Wolves wankstains A Sat 20th April KO 730pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Wolves wankstains A Sat 20th April KO 730pm

Post by falkirk goon »

Next up in our season ending collapse it's Wolves at theirs.We don't do poor performances and shite results in isolation lads..DLL nailed on loss here 2-0 Wolves.

SteveO 35

Re: Wolves wankstains A Sat 20th April KO 730pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

1-0 defeat

The lead boots and jelly legs on display once more, only to be shaken off once its mathematically impossible to win the league

Thankfully a long weekend in Krakow for me and won't be going anywhere near a TV to watch this shite. I've checked out along with the team

See you for the lap of appreciation in late May when the 3rd placed nearly men trophy gets handed out

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

We’ll lose.

This team won’t progress until Arteta is gone, anyway.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

No zip, no pace, no energy, the entire team blowing out their arse 5 minutes into the second half of 2 games in a row now.

We’ve blown our wad too early and emptied the tank 6 games out.

:suicide:

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Fucking this game off to do something worthwhile with my time.

Can't be arsed with it

Haven't even got the chance of a tired Man City playing in the league this weekend, not that we'd do anything even if they dropped points.

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

I think we might win, keep the hopes flickering and then have a massive flame out against Chelsea...........manage the collapse a little differently this year. Same end result, different stutter.....keep things interesting.

Hope dies last.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Unless we get the 3 points from this game I think we may still end up in a battle for 4th with Villa. After tonight's game they looked fucked. :barscarf: :barscarf:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I think we will win this, tougher games to come!!

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Relegation form between now and Everton at home. :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I said it a few weeks ago and although I can’t defend Arteta completely the schedule we have got at the moment is definitely in City’s favour rather than us.

Hugely unlucky to get Villa sandwiched between our CL matches, and now ridiculously have to play Wolves, Chelsea and Spurs inside a week. City meanwhile get a breather before their match at Spurs next month.

The whole football calendar remains lopsided due to international breaks.- we played just 3 league games in March but we will play double that in April. It favours teams with stronger squads ie City.
It is why they are practically unbeatable in the PL these days, despite being a bit overrated.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:43 am
I said it a few weeks ago and although I can’t defend Arteta completely the schedule we have got at the moment is definitely in City’s favour rather than us.

Hugely unlucky to get Villa sandwiched between our CL matches, and now ridiculously have to play Wolves, Chelsea and Spurs inside a week. City meanwhile get a breather before their match at Spurs next month.

The whole football calendar remains lopsided due to international breaks.- we played just 3 league games in March but we will play double that in April. It favours teams with stronger squads ie City.
It is why they are practically unbeatable in the PL these days, despite being a bit overrated.
I said it to a couple of fellow gooners at the time Rob that when Coventry beat Wolves in the quarters it would make things harder for us..Had they won we would have a free Saturday this week with plenty spaces to play it now as were out of europe.They argued they would rather get the games played and out of the way but it's not turned out that way.City with just a cup semi and league games to go now will swat allcomers aside.City by 6 or maybe 8 come the end.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

City play Chelsea in the Cup sat ,and Brighton this day week ,so not exactly a breather, but agree it's an easier schedule than us

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

ONE ARSENE WENGER…..THERE’S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Bringing on back the glory days of top 4 finishes, laps of appreciation, great mental strength, dropped leetle bit physically, super quality and special circumstances

My name’s SteveO, I’ve had an accident and woke up in 2010. I’m desperately trying to get back home. Life on Emirates, 2024 series

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Yeah we're cooked, goosed, out on our feet, gassed, dead in the water. That's now 2 games in a row where we've cliff edged in the second half, we've run out of battery and tanked down the home stretch. Bayern had a corner about 5 mins before they scored last night and there were 2 or 3 of our players in the box bent over with their hands on their knees absolutely fucked. We've completely burned out, the pace has gone out of our game, there's no power, not once against Villa or Bayern were we able to run past the opposition or pass round them in a slick movement. Every player is running up the Travelator for 90 minutes.

In January when the same thing happened to us we had the luxury of 2 weeks rest in Dubai to reset which worked wonders, this time around we've 3 games in 8 days to contend with.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:47 am
Yeah we're cooked, goosed, out on our feet, gassed, dead in the water. That's now 2 games in a row where we've cliff edged in the second half, we've run out of battery and tanked down the home stretch. Bayern had a corner about 5 mins before they scored last night and there were 2 or 3 of our players in the box bent over with their hands on their knees absolutely fucked. We've completely burned out, the pace has gone out of our game, there's no power, not once against Villa or Bayern were we able to run past the opposition or pass round them in a slick movement. Every player is running up the Travelator for 90 minutes.

In January when the same thing happened to us we had the luxury of 2 weeks rest in Dubai to reset which worked wonders, this time around we've 3 games in 8 days to contend with.

Isn’t it strange how despite that busy schedule the fatigue suddenly evaporates for the last game of the season and everyone is fresh as a daisy with all the party tricks on display. Hmmmm