Summer Departures

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
T.S

Summer Departures

Post by T.S »

If you were in charge at The Arse, never mind who you’d buy, but who would you get rid of? The reason I ask this is because I’ve just been reading the Arsenal website, and it seems that Tommy Rosicknote has got an injury which no one knows how long it will keep him out for. Now, Tommy is one of my favourite players in the squad, but if I were in charge, I’d certainly consider shipping him off in the summer, as he just cannot seem to stay fit enough to have a decent impact in the side.

Other candidates? Well I suppose there’s Gilberto, Lehmann, Traore…who knows, maybe even RvP, seeing as he’s always Van Persied (injured).

So who would you sell (if we’re assuming we’d sign a replacement)? Do tell…

jacko-arsnl

Post by jacko-arsnl »

Bendter hes not up to the arsenal standard and hes a moody twat
Gilberto to becuase he doesnt seem to be enjoying playing, well when he does play that is

Ted B

Post by Ted B »

hold it lehmann. hold it gilberto. welcome karel. :D

the_gooner89

Post by the_gooner89 »

Mine would have to be:

Lehmann
Gilberto
Bendtner
Eboue

I would cash in for these and attempt to buy a few players, them being.

Eto, Villa and Ribery with a possible centre back.

augie

Post by augie »

TS, your thoughts on this matter echo what I said recently - if van persie & rosicky cannot (greatly) reduce the number of injuries they are "suffering" then I would ship them both out without hesitation if we were assured that replacements would be brought in. I read today that wenger is hopeful that bert will sign a new contract too - even leaving aside bert's poor form this season can anybody tell me why bert would want to sign a new deal cos he aint going to get many games and at his age that aint good.

Have to say as well that I would sell hoyte as much for his own sake as anything else cos he aint good enough imo. We can all take it that jens will be off in the summer as well and suddenly you are looking at a thinner than ever squad and you picture le boss scouring primary schools for our next signings and the world feels good again :wink: :lol: :lol:

the_gooner89

Post by the_gooner89 »

I cant see why you would want to get rid of V.Persie but justin i can see it would benefit him to find another club although hes one of my fav players. Like you said Gilberto signing another year deal is crazy on his behalf and the team.

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

Jens Lehmann - I think he is off. If he still hasn't won his place back against a inferior goalkeeper, he won't now or ever

Emmanuel Eboue - if we are allowed to get a top-class right-winger than "Bye, bye Eboue"

Gilberto Silva - "Good servant, too slow, blah blah blah", you know what I'll say

That is three definite departures, I could pick more if I was assured we'd sign replacements

Plus players that don't really want to stay with us and flirt with other clubs

Ted B

Post by Ted B »

omg. i now deserve to be sectioned. how on earth did i forget to mention that **** of a twat eboue?! :shock: :? :oops: :roll: :twisted:

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

K a r e l =] wrote:omg. i now deserve to be sectioned. how on earth did i forget to mention that **** of a twat eboue?! :shock: :? :oops: :roll: :twisted:
Have you still got your Eboue 27 shirt? :oops: :lol:

Ted B

Post by Ted B »

:oops: well yeah i still have it but i dont wear it. its hung up on my bedroom wall with the eboue name tag facing the actual wall itslef, gathering dust. :? :)

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

We can keep Mozart and Van Persie, first one as a squad player if we buy another winger (which we would have to do), other would be Van Persie's lack chance to keep fit.

Sell

Jens: He wants to play one last season in Germany so let him, be sad to see him go

Gilberto: Wants to leave, best for his career if we do so, sad to see him go.

Justin: More a maybe then a want him to leave, solid but not good enough, his devotion to the club and I want him and Gavin to play at least one game together for first team holds me back

Squad needs adding, not letting go of those who happy to stay

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

Rosicky and RVP were interesting ones. I agree with TS, if we get a good offer for him, we should consider selling Rosicky. Theres something not right when the medical team cant even predict when he is gonna come back. If we could let go of Henry when he kept breaking down, why not Rosicky.

RVP, ill give him one more season. However I wouldnt want him to play as a striker. I will play him right wing, like he does or did for Holland and did rather well and buy a striker. That way we wont suffer as much if he does get injured again, cause he have back ups in the right side of midfield, in Hleb and even Eboue.

Id keep Eboue and sell Hotye. I think Eboue is a better RB than Hoyte and he could be used on the wing too.

And the rest will be the obvious candidates in Gilberto, Lehmann and loan out Traore.

Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

Defo Gilberto and Jens... :wink:

REB

Post by REB »

eboue
adebayor
rosicky
hleb
rvp
bert
dennilson
hoyte
senderos
lehmann
almunia
are just a couple id slip out but its more important that we get quality in

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

To go:

Goalkeepers: Lehman

Defence: None

Midfield: Diaby, Gilberto, Eboue

Strikers: Adebayor

To Come in:

Goalkeepers: Given, Almunia becomes the back up

Defence: Sylvan Distin, to cover CB and LB as particularly at LB were fucked if Clichy goes out for a period of time

Midfield: Quaresma and Sidney Govou, Rosicky becomes the back up as never fit to be a stick on first choice. Hleb can still play in the hole when needed.

Also 1 from Modric, Alonso, and optimistically Xavi, to rotate with the first choice of Flams and Cesc leaving Denilson as the back up

Strikers: Obafemi Martins and David Villa, leaving RVP as the back up again due to his fitness.

Now out of all the in's who would be most realistic?

If a club of our size couldn't easily sign Given, Martins, Distin, Govou I'd be surprised.

Quaresma, Villa, Modric, would open up some bidding wars with the like of Chelsea and Real Madrid who could gazump us

And Xavi and Alonso? Their clubs would be very hard to persuade to sell in order to strengthen us, but Alonso should be shipped out by Liverpool so you never know.