Kai Havertz

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Kai Havertz

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Well, it’s official.

How many goals do you think he’ll get in his first season? I reckon 5, in all comps.

Yaaaaay deadwood :barscarf:

BobbyPires7

Re: Kai Havertz

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I’ve always considered him a really good player. Very dangerous in an attacking sense. Is also more than capable of looking after himself. I think he’ll be a really shrewd buy.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

I suppose it's hard to know if he starts or not. If Xhaka goes and he starts regularly in that position, then I'll say 8 goals in all comps.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

If he plays in an attacking midfield role, he'll get 10 goals plus I think. He'll blossom out of that cesspit and people will say what a great signing in a year from now!

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Not overly enamored by his signing, but Arteta has done great work on Odegaard who has improved so much since his loan spell.

If he can do the same with Havertz, and bring out that player we saw at Leverkusen then its all good.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Fuck me we’ve signed Kurtain from This Country,when will we learn
Last edited by robbo10 on Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

WELCOME Kai Havertz

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:00 pm
Well, it’s official.

How many goals do you think he’ll get in his first season? I reckon 5, in all comps.

Yaaaaay deadwood :barscarf:
I think he'll hit Double Figures. :proudtosay:

augie

Post by augie »

Meh :roll:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Not overly impressed with this signing but he's here now so hopefully a success.

Midz

Post by Midz »

I think he'll be ok for us. Good luck, Kai.

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

Good signing. Definite upgrade on Xhaka, which was needed - reckon he could get 10+ goals next season.

augie

Post by augie »

Midz wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:59 am

I would suggest that we have enough "ok" players, and if we are to progress then we need quality additions - havertz isnt anywhere near top quality

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:26 am
Midz wrote:

I would suggest that we have enough "ok" players, and if we are to progress then we need quality additions - havertz isnt anywhere near top quality
Absolutely. He has been utter shit for 3 years but then so have the chav$. :lol:

Of course alot depends on where and how we play him. Hopefully he will hit the ground running and come good but I won't hold my breath. :|

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:11 pm
augie wrote:
Midz wrote:

Absolutely. He has been utter shit for 3 years but then so have the chav$. :lol:

Of course alot depends on where and how we play him. Hopefully he will hit the ground running and come good but I won't hold my breath. :|

Strong reports in today's papers that he is going to be played in xhaka's position - havent the arteta apologists being telling us that arteta loves smith-rowe and is planning on playing him there ? Kills me to say it but I really hope for his sake that smith-rowe leaves this summer and goes to play for a manager that wants him

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:14 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:11 pm
augie wrote:
Midz wrote:

Strong reports in today's papers that he is going to be played in xhaka's position - havent the arteta apologists being telling us that arteta loves smith-rowe and is planning on playing him there ? Kills me to say it but I really hope for his sake that smith-rowe leaves this summer and goes to play for a manager that wants him

I've been saying this on here for ages. The boy needs to move on for the good of his career, otherwise he'll end up like so much of the promising young talent whose careers Wenger ruined. Didn't want to play them, but too much of a coward to let them go. Finally moved them on when they were about 24 yrs of age and had been bench warming and on loan to lower league sides. The Ox should have moved after his breakthrough season, but hung around and his career was fucked.

ESR was behind not only Xhaka, but also Vieira last season :oops: , so he didn't really need anymore evidence that he was surplus to requirements, but now Havertz is in front of him. Someone people will now be on with some line about his fitness and diet, which seems to be a product of their own imagination, because I've read no stories about such issues. Happy to retract that if there are any links. Anyway, I hope he moves on and has a fabulous career.