Getting tickets

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
arrgee

Re: Getting tickets

Post by arrgee »

Red Snapper wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:36 pm
I've still only been successful once from seven attempts in the ballot and on three of those occasions they haven't even emailed to let me know one way or the other. Losing all confidence in this system which I was optimistic about to begin with.
Are you silver or red?

I just had another knock back for Brighton game, however as luck would have it my ever so kindly brother in law transferred his ticket for tonight’s game as he wasn’t feeling well. Also managed to get a ticket transfer for West Ham game. But given I don’t need a membership for the transfers, I feel like Arsenal have just robbed me under false pretences. The ONLY reason I had a membership for 25+ years was to buy tickets.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Must admit I’ve only been able to get a ticket on the exchange

1. On the day of a match - when I think the touts are winding down
2. By using a more powerful computer in my office - no chance on a home computer.

The ticket exchange I believe is currently allowing touts to get their hands on more tickets. The club need to do more - in my opinion the situation has been made worse not better this season

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

Im in the very very lucky scenario that a lot of the work dealings i have have boxes at the bowl so thats the route i normally take, never leaving my job for that reason :), the down side is you could be the only one with any interest in the on pitch proceedings.

I used to be a north bank STH with 2 seats way back when we'd be 6 up in a game and we'd just slate the clockenders for our own amusement.

Those seats transferred to the bowl i think maybe 5 - 6 rows behind spit the scouse but unfortunately it was the wonga era and i got so dis-illusioned with the direction i handed those seats back. Top dollar for wengerball was not an easy sell at home :)

I ended up with 2 silvers then and handed them back about a year before wonga finally went. the club were officially taking the piss at that stage.

Funnily enough despite the access to the free booze and grub i still do my pre match wander from 12 pins to the auld triangle and post match in the tollington. When younger i'd do my crouch end pub crawl pre match.

but the clubs inability to get honest fans rather than tourists into games is a bit of a black mark against them still.......although in my dealing with AFC both personally and corporately down the years they really and truly just see you as a walking and talking ££££££££, once you remember that it makes dealing with them an awful lot easier.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:40 pm

2. By using a more powerful computer in my office - no chance on a home computer.

The ticket exchange I believe is currently allowing touts to get their hands on more tickets. The club need to do more - in my opinion the situation has been made worse not better this season
Not managed a ticket on TX since West Ham last season. Looks like I will get a ticket transfer for tomorrow, but the membership is a dud. Far worse than last season when I got a dozen tickets via my silver membership. This season, zilch. Will cancel in April.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:40 pm

They closed it at noon today. Luckily I got a ticket via ticket transfer at 11am. Won't get so lucky for Wolves game. At least I have a West Ham ticket promised via ticket exchange.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

arrgee wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:11 pm
Red Snapper wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:36 pm
I've still only been successful once from seven attempts in the ballot and on three of those occasions they haven't even emailed to let me know one way or the other. Losing all confidence in this system which I was optimistic about to begin with.
Are you silver or red?

I just had another knock back for Brighton game, however as luck would have it my ever so kindly brother in law transferred his ticket for tonight’s game as he wasn’t feeling well. Also managed to get a ticket transfer for West Ham game. But given I don’t need a membership for the transfers, I feel like Arsenal have just robbed me under false pretences. The ONLY reason I had a membership for 25+ years was to buy tickets.
Silver Senior arrgee so I qualify for the family enclosure as well.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

I inadvertently gave up my membership over the summer. For whatever reason the club never took payment for renewal, although I was able to enter the ballot for the first game of the season, for which I was unsuccessful. Doesn't sound like I'm missing out tbh

slevinlacey

Post by slevinlacey »

Anyone in their late 50s / 60s interested in picking up away tickets when called for collection? Can sort for game of collection as well as others.

I go to all away games but old man doesn’t so the collection is a nightmare.

Hope & Glory

Post by Hope & Glory »

Don’t post very often on here but enjoy coming on here to read all the other posts. I have followed Arsenal since 1970, and held various season tickets from about 1979 to 2007 and enjoyed quite a few away games in that time. In 2007 I had to give my season ticket up for personal reasons but 3 years later me and my 2 sons became red members, which we are still today. We struggled to get any tickets from about January onwards last season, but this season we have been in at least 7 ballots and been unsuccessful each time. We always apply in a group of 3, but just wondered if that made it less likely for us to succeed. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Hope & Glory wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:56 am
Don’t post very often on here but enjoy coming on here to read all the other posts. I have followed Arsenal since 1970, and held various season tickets from about 1979 to 2007 and enjoyed quite a few away games in that time. In 2007 I had to give my season ticket up for personal reasons but 3 years later me and my 2 sons became red members, which we are still today. We struggled to get any tickets from about January onwards last season, but this season we have been in at least 7 ballots and been unsuccessful each time. We always apply in a group of 3, but just wondered if that made it less likely for us to succeed. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks
I apply on my own as a red member and haven't had any joy. I don't think there is much likelihood of a achieving no matter what. At least I can get ticket transfer for a single.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Hope & Glory wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:56 am
Welcome back mate. You should post more often. Always good to hear from other Gooners that started supporting the team in the 70s.

Hope & Glory

Post by Hope & Glory »

Many thanks for your comments, hopefully now I am retired I can post more regularly. I will keep trying in the ballots and one day my luck might change. In the meantime I am left with local football and watching Arsenal in the pub.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Hope & Glory wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:25 pm
Many thanks for your comments, hopefully now I am retired I can post more regularly. I will keep trying in the ballots and one day my luck might change. In the meantime I am left with local football and watching Arsenal in the pub.
Have you considered moving to the village ?

Hope & Glory

Post by Hope & Glory »

I live close to the old Manor Ground in Plumstead. But now with the new Elizabeth Line it makes it so easy to get to The Emirates.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:37 pm
Hope & Glory wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:25 pm
Have you considered moving to the village ?
Couple of games coming up which I won’t be able to go to. Will stick them on ticket exchange.