Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
44%

Total votes: 100

Clummo99

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by Clummo99 »

augie wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 6:03 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:13 pm
And I keep saying that you can only offload a player if another club wants them. If a sale can't be agreed for whatever reason then a loan is the next best option.

Nobody listens to me though. :roll: :lol:

My point remains though, that pep's cone boy is pointing the finger at the club and previous managers claiming that a clear out hasnt been had in years, when the reality is that there was a big clear out under emery, and he has cleared out fcuk all. Keown had a pop pre-match about arteta refusing to accept responsibility for this malaise, and this clearout dig is another example of that imo
But Augie my point is you can't clear out what nobody wants unless you pay up all the contracts.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

If we had a decent manager we would have been top 4 easy this season

augie

Post by augie »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 7:59 pm
augie wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
And I keep saying that you can only offload a player if another club wants them. If a sale can't be agreed for whatever reason then a loan is the next best option.

My point remains though, that pep's cone boy is pointing the finger at the club and previous managers claiming that a clear out hasnt been had in years, when the reality is that there was a big clear out under emery, and he has cleared out fcuk all. Keown had a pop pre-match about arteta refusing to accept responsibility for this malaise, and this clearout dig is another example of that imo
But Augie my point is you can't clear out what nobody wants unless you pay up all the contracts.

I know that - again I am merely pointing out that emery did have a clear out where he got rid of a lot of shit, and that totally contradicts what pep's cone boy claims when he said that the club hasnt had a clean out for years

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

augie wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 8:38 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
augie wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

I know that - again I am merely pointing out that emery did have a clear out where he got rid of a lot of shit, and that totally contradicts what pep's cone boy claims when he said that the club hasnt had a clean out for years
My apologies mate, I obviously misunderstood. I thought you was referring to Arteta himself not clearing out the shite.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

I'm a little confused who did emery clean out ,only 1 I can think of is Ramsey,did he get rid of iwobi and Walcott too ?

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

I do hope we make our signings early...
None of this deadline day nonsense

Will we be raiding Norwich for 2 players? Has anyone seen a lot of Buendia and Aarons?

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Thynker wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 10:27 pm
I do hope we make our signings early...
None of this deadline day nonsense

Will we be raiding Norwich for 2 players? Has anyone seen a lot of Buendia and Aarons?
Norwich just got promoted so, unless their contracts are running down, they'll surely have zero desire to sell their best players.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
augie wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

:? What shit exactly did Dicko get shot of?
They were all at the end of their contracts and hadn't been offered new ones!
Apart of course from Ramsey, who Dicko, on his appointment as manager, was going to build his team around him, only for him to be "got shot of" before a ball was kicked!
Arteta is a shit coach, but he did get rid of an awful lot of shite and trouble!

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 9:35 pm
I'm a little confused who did emery clean out ,only 1 I can think of is Ramsey,did he get rid of iwobi and Walcott too ?

Monreal, lard arse iwobi, the armenian pussy, koscielney, jenkinson, ospina, wellshit, joel campbell, lucas perez and a load of reserve players

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:35 am
augie wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
augie wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

Apart of course from Ramsey, who Dicko, on his appointment as manager, was going to build his team around him, only for him to be "got shot of" before a ball was kicked!
Arteta is a shit coach, but he did get rid of an awful lot of shite and trouble!

Really ? Who would that be then ? Ozil who he himself had brought back in from the wilderness ? Mustafi I will grant you, but the fat bosnian will be back in a few weeks so I dunno who he got shot of :?

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 7:37 am
goonersid wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:35 am
augie wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
augie wrote:

Really ? Who would that be then ? Ozil who he himself had brought back in from the wilderness ? Mustafi I will grant you, but the fat bosnian will be back in a few weeks so I dunno who he got shot of :?
Guendopey, Torreira, sokratis?
Ozil was hardly brought back from wilderness, Dicko was playing him every other week, because he was training well!
Arteta gave him basically 1 chance then ditched him!
As for Koscielny? I think you'll find it was he who ditched Arsenal!
I know some players are only out on loan, that's because they're too shite to sell.
Augie, what fucks me off is reading any praise for Emery, he won fuck all, was weak and had started telling us we played well, when we could all see we were shite.
He oversaw the most humiliating final in our history, sat there bamboozled!
Comparing the 2 is comparing like with like!
Holy fuck, if the next appointment is worse again, we will have another "myth" on our hands in Arteta!
We need to move on and put these 2 sad bastards behind us!!

augie

Post by augie »

Sid this isnt a piece talking up emery's managerial skills - I responded to arteta's moan about the club not having a clear out in years, and pointed out how many left in emery's reign. You claimed that arteta has got rid of loads of players, but yet could only name 3 and 3 more that are due back into the club shortly.
Nobody here will dispute the fact that the french cock accumulated a shit load of sub standard players, and as clummo points out, it is hard to get rid of them if no-one wants them - some are still here but a lot left during emery's reign whether by choice or because the club or manager got rid. No matter how or why they were shipped out, the reality remains that a load of players left during emery's reign which totally contradicts arteta's saying that we havent had a clear out in years

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

arrgee wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 10:35 pm
wilson2.0 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 10:03 am
Outside of ESR, Tierney, Saka, Martinelli, Pepe, Partey, Gabriel every other players is far go to sell and replace....

I simply have no faith in this club. My expectation for the next three years is to hover between 6th-12th without ever threatening to push the top 4.
You should have stopped at Martinelli. :) Partey has been hopeless, Pepe has improved, but he is not a £70 million player and Gabriel has been poor since he got Covid.

I think 6th is pushing it. Dirty Leeds and Villa seem to be better teams, and Arsenal are more on a par with Palace and Newcastle. Wolves will probably be better. With Captain Black in charge, 10th - 15th is the realistic expectation.
Your wrong about Pepe. In Pepe we have a player who just needs to 'click' to turn into a top player. He really should be aiming for 15 league goals and 20 in all competitions as that is certainly in his abilities. He would improve with better players around him and a better manager.

augie

Post by augie »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:03 am
arrgee wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 10:35 pm
wilson2.0 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 10:03 am
Outside of ESR, Tierney, Saka, Martinelli, Pepe, Partey, Gabriel every other players is far go to sell and replace....

I simply have no faith in this club. My expectation for the next three years is to hover between 6th-12th without ever threatening to push the top 4.
You should have stopped at Martinelli. :) Partey has been hopeless, Pepe has improved, but he is not a £70 million player and Gabriel has been poor since he got Covid.

I think 6th is pushing it. Dirty Leeds and Villa seem to be better teams, and Arsenal are more on a par with Palace and Newcastle. Wolves will probably be better. With Captain Black in charge, 10th - 15th is the realistic expectation.
Your wrong about Pepe. In Pepe we have a player who just needs to 'click' to turn into a top player. He really should be aiming for 15 league goals and 20 in all competitions as that is certainly in his abilities. He would improve with better players around him and a better manager.

I'm not a pepe hater by any means because he has improved, but christ you are getting carried away there - any left back worth a shit shows him down the line onto his right foot cos he is horrendous on his right foot. He is the most one footed player I can remember for a long time

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Pepe wouldn't get a look in if he had to play up against Tierney.

Make Tierney captain!