CoronaVirus Latest

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
nut flush gooner
Posts: 3181
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:23 am

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by nut flush gooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:47 am
There are serious concerns in Ireland that there is a trend in new cases of Covid19 being in the under 35 age group. I'm certainly no expert but I would guess there is an element of complacency in that trend.
I saw a group of young lads inside a pub in Dublin I think, sat down with no social distancing enjoying a pint.

COVID19 is definitely a different virus to different people, and like the US I expect all of these countries easing lockdown to go back to harsher measures as we move into the autumn. As a collective, we won't beat this disease until people start thinking beyond their own personal lives and that's why the Dominic Cummings fiasco has caused so much damage in this country. People just don't care if they are under 40.

User avatar
GoonerMuzz
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:53 pm
Location: Defending is optional

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by GoonerMuzz »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:15 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:47 am
There are serious concerns in Ireland that there is a trend in new cases of Covid19 being in the under 35 age group. I'm certainly no expert but I would guess there is an element of complacency in that trend.
I saw a group of young lads inside a pub in Dublin I think, sat down with no social distancing enjoying a pint.

COVID19 is definitely a different virus to different people, and like the US I expect all of these countries easing lockdown to go back to harsher measures as we move into the autumn. As a collective, we won't beat this disease until people start thinking beyond their own personal lives and that's why the Dominic Cummings fiasco has caused so much damage in this country. People just don't care if they are under 40.
You really think the Dominic Cummings affair had that big effect on people, personally I blame the media for even reporting it in the first place, they sat on it for a month then reported it just as discussions on how lockdown was to be eased so it caused the biggest amount of shit possible with no thought for the consequences, real responsible journalism by the Guardian and the Mirror et al :roll:

The portion of the young acting the way they are now are a bunch of fuckwits who look at all things only with reference to how it effects them, but look back at the scenes from Victimland and you will see plenty of middle age and older fuckwits out enjoying themselves as well with no thought to who might die from their actions........ welcome to the 'real' world that social liberalism has spawned in this country, no responsibility - it's all the governments fault, no belief - doubt everything that your told unless it comes from the Guardian or BBC, someone else's problem - if I fuck up I can blame everyone else...... 21st Century Western values :banghead:

Clash
Posts: 2583
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:46 pm

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Clash »

A British Public Information Film on the threat of Coronavirus, released in the 1970s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q7HkxNhnXA

User avatar
goonertux
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:02 pm

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by goonertux »

Clash wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:02 pm
A British Public Information Film on the threat of Coronavirus, released in the 1970s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q7HkxNhnXA
Wow! Scary to think they knew so much about it 50 years ago! :shock: :wink:

nut flush gooner
Posts: 3181
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:23 am

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by nut flush gooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:19 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:15 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:47 am
There are serious concerns in Ireland that there is a trend in new cases of Covid19 being in the under 35 age group. I'm certainly no expert but I would guess there is an element of complacency in that trend.
I saw a group of young lads inside a pub in Dublin I think, sat down with no social distancing enjoying a pint.

COVID19 is definitely a different virus to different people, and like the US I expect all of these countries easing lockdown to go back to harsher measures as we move into the autumn. As a collective, we won't beat this disease until people start thinking beyond their own personal lives and that's why the Dominic Cummings fiasco has caused so much damage in this country. People just don't care if they are under 40.
You really think the Dominic Cummings affair had that big effect on people, personally I blame the media for even reporting it in the first place, they sat on it for a month then reported it just as discussions on how lockdown was to be eased so it caused the biggest amount of shit possible with no thought for the consequences, real responsible journalism by the Guardian and the Mirror et al :roll:

The portion of the young acting the way they are now are a bunch of fuckwits who look at all things only with reference to how it effects them, but look back at the scenes from Victimland and you will see plenty of middle age and older fuckwits out enjoying themselves as well with no thought to who might die from their actions........ welcome to the 'real' world that social liberalism has spawned in this country, no responsibility - it's all the governments fault, no belief - doubt everything that your told unless it comes from the Guardian or BBC, someone else's problem - if I fuck up I can blame everyone else...... 21st Century Western values :banghead:
It did big time. A lot of people who I know that have mildly broken the lockdown rules over the last 2 months have cited if it's good enough for him. My neighbour is 84 and she hasn't shielded at all, specifically referring to Cummings when I asked her why she didn't follow the official guidance.

