*Red bin dipping filth N Sat 29th Aug KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: *Red bin dipping filth N Sat 29th Aug KO 430pm

Post by goonersid »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:30 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:35 am
Normally the charity shield is a good way to ramp up the fitness levels ahead of the season but considering the shit show we’re all in at the moment this will have Boreham Wood levels of intensity.

How long are the players even back? A week? It’s normally just the 3 subs allowed in this match but presumably that’s also gone out the window this year? They probably should have done away with it this year especially as there will be no crowd, it’s crazy that it’s come about so soon after the cup final.
Why is the bloody thing being played 2 weeks before the start of the season too? Always historically been the weekend before, so would have thought a couple more Barnet/Boreham Wood type friendlies would have been the name of the game, before the Charity Shield next weekend?

What are we doing next weekend then?

Just seems a bit hurried
Internationals, Stevo! :barscarf:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Normally the charity shield is a good way to ramp up the fitness levels ahead of the season but considering the shit show we’re all in at the moment this will have Boreham Wood levels of intensity.

How long are the players even back? A week? It’s normally just the 3 subs allowed in this match but presumably that’s also gone out the window this year? They probably should have done away with it this year especially as there will be no crowd, it’s crazy that it’s come about so soon after the cup final.
Why is the bloody thing being played 2 weeks before the start of the season too? Always historically been the weekend before, so would have thought a couple more Barnet/Boreham Wood type friendlies would have been the name of the game, before the Charity Shield next weekend?

Just seems a bit hurried
Next weekend is internationals SteveO :oops: a fucking joke

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonersid wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:02 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Just seems a bit hurried
Lol - how could I forget.......couldn't even tell you who England are playing! Only reason I heard that they were was because of that concrete headed c.unt at Man Ure trying to bribe his way out of the police cell with the usual "don't you know who I am" class!

FFS - just what we need now. An international break before a ball has been kicked - that could even end up on the modern day football bollocks thread!

I take it you're looking forward to whoever Oireland are playing in equal measure Sid? :D

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:58 pm
goonersid wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Just seems a bit hurried
Lol - how could I forget.......couldn't even tell you who England are playing! Only reason I heard that they were was because of that concrete headed c.unt at Man Ure trying to bribe his way out of the police cell with the usual "don't you know who I am" class!

FFS - just what we need now. An international break before a ball has been kicked - that could even end up on the modern day football bollocks thread!

I take it you're looking forward to whoever Oireland are playing in equal measure Sid? :D
:lol: Ironing my Tricolour as I type Stevo!
And as disinterested and pointless it is, I still hope Ingerland get beat :twisted: :lol:

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

goonersid wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:04 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
goonersid wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Just seems a bit hurried

And as disinterested and pointless it is, I still hope Ingerland get beat :twisted: :lol:
Racist.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Andrew wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:00 pm
goonersid wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
goonersid wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Just seems a bit hurried

Racist.
It's not rape if they consent ffs! Have you learned nothing on this forum? :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
goonersid wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Just seems a bit hurried

Sid's not Oirish mate. He's British. :D :wink:

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:08 pm
Andrew wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:00 pm
goonersid wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
goonersid wrote:

Racist.
It's not rape if they consent ffs! Have you learned nothing on this forum? :lol: :wink:
We've only got your word for it though. #MeToo

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Any thoughts on this game !!! Do we have Messi yet ? :barscarf: :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

They need tv revenue thats why its happening so quick .

Herd

Post by Herd »

They need tv revenue thats why its happening so quick .

augie

Post by augie »

One of the rags ran a back page headline this morning about clubs preparations for the new season being hit by quarantine restrictions and said that we are being hit with 4 players, but nowhere in the article can I see the names of the 4 players - I'm guessing gabriel (assuming he signs) is one, but who are the other 3 ? :?

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Emi Martinez is one, having returned from a Greek holiday (where incidentally he didn’t punch or bribe any Policemen).

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Kingralph wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:50 am
Emi Martinez is one, having returned from a Greek holiday (where incidentally he didn’t punch or bribe any Policemen).
What an amateur !

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Kingralph wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:50 am
Don't you mean, "he wasn't the victim of an unprovoked attack on his fist while someone tried to make him take money out of his wallet"?