CoronaVirus Latest

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
User avatar
shu
Posts: 980
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:47 pm
Location: Norwich

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by shu »

Condolences Stu,,I hope it all goes smoothly .

As for the rest of the thread , just get the injection and get on with your life or don’t and don’t !

A11M11
Posts: 1663
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:07 am

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by A11M11 »

Sorry to hear that Stu.

As for the rest of the thread , just get the injection and get on with your life or don’t and don’t !

Succinct but about right.

User avatar
GoonerMuzz
Posts: 5225
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:53 pm
Location: Defending is optional

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Nice shit *word censored* i'm all right jack attitude there lads.... fuck me i hoped i'd never hear that from normal people but hey ho nothing surprises me these days.

Fuck those who cant have the jab as long as i'm ok to live my normal life :roll:

Just so we're all clear then, vaccine passports are ok so you guys can go out and do what you want and those who can't be vaccinated can go fuck themselves, your empathy overwhelms me :cussing:

BobbyPires7
Posts: 554
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:06 pm

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by BobbyPires7 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:38 pm
Nice shit *word censored* i'm all right jack attitude there lads.... fuck me i hoped i'd never hear that from normal people but hey ho nothing surprises me these days.

Fuck those who cant have the jab as long as i'm ok to live my normal life :roll:

Just so we're all clear then, vaccine passports are ok so you guys can go out and do what you want and those who can't be vaccinated can go fuck themselves, your empathy overwhelms me :cussing:
I’ve had a change of mind. I think no one should have been vaccinated. If we can’t all have it, no one has it. We stay locked down in the bunker. The economy burns down. We have no money for anything, including the NHS. We all die of disease, whether it’s Covid, cancer, the flu, diabetes or scurvy. My conscious is clear because we can’t open up if Dave down the road isn’t able to be vaccinated. Sounds fair enough to me Guv….Dave’s human rights are more important than solving a global pandemic conundrum. :barscarf:

User avatar
Clummo99
Posts: 1424
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:09 pm

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Clummo99 »

Nice debate there. 8)

Some very valid points from both sides. Pertinent and both hard to argue with really. I think what it shows is that there is no ideal solution. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

We'll probably end up with some wishy-washy, middle ground outcome that will anger both sides but also please both sides.

I don't know what the correct course of action should be btw.

LeftfootlegendGooner
Posts: 9096
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:29 am
Nice debate there. 8)

Some very valid points from both sides. Pertinent and both hard to argue with really. I think what it shows is that there is no ideal solution. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

We'll probably end up with some wishy-washy, middle ground outcome that will anger both sides but also please both sides.

I don't know what the correct course of action should be btw.
Bit like when a husband says to his wife "in a sentence try and tell me something that will make me very happy and very sad at the same time"

She thinks for a minute and says "your cocks bigger than your brothers"

User avatar
Clummo99
Posts: 1424
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:09 pm

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Clummo99 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:38 am
Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:29 am
Nice debate there. 8)

Some very valid points from both sides. Pertinent and both hard to argue with really. I think what it shows is that there is no ideal solution. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

We'll probably end up with some wishy-washy, middle ground outcome that will anger both sides but also please both sides.

I don't know what the correct course of action should be btw.
Bit like when a husband says to his wife "in a sentence try and tell me something that will make me very happy and very sad at the same time"

She thinks for a minute and says "your cocks bigger than your brothers"
Ouch!

:lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner
Posts: 9096
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

I don't look much on here these days so just went back a bit on this thread.

Stu, really sorry to hear about your loss, condolences to you and your family, losing your dad is a very sad time.

A11M11
Posts: 1663
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:07 am

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by A11M11 »

Just so we're all clear then, vaccine passports are ok so you guys can go out and do what you want and those who can't be vaccinated can go fuck themselves, your empathy overwhelms me

My argument is not with people that "CAN'T " take the vaccine but those who are thinking up every spurious excuse " NOT " to take it.

If there are medical reasons where injections are unviable then that can be registered through a doctor but if it is just not being taken because it offends peoples human rights or they have swallowed the it's not fully tested diatribe , then sod them.

User avatar
augie
Posts: 27708
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by augie »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:56 am
Just so we're all clear then, vaccine passports are ok so you guys can go out and do what you want and those who can't be vaccinated can go fuck themselves, your empathy overwhelms me

My argument is not with people that "CAN'T " take the vaccine but those who are thinking up every spurious excuse " NOT " to take it.

If there are medical reasons where injections are unviable then that can be registered through a doctor but if it is just not being taken because it offends peoples human rights or they have swallowed the it's not fully tested diatribe , then sod them.



Well said - nobody is trying to force vaccines on those who have genuine reason to be unable to get vaccinated, but those who refuse for whatever reason should be told to fcuk off whinging if they are restricted from certain activities 8)
Tbh I dont trust the doctors not to right notes claiming medical reasons for those refusing to be vaccinated though :roll: :censored: :censored:

User avatar
Arsenal Till I Die
Posts: 3563
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: North London

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:39 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:56 am
Just so we're all clear then, vaccine passports are ok so you guys can go out and do what you want and those who can't be vaccinated can go fuck themselves, your empathy overwhelms me

My argument is not with people that "CAN'T " take the vaccine but those who are thinking up every spurious excuse " NOT " to take it.

If there are medical reasons where injections are unviable then that can be registered through a doctor but if it is just not being taken because it offends peoples human rights or they have swallowed the it's not fully tested diatribe , then sod them.



Well said - nobody is trying to force vaccines on those who have genuine reason to be unable to get vaccinated, but those who refuse for whatever reason should be told to fcuk off whinging if they are restricted from certain activities 8)
Tbh I dont trust the doctors not to right notes claiming medical reasons for those refusing to be vaccinated though :roll: :censored: :censored:
The vaccine of which, I'm sure all of us in this dbste has had at least one dose of:

Does NOT provide immunity from Covid.
Does NOT prevent Covid.
Does NOT prevent serious illness from Covid
Does NOT prevent death from Covid
Does NOT stop the spread of Covid, thus meaning it;
Does NOT eliminate mask wearing or social distancing
Does NOT stop the vulnerable from getting Covid
Does NOT eliminate the risk of travel bans
Does NOT eliminate the risk of further lockdowns

So given the limited scope of the vaccine, why do you all think you're superior to others, to such an extent you'd restrict others based on their autonomous choice? You're still a risk to others, in the current circumstances, due to the limited scope of the vaccine.

I'd understand more if this vaccine's scope included immunity of, and lead to the iredicstion of, Covid. It doesn't. Not yet, anyway. So people should not be punished for making a free and autonomous choice. Furthermore, your totalitarian not only works if you force the flu jab, the pneumonia jab and all other preventative jabs in people, and make them prove they done have those illness, and others such as meningitis, shingles, measles etc before they enter any establishment.

Or are you only going to pick one communicable illness/jabs to grand-stand on?

User avatar
augie
Posts: 27708
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by augie »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:01 pm
augie wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:39 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:56 am
Just so we're all clear then, vaccine passports are ok so you guys can go out and do what you want and those who can't be vaccinated can go fuck themselves, your empathy overwhelms me

My argument is not with people that "CAN'T " take the vaccine but those who are thinking up every spurious excuse " NOT " to take it.

If there are medical reasons where injections are unviable then that can be registered through a doctor but if it is just not being taken because it offends peoples human rights or they have swallowed the it's not fully tested diatribe , then sod them.



Well said - nobody is trying to force vaccines on those who have genuine reason to be unable to get vaccinated, but those who refuse for whatever reason should be told to fcuk off whinging if they are restricted from certain activities 8)
Tbh I dont trust the doctors not to right notes claiming medical reasons for those refusing to be vaccinated though :roll: :censored: :censored:

Do brown shirts come automatically with the second dose, or do you have to apply?

The vaccine of which, I'm sure all of us in this dbste has had at least one dose of:

Does NOT provide immunity from Covid.
Does NOT prevent Covid.
Does NOT prevent serious illness from Covid
Does NOT prevent death from Covid
Does NOT stop the spread of Covid, thus meaning it;
Does NOT eliminate mask wearing or social distancing
Does NOT stop the vulnerable from getting Covid
Does NOT eliminate the risk of travel bans
Does NOT eliminate the risk of further lockdowns

So given the limited scope of the vaccine, why do you all think you're superior to others, to such an extent you'd restrict others based on their autonomous choice? You're still a risk to others, in the current circumstances, due to the limited scope of the vaccine.

I'd understand more if this vaccine's scope included immunity of, and lead to the iredicstion of, Covid. It doesn't. Not yet, anyway. So people should not be punished for making a free and autonomous choice. Furthermore, your totalitarian not only works if you force the flu jab, the pneumonia jab and all other preventative jabs in people, and make them prove they done have those illness, and others such as meningitis, shingles, measles etc before they enter any establishment.

