Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 20jan KO 745

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clummo99

Re: Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 6 Jan KO

Post by Clummo99 »

So with a minimum of 7 days isolation (possibly 10) for anyone Covid positive have they requested the FA Cup match postponed yet? Most of those players and staff missing now will still be missing at the weekend.

Will be very interesting to see what happens.

xisstential

Re: Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 6 Jan KO

Post by xisstential »

So Klopp, who has an opinion that needs to be shared, about absolutely EVERYTHING with absolutely EVERYBODY, has lectured players, authorities and anybody else who would listen, about getting vaccinated, is now one of the first in a cage along with almost everyone who stands next to him. And has now decided this would be a good time to rearrange the PL fixture list for 2022. I'm so tired of that club........isn't he just the perfect mouthpiece for them? Loud, obnoxious, unaccountable and always a victim.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:28 pm
So Klopp, who has an opinion that needs to be shared, about absolutely EVERYTHING with absolutely EVERYBODY, has lectured players, authorities and anybody else who would listen, about getting vaccinated, is now one of the first in a cage along with almost everyone who stands next to him. And has now decided this would be a good time to rearrange the PL fixture list for 2022. I'm so tired of that club........isn't he just the perfect mouthpiece for them? Loud, obnoxious, unaccountable and always a victim.
They are basically a sub species were cheating, lying and thieving is in bred

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:06 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:02 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:41 pm
Nice of us to "agree" to move to after the Spurs game and 2 days before Burnley

Liverpool would like "to thank the EFL and Arsenal for their understanding" !!!!

Fuck off you c.unts - we've bent over to accomodate you and fucked ourselves over! Absolute fuming, as I expect are Villa and Leyton Orient
It makes me wonder what say we had in the matter and what conversations have been going on behind the scenes. My feeling is that we probably agreed to a cancellation as we're a decent club at the end of the day but may well have done so on the proviso that the legs were switched.
As it stands the Burnley game will kick off at 3pm on Saturday 22nd, with the rearranged game against the Mickeys finishing at around 9.30pm/10pm on Thursday 20th January. How on earth can that be fair?

Liverpool's game that weekend is on Sunday 23rd January at 2pm. So we've agreed to reschedule a match (coming off the back of the NLD on 16th) which gives them more recovery time afterwards???!!!!

Surely the announcement would have mentioned the Burnley game going back 24 hours? If we've rolled over and 'agreed' to that then the c.unts who run our club should be ashamed of themselves
I think we're a decent club. Not well-run or particularly well-organised. It wouldn't have occurred to any of them that we had a game against Burnley because nobody in any position of responsibility in the boardroom has a fixture list or can work the internet. As far as they're aware, we just turn up somewhere every few days and play a game against someone else.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

“The match against Shrewsbury on Sun 9th Jan is still scheduled to go ahead…” - @LFCHelp

:lol: That 3 day variant is a bit rough, ain’t it. :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I meant to post this a few nights ago on the other matches thread but got drunk on beer and mince pies and forgot but this is as good a place as any, considering the shit that's gone down now.

Wolves had back to back away games against us and united, a daunting task for them over the hectic Christmas schedule (in any other season :roll: ) so they just decided to pull our game citing injuries and covid and then rocked up to Old Trafford a few days later where a Christmas miracle had occurred and they had a fully fit, rested and healthy squad to choose from and they ended up taking all 3 points.

So it's not just the scum and victims at it, they're all fucking at it. The integrity (LOL :roll: ) of the competition is fucked when teams are manipulating the schedule to suit themselves, cancelling games because of injuries and to duck hard fixtures so they have the strongest possible squad available at all times. The game was fucking bent before but it's in the shitter now, never to return :banghead:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:00 pm
“The match against Shrewsbury on Sun 9th Jan is still scheduled to go ahead…” - @LFCHelp

:lol: That 3 day variant is a bit rough, ain’t it. :lol:
They certainly won't mind sticking 11 kids in the team for that game and still probably win.

They'll get away with it and not a single question will be raised by the FA, the press etc.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Redarmy wrote:
So we are away to scouse scum then 3 days later have the NLD....FFS :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Fucking joke
To be fair that was always the case regardless of this postponement.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

End of the day the only thing that is making me really angry is that we currently have to play a rested Burnley about 40 hours after the second leg of a cup semi final which could potentially go to extra time.

Surely we have to get this changed ?.?

We play 2 league games in the next month so it is not as if there are no spare dates.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Bang goes Gabriel’s game to beat his Spuds ban,looks like we’ve been doubly fucked over

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

robbo10 wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:31 pm
Bang goes Gabriel’s game to beat his Spuds ban,looks like we’ve been doubly fucked over
Won't that be Forrest at the weekend?

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:40 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:31 pm
Won't that be Forrest at the weekend?
I must admit I forgot about that game,it’ll be handy if it is,I hope your right mate

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:05 pm
Redarmy wrote:
So we are away to scouse scum then 3 days later have the NLD....FFS :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Fucking joke
To be fair that was always the case regardless of this postponement.
yes you are right :D ....still angry with that scouse lot though :D

i have a feeling we will loose both games....probably get cheated out of the scouse semi.....that crowd up there are unbelievable .....fuckin claim for everything

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:10 pm
End of the day the only thing that is making me really angry is that we currently have to play a rested Burnley about 40 hours after the second leg of a cup semi final which could potentially go to extra time.

Surely we have to get this changed ?.?

We play 2 league games in the next month so it is not as if there are no spare dates.
100% - and if our fucking goons agreed to that without having a discussion about moving this game back 24 hours at least, then they're even more fucking dense than I thought

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal’s PL game with Burnley moved to Sunday 23 January, 2pm kick-off following the postponement of their EFL Cup semi-final, first leg against Liverpool.