ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

StuartL wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:54 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:43 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:13 am
The Athletic understands Arsenal intend to make several significant additions to their first team squad during this window, with any resources allocated to squad-building likely to be supplemented by revenue from player sales. [@TheAthleticUK] #afc
I love that phrase ''intend to." It means absolutely nothing. I could sit here and say I intend to have a nightly threesome with Helena Christensen and Heidi Klum but, realistically, it's probably not going to happen, is it?
Happy to stand in for you, if you have any clash of appointments mate. :wink:

Also
The Athletic “understands” ie, no source, so a guess, like everybody else, and what a surprise that any resources “likely” to be supplemented from player sales :shock: :rubchin:

My god - the yts lad / girl / gender neutral that identifies as a rich tea biscuit could have written that .
I do appreciate that, I really do. It is, after all, the clashing of long-arranged appointments that prevent the nightly supermodel three-step.
As for the rest of it, fucking hell, remember the days when we used to laugh at made-up transfer stories in The Sun or the Daily Star? At least they were once a day rather than once every five minutes as fucking Twitter and whatever else seem to churn out.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:14 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:05 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:49 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:31 pm
Whoosh :lol:
Whoosh right back at ya McD.

I was deliberately being facetious but obviously my humour is too advanced for some. :wink:

Or just not that funny?
:lol:

You had me confused once I got to facetious :lol:,may I suggest an emoticon at the end of your post,maybe a smiley face to tip us off,of the humour about to descend upon us. 8) :lol:

PS don't go overboard with the emoticons though like some of our other posters who seem to overdo it with them, to try and seem some what funny :wink:
Pretty sure if you look I did infact add two laughing emoji's so there!! :lol: :box:

I blame the quote towers 8)

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Is it just me or do Roma seem to be lowering their bids each time instead of going up? Sort of like one of those reverse auctions. :x

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:42 pm
Is it just me or do Roma seem to be lowering their bids each time instead of going up? Sort of like one of those reverse auctions. :x
It's a homage to our transfer policy over the last 20 years. Gradually getting weaker and weaker. They probably think we appreciate the sentiment.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Probably after every time their transfer team look at the Clive thread

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:53 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
It's a homage to our transfer policy over the last 20 years. Gradually getting weaker and weaker. They probably think we appreciate the sentiment.
Who was the keeper we wanted as back up, offered £500,000 and were told to come back with a higher offer - and a week or so later we offered £500,000 again ?

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

StuartL wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:34 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Who was the keeper we wanted as back up, offered £500,000 and were told to come back with a higher offer - and a week or so later we offered £500,000 again ?
Schwarzer.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:49 pm
StuartL wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:34 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Schwarzer.
Yes, that’s the one ☝️

:lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Who can ever forget wenger making an offer for Suarez for £50million (?) Plus £1.

That was so embarrassing :oops:

Mind you the scousers did have to think about it, I mean £1 IS £1. :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

.@DeanJonesSoccer: "Arsenal, from what I told want to sign at least 4, hopefully 5 players. And they're not players that just come into the squad. They are players that are competing for the first 11. I think they'll have a bigger budget than most expect them to." [@TFTerrace]

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:15 pm
.@DeanJonesSoccer: "Arsenal, from what I told want to sign at least 4, hopefully 5 players. And they're not players that just come into the squad. They are players that are competing for the first 11. I think they'll have a bigger budget than most expect them to." [@TFTerrace]
Well most expected us to have a budget of about £1.50 so we'll probably spend a fiver, I'm sure City, Chavski and co. are quaking in their boots.

:roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

James Maddison tops Arsenal's transfer wishlist with their main target Martin Odegaard returning to Real Madrid... but Gunners will have to stump up a big fee after Leicester rejected £70m bid for him last summer. [@MailSport @TomCollomosse]

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

You can see the pattern of what is happening now.

“We want Odegaard… (he has no interest and returns to Madrid.

“We want Maddison”… (he won’t go for less than £50m-£70m so we will say we tried and that is that.

It is all PR. At work I would call it a constructive decline. “Yes I am trying to do this for you if you do all these things that I know you are not capable of.” I can say I tried my best but we all know it’s an empty promise.

We are a joke club.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I genuinely believe half the rumours out there are started by our club in the first place, they attempt the old smoke and mirrors thing to confuse other teams about who we are actually interested in but it actually confuses our lot so they have no idea who they are actually interested in and we end up with no one and hence the infamous trolley dashes :rubchin: :roll:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:05 pm
Who can ever forget wenger making an offer for Suarez for £50million (?) Plus £1.

That was so embarrassing :oops:

Mind you the scousers did have to think about it, I mean £1 IS £1. :D
I mean, to be fair, legally if his contract stipulated that any bid of 40m would automatically be accepted then we should have pursued it further.

Most clubs would have gone £40.5m or a nice round £41m. No, not ours.

The £1 made a joke out of us AND I'm sure Suarez felt the butt of it too, which is why it did t seem to take him long to change his mind about staying.

We are terribly run club, honestly. It's honestly lucky that we haven't tanked in the last decade.