ticket holders and regulars who all know each other, so the banter should be good if nothing else.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Let the fun begin !. We'll probably put out our aged superstars (in their own minds), & get thumped. But for me , who I'm sad to say watched the mighty Ian Ure in the 60's, this will still be a team wearing red/white running around looking just superb !!. At this stage of the season it doesn't really matter. Don't play any old fellas & just see what happens. Nice to be back. :barscarf: :barscarf: