ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clummo99

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Clummo99 »

Doubt RM will get anywhere near that considering he's in his last year.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Who knows what impact Varane and White will have. In theory Varane would come in and make Man United harder to score against but it never works out that way.

I feel White will take the lead in our backline and offer some resiliance.

Im also not assuming Man United will finish above us this year. I genuinely believe they are within our range.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

We finished 8th but that was only 5 points off leicester in 4th, turn three draw's into wins and we would have been 4th. No european football will easily give us a 5 point swing. Winning those last 5 games in a row gave me an indication of what we can expect. It may not be pretty to watch but it is effective.
We need a settled back four. With injuries and rotation we never had that. If White is confirmed arteta needs to stick with a consistent back 4. With current squad chambers, holding, white and tierney would be the starting back four.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Runnarson off to Turkey which leaves us with Owonky and Leno , if Leno gets injured we need a keeper fast probably why we are looking at spending silly money on one.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal’s next move to sign a goalkeeper could be impacted by a deal falling through for Alex Runarsson to join Altay in Turkey. The two clubs could not agree terms for the Iceland international. [@mcgrathmike] #afc

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:04 pm
Arsenal’s next move to sign a goalkeeper could be impacted by a deal falling through for Alex Runarsson to join Altay in Turkey. The two clubs could not agree terms for the Iceland international. [@mcgrathmike] #afc
The terms being "this lad is gash" on the side of the Turkish club.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
By all accounts he is in £40k per week. He couldn’t even get into a shit French side when we signed him. The quite frankly fraudulent wages we hand out to unproven shite is just staggering. We do it over and over again. It is really worrying. Back handers central is what I would imagine Arsenal is known as.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:19 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
By all accounts he is in £40k per week. He couldn’t even get into a shit French side when we signed him. The quite frankly fraudulent wages we hand out to unproven shite is just staggering. We do it over and over again. It is really worrying. Back handers central is what I would imagine Arsenal is known as.
Total agree. Runarsson is going nowhere unless we pay the majority of his ridiculous salary to facilitate a loan move or simply pay off his contract in full. Same applies for Willian, Cedric & Kolasinac. Auba is untransferable too thanks to our generous contract :roll:

Scandalous that it keeps happening.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:47 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:13 am
augie wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:34 pm
Who ??

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... e-biereth/

Whelmed :roll:
Completely and utterly whelmed here too buddy. Why are we buying other teams' unproven youth potential? Surely we have an academy to produce youth potential for us and - oh, right..... :lol:
Moller has gone on loan for a year and Balogun has been promoted so there is a space for a striker. His record is good I can't see the issue here?
It's just an excuse to have another moan :lol:
Don't be silly. :lol:

But in all honesty we have space for a proven striker, not space to buy in someone else's potential. Enough with the unproven kids from other clubs academies ffs. :roll:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Arsenal have made an inquiry for Inter Milan striker Lautaro Martínez during their ambitious summer in the transfer market. [@TeleFootball]

augie

Post by augie »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:38 pm
Arsenal have made an inquiry for Inter Milan striker Lautaro Martínez during their ambitious summer in the transfer market. [@TeleFootball]

Can he play right full ? :rubchin: :wink:

A seriously good striker he is, but honestly whoever comes up with this sh.it should be shot - signing him would take up our entire transfer budget for the next 3 or 4 seasons :roll:

wibble

Post by wibble »

gooner265 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:44 am
Gunnerz4life wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:38 am
Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:42 am
From what I know about each player I'd take Verane over White every time. The outlay would be pretty much the same I reckon, Verane's wages against White's transfer fee.
Age and the subsequent resale value plays a part as well in driving the price up. White if he turns out to be half decent would have a significant resale value that Varane won't .

I do wonder if Varane is past his prime. I don't watch Madrid games much but I remember him involved in a couple of howlers in the CL last year.
Varane 41 million, white 50 , he is easily more expensive with wages factored in .
Although with our negotiating team I wouldn’t be surprised if white ends up on a higher wage :wink:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Some great news though :barscarf: :barscarf:

The women have signed a 22yr old blonde Norwegian.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/welcome-fr ... ns-arsenal

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

To keep Oodegaard company. ?

augie

Post by augie »

StuartL wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:11 pm
Some great news though :barscarf: :barscarf:

The women have signed a 22yr old blonde Norwegian.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/welcome-fr ... ns-arsenal

Looks like she got a good rogering before that photo was taken 8)