Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Unai Emery

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:19 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:20 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:17 pm
Don't go round saying we should not have sacked Emery. Look at Villarreal's league position?
He achieved exactly the same with The Arsenal. Drawn as many games as won, will finish 7th/ 8th and got to the Europa League final. That is fine for a club like Villarreal, but not for a club as big as ours.
Yeah..
Much rather finish 9th or 10th and have no European football of any kind under this helmet
FFS Stevo, both are shite, with hindsight Arteta is the worse of the two, but that doesnt make Emery any less pathetic and shite,
Neither were good enough, simple as that.

My thought process has remained consistant when talking about the likes of guendouzi, and I would apply the same here - fine get rid or emery if you think that is the right thing to do, but it is only the right thing to do if you then appoint a better manager in his place, and clearly we havent done that. I absolutely agree that emery still isnt good enough for a club of our size, but in hindsight would many of those who advocated his sacking, not prefer to have kept him for a while longer before looking for a new manager ?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

HAS HE GONE YET?

HAS HE COME BACK YET?

:mrgreen:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:34 am
goonersid wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Don't go round saying we should not have sacked Emery. Look at Villarreal's league position?
He achieved exactly the same with The Arsenal. Drawn as many games as won, will finish 7th/ 8th and got to the Europa League final. That is fine for a club like Villarreal, but not for a club as big as ours.
Yeah..
Much rather finish 9th or 10th and have no European football of any kind under this helmet
FFS Stevo, both are shite, with hindsight Arteta is the worse of the two, but that doesnt make Emery any less pathetic and shite,
No hindsight from my perspective. One has a proven track record of winning trophies and turning midtable teams into top 4 clubs in Spain. The other says a few nice things, looks the part, put Pep's cones out and duped the c.unts who run our club......and has NO track record. Not even close for me who I'd prefer out of the two.

In a head to head battle over two legs it was perfectly clear to anyone with half a brain who the better coach was - and it wasn't the one with the bigger wage bill, transfer budget or squad. It was the one managing the 7th best club in Spain

Not holding him up to be some modern day managerial great, but he is superior to Arteta in every way and so it has proved

Anyway, the key now is getting someone better than the pair of them, but I'll be fucked if I trust our board to do that mate. We're stuck with this c.unt next season, trust me on that, until our PL status looks under threat and then there might be a change
So basically, his defence is his success elsewhere?
Emery is no doubt more experienced, but he showed a real lack authority and an inability to manage individuals, from the captaincy popularity vote to ozil playing him for a fool!
He was ultimately the master of his own downfall.
Any suggestion of injustice at his sacking is ludicrous, we may not have got his successor right, but that's neither here nor there.
Arteta will ultimately be judged as more successful, having actually won something.
Dick will continue to move around spain winning the odd cup and taking teams a few places up the table, before moving on after 3 or 4 seasons.
Trust me however! Arteta won't be here next season unless we win all our remaining games.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:58 am
goonersid wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Yeah..

My thought process has remained consistant when talking about the likes of guendouzi, and I would apply the same here - fine get rid or emery if you think that is the right thing to do, but it is only the right thing to do if you then appoint a better manager in his place, and clearly we havent done that. I absolutely agree that emery still isnt good enough for a club of our size, but in hindsight would many of those who advocated his sacking, not prefer to have kept him for a while longer before looking for a new manager ?
No Augie! The fact Arteta proved to be shite is no justification, with hindsight or whatever for persisting with a manager whose loss of control was spiralling out of control.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

I'm with Sid here.

Emery was dismissed because at that moment in time it was the correct decision. You can't point to Arteta's appointment and the subsequent shitfest as getting the wrong man in to replace him as that's based solely on hindsight.

Many of us didn't want Arteta and had doubts over his credentials and abilities but things could just as easily turned out OK. At that time we didn't know for certain!

Unai Emery wasn't the correct appointment ultimately and Arteta has proven to be even less so.

Despite what we had to endure for the last few seasons under Wenger I'd even ask are either any better than the French Fraud in his last days. At least we were still flat track bullies and enjoyed a few wins under him. :shock: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I'd love to see Unai turn over the plastic Mancs in the final, and I'm not as convinced as some of you that it's going to be some sort of landslide

The Mancs are still flaky on the big occasion - something that Keano has pointed out several times this season. They freeze up a bit and have quite a few 0-0, 0-1 type results. I don't think Villareal are world beaters but they were well organised and its no coincidence that only them and the plastics haven't lost a game in the competition.

