Red dippers H Sun 4th Feb KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Red dippers H Sun 4th Feb KO 430pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:24 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:04 pm
Reno Gooner wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:00 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:06 pm
We somehow managed to get a draw at their toilet, but then they turned us over at ours in the FA Cup. We most definitely CAN beat theseCunts but they have a better bench & manager than us. Our back up piss-poor excuse for a striker is the feather, whereas they can call upon Jota (who always scores against us) or Gakpo and both are leagues better than eddie the wet feather. Also we do not have a Left Back; Tomi is away, kiwior is non-existent and zinchenko is a total liability, so with either Diaz or that smarmyCunt nunez on their right flank that alone is a Nightmare. Martinelli can rip alexaner-arnold a new one if he is on it, but will need to run his bollocks off to help out the hapless zinchenko.

The rest of our defence will need to be Absolutely On It 101% and with salah missing it is one of the few advantages we have. But of course our forward line will need to take their chances and if they fuck-about with the tippy-tippy shyte like they have been doing and squandering chance after chance after chance by trying to walk the ball into the net then for sure we will lose.

I would suggest that if we do lose this any thoughts of us even being involved in the title challenge; which I do not think we are capable of in our present very weak state with arteta as manager. kai-live as god knows what other than useless and invisible. zinchenko, cedric & kiwior as supposed defenders :roll: and of course Eddie as our so-called striker...we will then be in with all the other also-rans whilst Cheaty and the Victims fight it out.

A MUST win, but then even if we do win, we will just have helped cheaty.

Fuckin' Depressing or what.
Even if we get something here, we won't challenge for the title. We might see flickers of false hope but that will be comprehensibly laid to rest at the business end of the season. Hope always dies last.

TBH, the whole thing has become boring, we seem to have been in a continuous, repetitive circle for the past 2 decades.
That's the killer. It's become so predictable and boring and tedious and demotivating that I'm struggling to maintain any interest in a club that I used to live and breath. Add to that how VAR has ruined the game as a spectacle, and the pimping of the shit little clubs like citeh and chav$ki and the beerbellies, and I'm so close to being fucking done with it that it scares me. :(

This is exactly how I feel and to be honest, I lost interest in this season after the debacle over Christmas. I said somewhere on the forum a few days ago that at no time last season did I expect us to win the league, so didn't take the habitual collapse too badly. However, the season had been promising enough to ignite the enthusiasm and passion that I honestly doubted could ever return after the final 12 years of Wenger.

Unfortunately and beginning with the lunatic and soul destroying signing of Havertz...after the joy of seeing Xhaka finally fuck off...it was apparent from the very start of this season that we were regressing. We're nowhere near side that we were last season and Arteta has fucked with the system and the style of play. Gone is the high tempo and slick passing, replaced by the mind numbing tedium of Wengeresque possesssion to no real end football. Endless passes, sideways and backwards, while the opposition get into position and keep everything in front of them. Add to this Arteta's refusal to see how desperately we need a striker, despite our complete impotence up front.

We're also still a physically lightweight side, that always seem to lack the power, grit, determination and aggression of other sides. I know how disliked Liverpool are on this forum, but you have to admit that there's a spirit and fight running through that club that gets them through even when they're up against it. I'm sure Klopp is highly motivational, but they've always had that spirit, just think back to the Cardiff final against us, where they should have been buried and Istanbul against Milan, where they had been buried at half time. Watching them last night, even without Salah, they play with a verve, tempo and dynamism that makes us look geriatric. They fight for every ball and frequently win challenges that are 60/40 against them, whereas we lose challenges that are 60/40 in our favour. City are a very technical passing side, but like the scousers move the ball quickly and get from back to front at speed, which is a nightmare to defend against. Our pedestrian build up couldn't be easier to shut out.

Anyway, as I've said previously, I had a basin full of hopeless nothingness for 12 years under the Old Fraud and it destroys the enjoyment and the soul. I can't fucking go through it again. It's not about entitlement, because I can take not winning things, but I can't take the self harm, the joylessness and the interminable cycle of always being 2 or 3 players short...despite in Arteta's case having spent a fortune...and the hopeless certainty of knowing how it always ends up. The bottom line is that given the stadium, the location, the heritage and the money we spend, we ought to be trading blows with the big boys. We haven't been doing that for years and we won't be doing it anytime soon. I have zero hope or enthusiasm for this season and anyone who genuinely thinks we can challenge for the title needs help. We'll do well to get 4th place. Still, I suppose that's a trophy. :roll:
Post of the week right there Retro. Every word 100% on the money.

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:30 am
Reno Gooner wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:40 am
I hear you DB....preaching to the choir brother.I used to be out with my wife and orchestrate things so I could somehow watch us play, even if it meant going home. Not anymore, I'm not giving up anything meaningful to watch us. The bottom line is that none of the players live and breathe The Arsenal.........and if they don't, why should I? The fans shouldn't be more invested than the players???

While I agree with the sentiment entirely, I feel compelled to make a small correction....being out with the missus isn't meaningful. :lol: :wink:
I meant it was meaningful despite the missus being with me :lol: :lol:

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

Another thing we have, as a fan base become fully invested in, is raging against VAR. I think it has completely ruined the game and we have had some shockers go against us.........BUT, if we got every favorable decision possible from here on out we still wouldn't win the league. Our main problem is not VAR, it's Arteta, the squad selection, the shocking purchases and the inability to own up to, and correct,bad choices.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

robbo10 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:23 am
In my honest and humble opinion,Red Dippers is nowhere near abusive enough for these shower of pitiful wankspangles

Hate this lot more than Sp*ds and the c unts from East Fulham
I agree it is pretty tame but my reasoning behind it was that it's the title I used when we todgered them up the ring last season :rubchin: I went all in two footed for the cup tie and we know how that went :cry:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:55 pm
robbo10 wrote:
In my honest and humble opinion,Red Dippers is nowhere near abusive enough for these shower of pitiful wankspangles

I agree it is pretty tame but my reasoning behind it was that it's the title I used when we todgered them up the ring last season :rubchin: I went all in two footed for the cup tie and we know how that went :cry:

Hmmm, did VAR take a look at that? :rubchin: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:55 pm
robbo10 wrote:

When it comes to these murdering gash monkeys I'll take every advantage we can get to avoid losing to them. I say stick with the superstitious thread title Falky old buddy! 8)

Come on The Arsenal. Let's smash Herr Stupid Teeth Football Bono Trampy Shipman and let fucking SlySports have to tip toe their way around that in the inevitable documentary they will make about the media whore's last season with the victim cùnts. :censored:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Darwin Nunez a doubt for Liverpool's trip to Arsenal due to a foot injury sustained against Chelsea.

augie

Post by augie »

Reno Gooner wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:28 pm
Another thing we have, as a fan base become fully invested in, is raging against VAR. I think it has completely ruined the game and we have had some shockers go against us.........BUT, if we got every favorable decision possible from here on out we still wouldn't win the league. Our main problem is not VAR, it's Arteta, the squad selection, the shocking purchases and the inability to own up to, and correct,bad choices.

And that is my main problem with el basque right there - every manager makes mistakes so he isnt unusual there, but it is his refusal to accept them as mistakes and his refusal to correct them that finished me with him. For the most part havertz. zinchenko and jesus are constants, and his idea of changing things up is dropping martinelli for trossard or dropping trossard for martinelli :roll: :evil: :cussing: :cussing:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:27 am
Darwin Nunez a doubt for Liverpool's trip to Arsenal due to a sphincter injury sustained against Chelsea.
:shock: :D :wink:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Zinchenko will be targeted...he really is so shit at full back....big worry

that tosser havertz is a passenger hope he dont play...half season gone and everyone can see what he does...or doesnt do

hoping we can win ...basically we need the win

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Maybe I'm losing it :-P :banghead: But perhaps it's no coincidence that Stupid Teeth being the Attention Seeking Whore that he is; but also one right sneaky fucker chose to announce his departure to the world for more than the two rumoured reasons: He asked for £400Million to buy 3 new players (one of them being to replace the departing Salah - Osimhen.) But the owners said "no" due to the expenditure on the up-grade of their toilet of a ground. Second obviously because he is an attention seeking whore and hearing the refusal threw his toys out of the pram and threatened to leave to which they replied "okay, sign here".
But having called upon the might of the house robbingCunts to give Arsenal "The Anfield experience" :roll: Instead of the usual library that greets the opposition these days. Stupid Teeth knew the game with us was up and coming at ours and so weaponised all his media luvvies by :wailer: :wailer: :wailer: announcing to the world his intention to leave and run for the post of God :roll: :banghead: As he perceives us (imo: Mistakenly) as rivals for the Title.

So whilst I am rapidly losing interest in Arsenal games (Because of the arrogance and ineptitude of Arteta); just as I did during the last death throes of Wenkers reign, I so want to beat these forever whinging, moaning, house / car robbingCUNTS it hurts.

So For the Sake of my Sanity Ww Need to beat theseCUNTS

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Mikel Arteta on Thomas Partey:

“With Thomas unfortunately we had a little set back a few days ago. He’s not going to be available in the squad. 🇬🇭

“We don’t know if it’s a few days or weeks. He felt something in a very similar area & he wasn’t able to train the last few days.”

Midz

Post by Midz »

Fuck Partey off asap and get in a proper replacement to play alongside Rice.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:28 pm
Zinchenko will be targeted...he really is so shit at full back....big worry

that tosser havertz is a passenger hope he dont play...half season gone and everyone can see what he does...or doesnt do

hoping we can win ...basically we need the win
Absolutely. If I had stupid teeth and looked like a homeless tramp I'd be telling my players to put everything down Arsenal's left into that gaping hole where our left back should be.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:09 pm
Reno Gooner wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:28 pm

And that is my main problem with el basque right there - every manager makes mistakes so he isnt unusual there, but it is his refusal to accept them as mistakes and his refusal to correct them that finished me with him. For the most part havertz. zinchenko and jesus are constants, and his idea of changing things up is dropping martinelli for trossard or dropping trossard for martinelli :roll: :evil: :cussing: :cussing:

While I agree with all this, I would add that the signing of Havertz wasn't a mistake that all managers might make. Whether it was arrogance, poor judgement, or downright negligent stupidity, there is absolutely no excuse for signing a proven 3 year dud. There are some players that can struggle for a long spell (although 3 fucking seasons is stretching it to say the least), but still show signs of a footballer somewhere in there. The footballer doesn't always appear, but you can understand why an optimistic judgement might be made.

However, Havertz didn't show any signs of a hidden footballer waiting to burst out and whether he had or not, to pay £65 million for the bloke and pay him 300k p week based on a forlorn hunch, is fucking criminal and warrants the sack. Completely fucking unforgivable.