Who Will Wenger sign???

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who will we sign?

Alonso
5%
Barry
3%
Inler
13%
Inler
13%
M'Bia
No votes
De La Red
3%
Michael Johnson
3%
Cana
3%
Appiah
No votes
Other
5%
No One :(
55%

Total votes: 40

g88ner

Who Will Wenger sign???

Post by g88ner »

Ok, we all know about the frustrations of the summer, and we all know that Wenger likes to keep his cards close to his chest..but after more than 10yrs at the club, can any of us second guess the man?

With 6 days before the transfer window slams shut, we still seem to have a mighty big hole in the centre of our midfield. We've known about this hole since the last game of last season, against Sunderland, and the only midfielders we've brought in to replace Dairra, Flamini and Giberto...are two 17yr old kids. :roll:

Wenger recently said he's looking to bring a midfielder in, yet on Arsenal.com today, we have Wenger suggesting that signing players isn't always the answer :? But, surely sometimes it is, Arsene? :roll:

Anyway...the question is, who - if anyone - will we eventually sign?????

*Not who you want...but who you think Wenger will sign!

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I went for De La Red.

I don't think Barry is even on the radar, and I have huge doubts that Alonso is capable of being the midfield enforcer that Wenger - hopefully - is looking for.

The press seem to have gone cold on the De la Red link, but he seems to be surplus to requirements at Real Madrid, and has experience from his loan at Getafe last season..where his good form got him into the Spanish squad at the Euro Championships.

He seems a Wenger type signing to me, and I think this is the man Wenger will sign...maybe :? :oops:

MizzNaughty

Post by MizzNaughty »

im going for no one... :(

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

I think Johnson looks likely.

But I want Wenger to sign De La Red and Inler.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

He'll sign N'Boombe Mugabe, the 12 year old Tanzanian that will be a world beater in 2018... as fucking usual... :roll: :wink:

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

I think he will sign a few autographs and thats about it :oops: :roll: :oops: :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

MizzNaughty9 wrote:im going for no one... :(

Me too. Then we'll hear the usual bullshit about balancing out the future of our young players and not wanting to stunt their development etc etc :blah: :blah:

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

MizzNaughty9 wrote:im going for no one... :(
I have to agree with the ladeeeeeeeeee on this one, I have lost hope of any quality player arriving this transfer window, or any for that matter :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I would have liked Alonso but I voted no-one :(

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Buy - No-one.

Sell - Everyone.

I'm soooooooooooo depressed.

Drone

Post by Drone »

IM 4 CANA, BUT I BELEIVE HE MIGHT BUY JOHNSON.

the_gooner89

Post by the_gooner89 »

Alonso for me. Fabregas said in a statement that he would love him to come to arsenal. Also i read rafa spoke to Arsene and said to him that he would have to pay 16 plus for him, this was after arsene offered 14 apprently. would be pleased with the alonso signing, it would fill me with a bit more confidence.

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

alonso would be a improvement on what we have got,and i think would keep us in the top 4,but we need a more dynamic midfielder(and 2 new centre backs)(oh and a goalkeeper)if we can think about winning the league.

i think were really gonna struggle away from home this season as we have no bite,i miss flamini :cry:

and i voted no one,cos arsene is a stubborn man :roll:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Lethal wrote:alonso would be a improvement on what we have got,and i think would keep us in the top 4,but we need a more dynamic midfielder(and 2 new centre backs)(oh and a goalkeeper)if we can think about winning the league.

i think were really gonna struggle away from home this season as we have no bite,i miss flamini :cry:

and i voted no one,cos arsene is a stubborn man :roll:
If it is savage bite that we want, psyching out opponents and intimidating the opponents then the man for it is

Cana.

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

cana would be a beautiful signing,if anyone dares fuck with cesc,then cana can deal with em

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

hmm...so 52% of you think no signing will be made. I really hope you're wrong :?