Man Ure should piss it of course based on squad and resources, but then we should have too.

I think it will take another 2 or 3 failed managers before people will realise that the Emery era wasn't anywhere near as bad as it has been made out to be. His captaincy vote decision was baffling and if he played a key role in Xhaka's extended contract then that is also unforgivable and a massive black mark against his name. Also, if we were considering Allegri, Conte or Simeone as manager, he wouldn't even make the cut. However in a mid-table age when we're back scratching around for modern day Bruce Riochs, I think people will come to realise we had a better coach than they gave him credit for. We are more of an Eddie Howe club than a Max Allegri club - that's the truth

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Yeah..
Yes, for one season only. Qualifying for Europe just kept throwing the blanket over the big problems at the club. 25 season's in Europe achieved fuck all!
I take it as a blessing. If I remember you said you'd take a season of not qualifying for Europe if it meant getting rid of Wenger and some of the shit he signed?
Well, finally achieved it. Hopefully, the rest of the Wenger players will now leave, and we can start a new era.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:15 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Yeah..
Yes, for one season only. Qualifying for Europe just kept throwing the blanket over the big problems at the club. 25 season's in Europe achieved fuck all!
I take it as a blessing. If I remember you said you'd take a season of not qualifying for Europe if it meant getting rid of Wenger and some of the shit he signed?
Well, finally achieved it. Hopefully, the rest of the Wenger players will now leave, and we can start a new era.
If that new era is under this c.unt you'll be enjoying it at Luton and Coventry my friend

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clummo99 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:30 am
I'm with Sid here.

Emery was dismissed because at that moment in time it was the correct decision. You can't point to Arteta's appointment and the subsequent shitfest as getting the wrong man in to replace him as that's based solely on hindsight.

Many of us didn't want Arteta and had doubts over his credentials and abilities but things could just as easily turned out OK. At that time we didn't know for certain!

Unai Emery wasn't the correct appointment ultimately and Arteta has proven to be even less so.

Despite what we had to endure for the last few seasons under Wenger I'd even ask are either any better than the French Fraud in his last days. At least we were still flat track bullies and enjoyed a few wins under him. :shock: :lol:

We had a ShitFest under Wenger for his last 10 years - excepting for fluke FA Cup Successes.

We had a ShitFest under Emery

We have a ShitFest under Captain Black...

3 ShitFests in a Row! - Do we get some kind of trophy for 3 in a row???

ShitFest!

ShitFest!

ShitFest!

That's Now The Arsenal Way!!!!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

:suicide:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I hope UTD beat 6 shades of shite out of Emery's team in the final.
Otherwise there will be calls on here for a statue of the fucker outside the emirates :roll:
A "living martyr"
Once and for all!! He was an incompetent, cowardly and clueless fool!!
The fact that Arteta is worse is irrelevant!! :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:30 pm
Otherwise there will be calls on here for a statue of the fucker outside the emirates :roll:
A "living martyr"
I honestly don't know how you could cheer on manure against anyone with the obvious exceptions of the scum, the victims*, the murdering wet sham filth, and the chav. :|

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 5:19 pm
goonersid wrote:
A "living martyr"
I honestly don't know how you could cheer on manure against anyone with the obvious exceptions of the scum, the victims*, the murdering wet sham filth, and the chav. :|
^^^ This ^^^

FFS Sid whatever you're smoking I'll have some. That is so WRONG mate. :(

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
goonersid wrote:
A "living martyr"
Yeah, I certainly won’t be watching it but I’d still prefer Villarreal win. Don’t really give a shit though; my enthusiasm for football is at an all time low.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonersid wrote:
A "living martyr"
Your rants do make me laugh sometimes Sid :D

I don't think anyone (including me or augie) will be declaring him some sort of super hero if he wins this, but given the choice between a decent fella managing a team I have little opinion on, against our main rivals of the late 90s and early 00s there is no competition! I hope the little goblin and his bunch of c.unts are the ones in tears at the end !

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:
goonersid wrote:
A "living martyr"
The only thing footie related that is fucking me off more than Arteta, is the lingering stench of regret, longing and absolute mythical shite about emery!
Stevo, lad, you will be on here championing him if they beat utd!
Augie will have a hard on!
And I will be over a fucking bridge!
I hope the chavs beat citeh too :box: