matchday superstitions?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Stays till the End

matchday superstitions?

Post by Stays till the End »

What are your matchday superstitions?
Do you still do them after we lose?
>
>
I cant sit down until the game has kicked off and the ball is out of the centre circle.

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

I will not step on add numbers of manhole covers and have to step on the evens. Go to the Arsenal fish Bar before every game.

dbrien

Post by dbrien »

last season in our first champions league win, I realised that I had driven past the training ground that day. So, I did this before every champions league game up to the final. However on the day of the final I got stuck in traffic so it was either go past the training ground or miss kick off but my other superstition is that I think we will lose if i miss a kick off so i went home.

Should have gone to the training ground instead! I did it this season but the luck must have been reversed

I am also doing some work at Ashburton and have sneaked in some holy water. I am not very religious but thought it wouldnt do any harm. The fourth corner of the ground was done yesterday so maybe we might now beat Bolton. If we do, please thank me as it will be all my own hard work - its not easy trying to sprinkle water without the others seeing you do it!!

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

I eat chips before every match. Nothing to do with superstition, I'm just a lardy bastard!!

Rilo II

Post by Rilo II »

dbrien cost us the champions league final!

LET'S GET HIM!!!

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

dbrien you numpty. Hope you feel like a complete arse. Next time you get a superstition that works stick with it :wink:

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

last season i used to listen to arsenal songs on CL night, and we got all the way to the final, and i booked the day of the final oso i didnt do it and we lost :roll:

Sorry ladies and gents

dbrien

Post by dbrien »

I know I know I am stupid but as I said my other superstition was always to see the kick off and I was torn between the two. I will take whatever kick in you lot give me. I know you dont know who I am but I am easily spotted sprinkling holy water on non-match days

matty_yooh

Post by matty_yooh »

dbrien wrote:I am also doing some work at Ashburton and have sneaked in some holy water. I am not very religious but thought it wouldnt do any harm. The fourth corner of the ground was done yesterday so maybe we might now beat Bolton. If we do, please thank me as it will be all my own hard work - its not easy trying to sprinkle water without the others seeing you do it!!
performing an Emirates exocism i see-getting rid of all those ghosts of missed chances, wasted corners and generally cleaning after the spuds games

dbrien

Post by dbrien »

ok so i cost us the champions league but at least my holy water antics did the trick today

Rilo II

Post by Rilo II »

good man yourself!

Stays till the End

Post by Stays till the End »

well done! :D
where do you get this holy water from and dont say a church you can't just turn up at a church and ask for a bottle of holy water.
can you?

dbrien

Post by dbrien »

I got it from our lord and master - Arsene Wenger. Not really, I have had it years, my sister bought it in a god shop as she is a god botherer