England – Now it’s all Wenger’s fault! (Feb 28)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner.ed
Site Admin

England – Now it’s all Wenger’s fault! (Feb 28)

Post by gooner.ed »

usual thread starter... no wonder the FA throw the book at arsenal on a regular basis. jealous and incompetent. great cocktail. nice to know the national game's in safe hands! :wink:

Freddie71

All Wegners Fault

Post by Freddie71 »

Terry Venables can kiss my arse. England have been shite since 1966.

dtjenkins

Post by dtjenkins »

I'd say since 1970 personally! :D

legend10

Post by legend10 »

i am getting sick and tired of these fucking wankers blaming wenger and arsenal.

fuck international football

arsenal arsenal arsenal

they should call it low league and tottenham burberry wearing chavs have a punch up abroad football

Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

It's not Wengers/Arsenals fault that England are shit. It's the coaches and scouts of teams like Pompey, Southampton, Bolton, Blackburn, Wigan etc who scout thugs rather than scout talented young players.

Arsenal scout these talent young players and thats why were good... Most of these Talented young players are foreign because the TYP here get kicked the shit out of and give football up.

It's true :cry:

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Cesc is God wrote:It's not Wengers/Arsenals fault that England are shit. It's the coaches and scouts of teams like Pompey, Southampton, Bolton, Blackburn, Wigan etc who scout thugs rather than scout talented young players.

Arsenal scout these talent young players and thats why were good... Most of these Talented young players are foreign because the TYP here get kicked the shit out of and give football up.

It's true :cry:
Southampton scouted Theo Walcott and Gareth Bale, I would hardly count those two as being thugs.

dtjenkins

Post by dtjenkins »

Also Wigan and Pompey don't exactly kick the shit out of teams.

Nobbie

Post by Nobbie »

The FA have an awful lot to answer for this situation. To throw the decline of the national team and how it plays football at the door of Arsenal and M. Wenger just goes to show what a bunch of incompetents they really are.
It was the FA that introduced the rule where a youngster can only travel up to an hour to the club where they are coached. Gibson, another jingoistic idiot, up at 'Boro has a bit of a monopoly in his area. Who else do they have to contend with for that area's up and coming talent? Hartlepool and Darlington. Unfortunately Arsenal have to contend with conceivably all the London teams plus the likes of Watford and Luton.
All of these clubs could be an option for the youngsters attention. Arsenal are in a position where they need to have top class players and if the kids that Arsenal do attract don't blossom as expected then we can't expect to see them in the team. This is when we have to look abroad and cut our cloth according to our means.
I look at the highlight programmes for the lower divisions and always find myself commenting to my eldest son the amount of players that HAVE come through the youth system at Arsenal. There are lots of them out there earning a decent living, and doing a good job for their new teams. Sidwell, Harper, Pennant, Bentley, Kuffour, Chilvers, Weston, Thomas, Stokes, Cregg, Shiels, Cannonville, and more. If they were absolutely top notch then they could have made it.
For the likes of Sidwell, he came along at a time when the midfield was the hardest place for any youngster to break through. He's gone on and proved what good footballer he is and is attracting interest from other clubs. Will he break through into the England set up whilst there are the likes of Gerrard, Hargreaves and Fat Frankie knocking around?, I very much doubt it.
The FA cocked it up in giving Sven the job, and they've compounded their initial error in having McClaren to take over.
They are gutless, and I'm of the opinion that the FA are kowtowing too much to the marketing men in how they present the England football team.
There are cases when either of Beckham, Rooney, and Owen should not have been included in squads due to their injuries, but as they were "the faces" of England and sell shirts, therefore they had to go and be seen to play.
I have real trouble watching Arsenal play live on the television, but England, no trouble at all as they just don't excite me and I know what they will ultimately end winning.
A Big Fat Frankie Zero.