HAPPY NEW YEAR! + your wishes for 2024!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

HAPPY NEW YEAR! + your wishes for 2024!

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Happy new year, lads! Wishing you all a brilliant 2024. :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Post by DB10GOONER »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:34 am
Happy new year, lads! Wishing you all a brilliant 2024. :barscarf:
And a happy new year to you too ATID. :barscarf:

And a happy new year to all the Gooners on here.... but especially The Clique. :lol: :wink: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Post by DB10GOONER »

With apologies to the thread starter ATID, I've slightly amended the thread title to ask you all what are your Arsenal related hopes and wishes for 2024.

I'm guessing alot of responses might be "replace Arteta" but my main one is that VAR gets shit canned. I cannot emphasise (or whine :wink: ) enough how much VAR has ruined my enjoyment of the game.

I can handle Arsenal not being very good if the sport is enjoyable to watch - God knows we all sat through years of poor Arsenal sides - but I'm quickly approaching breaking point with football in general, mostly due to the many many issues with VAR.

Retro Gunner

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR! + your wishes for 2024!

Post by Retro Gunner »

Happy New Year boys and all the best for 2024.

As for my wishes for the Arsenal, while I’d love to win every available trophy every year, I’d be very happy to see us compete properly even if we come up short.

I could take not winning the league last season, because firstly I never seriously believed we would, but also because we gave it our best shot and I felt the passion returning, which is something I hadn’t felt for years on end. In fact, I’d doubted I could ever feel the same way about my club after the Old Fraud had been allowed to slowly but surely kill it.

So, just avoiding the obvious self harm (Xhaka, Havertz etc :banghead: ), making the best of the resources available (Arteta has wasted fortunes) and playing with the intensity and heart that the badge deserves, would make me happy. Sadly, it ain’t happening under El Basque.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Happy New Year to the Good & Honest Gooners on Here.

VAR is Sucking the enjoyment out of the game and is also a Tool or Means by which the game can become more open to Corruption. So Var Out for me.

Wish No 2 is for Arteta to go at the end of the season and bring in De Zerbi.... One wish I know won't come true, but one can always hope.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Happy New Year to everyone who follows the Arsenal...everyone who follows tottenham can fuck right off

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

My wish for 2024 is to be involved in a throuple with Alex Scott and Jess Glynne. 😆. I'll happily have a tug, whilst they get it on.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Belated HNY

In terms of wishes for the year - a centre forward, full backs who can defend first and foremost, Tomiyasu on the next plane out, and a new manager.

Given that Arteta is responsible for the lack of action on the first three, if I can't have those, the last one alone will do

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Happy New Year!

I will keep it simple - just replace Arteta. Because until that happens we stagnate at best, but more likely start to go backwards

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Rosie_titters wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:01 pm
My wish for 2024 is to be involved in a throuple with Alex Scott and Jess Glynne. 😆. I'll happily have a tug, whilst they get it on.
Welcome back to the fold ( if that doesn’t set you off too much ) Rosie !

Been a while, where you been hiding out ?