The reality is though and I do accept lockdown fatigue would have got more people breaking the rules anyway, but Cummings made sure that happened sooner rather than later.

With regards to the scousers, no doubt there will be a public enquiry that costs millions of pounds looking into why hundreds of them died as a consequence of not observing social distancing last weekend. Of course, they were the victims its never their fault.

LeftfootlegendGooner
Posts: 8413
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:03 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:19 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:15 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:47 am
There are serious concerns in Ireland that there is a trend in new cases of Covid19 being in the under 35 age group. I'm certainly no expert but I would guess there is an element of complacency in that trend.
I saw a group of young lads inside a pub in Dublin I think, sat down with no social distancing enjoying a pint.

COVID19 is definitely a different virus to different people, and like the US I expect all of these countries easing lockdown to go back to harsher measures as we move into the autumn. As a collective, we won't beat this disease until people start thinking beyond their own personal lives and that's why the Dominic Cummings fiasco has caused so much damage in this country. People just don't care if they are under 40.
You really think the Dominic Cummings affair had that big effect on people, personally I blame the media for even reporting it in the first place, they sat on it for a month then reported it just as discussions on how lockdown was to be eased so it caused the biggest amount of shit possible with no thought for the consequences, real responsible journalism by the Guardian and the Mirror et al :roll:

The portion of the young acting the way they are now are a bunch of fuckwits who look at all things only with reference to how it effects them, but look back at the scenes from Victimland and you will see plenty of middle age and older fuckwits out enjoying themselves as well with no thought to who might die from their actions........ welcome to the 'real' world that social liberalism has spawned in this country, no responsibility - it's all the governments fault, no belief - doubt everything that your told unless it comes from the Guardian or BBC, someone else's problem - if I fuck up I can blame everyone else...... 21st Century Western values :banghead:
It did big time. A lot of people who I know that have mildly broken the lockdown rules over the last 2 months have cited if it's good enough for him. My neighbour is 84 and she hasn't shielded at all, specifically referring to Cummings when I asked her why she didn't follow the official guidance.

The reality is though and I do accept lockdown fatigue would have got more people breaking the rules anyway, but Cummings made sure that happened sooner rather than later.

With regards to the scousers, no doubt there will be a public enquiry that costs millions of pounds looking into why hundreds of them died as a consequence of not observing social distancing last weekend. Of course, they were the victims its never their fault.
If your so called friends (and I doubt you have many) decided to mix with people on the account of a parliamentary person breaking lockdown rules then I seriously pray that they do not procreate.

Heres the conversation of a bunch of retards

"This virus is killing people isn't it"
"Yes"
"Should we refrain from mingling"
"Yes"
"But I heard that some politician broke the rules and that means I'm safe to mingle also, doesn't it?"
"No"
"But why?"
"Well because if you saw someone jump off a cliff knowing full well it would kill you, would you copy them?"
"Ummm, I'm not sure"
"Then please funkin jump"

Ffs and some here profess themselves as intellectuals :roll: :lol:

nut flush gooner
Posts: 3181
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:23 am

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by nut flush gooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:18 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:03 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:19 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:15 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:47 am
There are serious concerns in Ireland that there is a trend in new cases of Covid19 being in the under 35 age group. I'm certainly no expert but I would guess there is an element of complacency in that trend.
I saw a group of young lads inside a pub in Dublin I think, sat down with no social distancing enjoying a pint.

COVID19 is definitely a different virus to different people, and like the US I expect all of these countries easing lockdown to go back to harsher measures as we move into the autumn. As a collective, we won't beat this disease until people start thinking beyond their own personal lives and that's why the Dominic Cummings fiasco has caused so much damage in this country. People just don't care if they are under 40.
You really think the Dominic Cummings affair had that big effect on people, personally I blame the media for even reporting it in the first place, they sat on it for a month then reported it just as discussions on how lockdown was to be eased so it caused the biggest amount of shit possible with no thought for the consequences, real responsible journalism by the Guardian and the Mirror et al :roll:

The portion of the young acting the way they are now are a bunch of fuckwits who look at all things only with reference to how it effects them, but look back at the scenes from Victimland and you will see plenty of middle age and older fuckwits out enjoying themselves as well with no thought to who might die from their actions........ welcome to the 'real' world that social liberalism has spawned in this country, no responsibility - it's all the governments fault, no belief - doubt everything that your told unless it comes from the Guardian or BBC, someone else's problem - if I fuck up I can blame everyone else...... 21st Century Western values :banghead:
It did big time. A lot of people who I know that have mildly broken the lockdown rules over the last 2 months have cited if it's good enough for him. My neighbour is 84 and she hasn't shielded at all, specifically referring to Cummings when I asked her why she didn't follow the official guidance.

The reality is though and I do accept lockdown fatigue would have got more people breaking the rules anyway, but Cummings made sure that happened sooner rather than later.

With regards to the scousers, no doubt there will be a public enquiry that costs millions of pounds looking into why hundreds of them died as a consequence of not observing social distancing last weekend. Of course, they were the victims its never their fault.
If your so called friends (and I doubt you have many) decided to mix with people on the account of a parliamentary person breaking lockdown rules then I seriously pray that they do not procreate.

Heres the conversation of a bunch of retards

"This virus is killing people isn't it"
"Yes"
"Should we refrain from mingling"
"Yes"
"But I heard that some politician broke the rules and that means I'm safe to mingle also, doesn't it?"
"No"
"But why?"
"Well because if you saw someone jump off a cliff knowing full well it would kill you, would you copy them?"
"Ummm, I'm not sure"
"Then please funkin jump"

Ffs and some here profess themselves as intellectuals :roll: :lol:
There's a context and I think you are going just a tad OTT.

Meeting family in someones back garden when you haven't seen them for weeks/months is pushing the spirit of social distancing, but as the government and the scientists have pointed out its far less risk than going to an indoor environment. Especially when the back garden is over 100ft long. I get the feeling they did some risk assessment when they decided to meet up.

I am more concerned about a 84 year old head strong widow who has basically done what she wants and cited Cummings as an excuse. But good luck trying to tell a church going afro carribean that she should do otherwise.

User avatar
the playing mantis
Posts: 2550
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:36 pm
Location: EX

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by the playing mantis »

NFG, most people haven't the faintest idea who cummings is ffs.



you're banging a political drum.

regardless cummings didnt break lockdown to party, go to the beach, mix with hundreds of people, protest for tenous reasons etc. he broke lockdown in the same way loads already were, driving in a self contained bubble.

its like saying someone dripped a bit of p on the toilet seat as they were shaking off so its ok for me to crimp one off on the bathroom mat.

people who use the cummings excuse like your apocryphal neighbour, would have found any excuse regardless, had the media not gone big on him, they would have used the many labour rule breakers, had the media gone big on them, which they didnt for some curious reason...

User avatar
GoonerMuzz
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:53 pm
Location: Defending is optional

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by GoonerMuzz »

As I said it all comes down to personal responsibility, those who used a minor government official as an excuse are a bunch of fuckwits. The fact the media made hay out of it a month after the fact shows they are utterly irresponsible and totally contemptuous of public safety.

It's funny that the supposed intellectual middle classes, you know the intelligent ones who are supposed to be 'better' than the working classes are the ones who have less understanding of real social responsibility, they have done nothing but shit stir since the start of this crisis deliberately attempting to make an already shit situation worse for the sake of their political beliefs.

Scientists, Doctors, Politicians, Media, the Judiciary, Faith leaders, Business leaders and so on all should have been pulling in one direction to get the country through this crisis but instead many of them have done everything they can to undermine the elected Government. I dont like this government, then again I dont like any of them, but this crisis and the deaths it has caused should have superceded all personal spite and disagreement but instead it has shown the utter contempt the people leading the country in all walks of life have for the nation as a whole, people who would rather make a point than save lives :banghead:

Utterly contemptible bunch of *word censored* and I put the media at the top of that list!!!!!

Jock Gooner
Posts: 2685
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:53 am

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Jock Gooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:18 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:03 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:19 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:15 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:47 am
There are serious concerns in Ireland that there is a trend in new cases of Covid19 being in the under 35 age group. I'm certainly no expert but I would guess there is an element of complacency in that trend.
I saw a group of young lads inside a pub in Dublin I think, sat down with no social distancing enjoying a pint.

COVID19 is definitely a different virus to different people, and like the US I expect all of these countries easing lockdown to go back to harsher measures as we move into the autumn. As a collective, we won't beat this disease until people start thinking beyond their own personal lives and that's why the Dominic Cummings fiasco has caused so much damage in this country. People just don't care if they are under 40.
You really think the Dominic Cummings affair had that big effect on people, personally I blame the media for even reporting it in the first place, they sat on it for a month then reported it just as discussions on how lockdown was to be eased so it caused the biggest amount of shit possible with no thought for the consequences, real responsible journalism by the Guardian and the Mirror et al :roll:

The portion of the young acting the way they are now are a bunch of fuckwits who look at all things only with reference to how it effects them, but look back at the scenes from Victimland and you will see plenty of middle age and older fuckwits out enjoying themselves as well with no thought to who might die from their actions........ welcome to the 'real' world that social liberalism has spawned in this country, no responsibility - it's all the governments fault, no belief - doubt everything that your told unless it comes from the Guardian or BBC, someone else's problem - if I fuck up I can blame everyone else...... 21st Century Western values :banghead:
It did big time. A lot of people who I know that have mildly broken the lockdown rules over the last 2 months have cited if it's good enough for him. My neighbour is 84 and she hasn't shielded at all, specifically referring to Cummings when I asked her why she didn't follow the official guidance.

The reality is though and I do accept lockdown fatigue would have got more people breaking the rules anyway, but Cummings made sure that happened sooner rather than later.

With regards to the scousers, no doubt there will be a public enquiry that costs millions of pounds looking into why hundreds of them died as a consequence of not observing social distancing last weekend. Of course, they were the victims its never their fault.
If your so called friends (and I doubt you have many) decided to mix with people on the account of a parliamentary person breaking lockdown rules then I seriously pray that they do not procreate.

Heres the conversation of a bunch of retards

"This virus is killing people isn't it"
"Yes"
"Should we refrain from mingling"
"Yes"
"But I heard that some politician broke the rules and that means I'm safe to mingle also, doesn't it?"
"No"
"But why?"
"Well because if you saw someone jump off a cliff knowing full well it would kill you, would you copy them?"
"Ummm, I'm not sure"
"Then please funkin jump"

Ffs and some here profess themselves as intellectuals :roll: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

User avatar
Herd
Posts: 6208
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:00 am

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Herd »

The scenes in Liverpool were worse than reported ,they battled with the ob for hours ,but of course its largely been ignored ,there was also a turn out with Evertonians too . But they weren't to blame as Chelsea headhunters were clearly to blame ! But if they were all scousers and they stay there it will be less of a threat ,my worry is that loads of plastic scousers flooded in to the area and then go spread it nationawide .
To be honest though if that were us people would be all over Islington too and in bigger numbers !
As for covid spreading its bound to put a spike in it but at the end of the day its up to the individual what risks they take and will be going forward .
The lockdown has been more or less optional with loads of loopholes ,its been a farce !
The 1 metre rule is a joke and based only on pressure from the f+b trade , so its up to you what risks you are prepared to take .
I've been pretty good and carry masks and sanitisers everywhere I go and I haven't mixed much except for close family ,I will continue with this as I think the next wave will be upon us real soon !
Stay safe lads !

nut flush gooner
Posts: 3181
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:23 am

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by nut flush gooner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:52 am
NFG, most people haven't the faintest idea who cummings is ffs.



you're banging a political drum.

regardless cummings didnt break lockdown to party, go to the beach, mix with hundreds of people, protest for tenous reasons etc. he broke lockdown in the same way loads already were, driving in a self contained bubble.

its like saying someone dripped a bit of p on the toilet seat as they were shaking off so its ok for me to crimp one off on the bathroom mat.

people who use the cummings excuse like your apocryphal neighbour, would have found any excuse regardless, had the media not gone big on him, they would have used the many labour rule breakers, had the media gone big on them, which they didnt for some curious reason...
Herd, Cummings appeared on primetime TV to explain his actions so I doubt that people haven't heard about him.

Love the use of the word apocryphal, almost Cantona Esque.

:D :D

Andrew Cunningham So if you live in Leicester, quick, head for chez Cummings, as that sort of travel is entirely fine
44
Hide or report this
Like
· Reply · 20h
Kathleen Miller
Kathleen Miller Andrew Cunningham only if you have a child with a disability
3
Hide or report this
Like
· Reply · 20h

And as an edit, ^^ is a paste of the government FB page instructing how the citizens of Leicester should observe an extended and more severe lockdown.

nut flush gooner
Posts: 3181
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:23 am

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by nut flush gooner »

If ever there was a reason to hate Donald Trump, his directive this week to hoard supplies of Remdesivir for the next three months denying all other parts of the world access to the drug just about sums up today's insular populist world.

The funny thing is we have developed a treatment in the UK using a drug Mexadethasone, that is far more effective than Remdesivir and it's proven to save lives. And it only costs £5 per course versus thousands for Remdesivir. The only problem is you have to be in a life threatening situation for it to have any effect, it won't stop you from getting seriously ill in the first place.

When we develop a vaccine from what I understand we will easily be able to satisfy domestic demand, after that, I really hope that we look after countries that need it and stick two fingers up at the US. The same goes for any trade deal that involves their pharma companies trying to exploit the NHS with their expensive treatments.

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 16850
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by SteveO 35 »

Genuinely fearful for what this weekend could bring in terms of a second spike - one only needs to look across the pond at all the parties at the end of May to understand why hospitalizations have soared again and the rate of infections are more than double what they were a few weeks ago

I hope all of those who just say "open everything up" feel it was all worth a paddle in the sea, a pint in the pub and a chicken tikka massala when their parents or grandparents are on a ventilator and they're unable to visit them

All feels too soon for me. The scientists were predicting that the first date when we would declare zero deaths from coronavirus would have been the 31 July.

Surely we all could have waited an extra couple of months. In the scheme of the worst recession in living memory and the worst pandemic for 100 years would two months more without a haircut or a pint in a pub really be such a drama? Most of the accumulated debt will be written off anyway......

nut flush gooner
Posts: 3181
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:23 am

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by nut flush gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:42 am
Genuinely fearful for what this weekend could bring in terms of a second spike - one only needs to look across the pond at all the parties at the end of May to understand why hospitalizations have soared again and the rate of infections are more than double what they were a few weeks ago

I hope all of those who just say "open everything up" feel it was all worth a paddle in the sea, a pint in the pub and a chicken tikka massala when their parents or grandparents are on a ventilator and they're unable to visit them

All feels too soon for me. The scientists were predicting that the first date when we would declare zero deaths from coronavirus would have been the 31 July.

Surely we all could have waited an extra couple of months. In the scheme of the worst recession in living memory and the worst pandemic for 100 years would two months more without a haircut or a pint in a pub really be such a drama? Most of the accumulated debt will be written off anyway......
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53271605

Seems like one of the best boozers near the Emirates agrees with you mate. I won't be going near a pub for a long time because of a health condition but even if I was younger and healthy I still wouldn't sit in a pub, knowing that even if I don't get ill I could make someone else in my family/friends very sick.

Post Reply