Or are you only going to pick one communicable illness/jabs to grand-stand on?



Firstly, nobody here used the word superior or claims to be superior, so you can knock that thinking on the head.

Secondly, I am a risk to others, but I am much less of a risk than those who dont get vaccinated. Do you dispute that the vaccine will reduce the number of covid deaths ? I dont think that it would be possible to have a vaccine free bubble with restuarants and pubs for the morally outraged ( :wink: I jest), so why should they be allowed to threaten the health of those who got the vaccine by frequenting the same pubs etc ?

Thirdly, imo it isnt a case of punishing people for not getting the vaccine, as much as it is rewarding those who did - reality is that the world shut down (rightly or wrongly) when covid was rampant and highly dangerous, and the world was told then that we needed to be patient until the vaccine came along and allowed the economy to start opening up again. If we all refused to take the vaccine and the world remained lockdown, would that be preferable to you ? It certainly isnt to me, and even though I too have doubts about the vaccine (and have for past year before it was ever released), I chose to take it with the intention of getting the world opened back up again. I love the saying that I heard in a Bond movie once that "there is no point living if you dont feel alive" - when this lockdown was running I did not feel alive, and I have no wish to give these c.unts another excuse to shut us down again, so I took the vaccine for that reason

User avatar
Arsenal Till I Die
Posts: 3563
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: North London

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:49 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:01 pm
augie wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:39 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:56 am
Just so we're all clear then, vaccine passports are ok so you guys can go out and do what you want and those who can't be vaccinated can go fuck themselves, your empathy overwhelms me

My argument is not with people that "CAN'T " take the vaccine but those who are thinking up every spurious excuse " NOT " to take it.

If there are medical reasons where injections are unviable then that can be registered through a doctor but if it is just not being taken because it offends peoples human rights or they have swallowed the it's not fully tested diatribe , then sod them.



Well said - nobody is trying to force vaccines on those who have genuine reason to be unable to get vaccinated, but those who refuse for whatever reason should be told to fcuk off whinging if they are restricted from certain activities 8)
Tbh I dont trust the doctors not to right notes claiming medical reasons for those refusing to be vaccinated though :roll: :censored: :censored:

Do brown shirts come automatically with the second dose, or do you have to apply?

The vaccine of which, I'm sure all of us in this dbste has had at least one dose of:

Does NOT provide immunity from Covid.
Does NOT prevent Covid.
Does NOT prevent serious illness from Covid
Does NOT prevent death from Covid
Does NOT stop the spread of Covid, thus meaning it;
Does NOT eliminate mask wearing or social distancing
Does NOT stop the vulnerable from getting Covid
Does NOT eliminate the risk of travel bans
Does NOT eliminate the risk of further lockdowns

So given the limited scope of the vaccine, why do you all think you're superior to others, to such an extent you'd restrict others based on their autonomous choice? You're still a risk to others, in the current circumstances, due to the limited scope of the vaccine.

I'd understand more if this vaccine's scope included immunity of, and lead to the iredicstion of, Covid. It doesn't. Not yet, anyway. So people should not be punished for making a free and autonomous choice. Furthermore, your totalitarian not only works if you force the flu jab, the pneumonia jab and all other preventative jabs in people, and make them prove they done have those illness, and others such as meningitis, shingles, measles etc before they enter any establishment.

Or are you only going to pick one communicable illness/jabs to grand-stand on?



Firstly, nobody here used the word superior or claims to be superior, so you can knock that thinking on the head.

Secondly, I am a risk to others, but I am much less of a risk than those who dont get vaccinated. Do you dispute that the vaccine will reduce the number of covid deaths ? I dont think that it would be possible to have a vaccine free bubble with restuarants and pubs for the morally outraged ( :wink: I jest), so why should they be allowed to threaten the health of those who got the vaccine by frequenting the same pubs etc ?

Thirdly, imo it isnt a case of punishing people for not getting the vaccine, as much as it is rewarding those who did - reality is that the world shut down (rightly or wrongly) when covid was rampant and highly dangerous, and the world was told then that we needed to be patient until the vaccine came along and allowed the economy to start opening up again. If we all refused to take the vaccine and the world remained lockdown, would that be preferable to you ? It certainly isnt to me, and even though I too have doubts about the vaccine (and have for past year before it was ever released), I chose to take it with the intention of getting the world opened back up again. I love the saying that I heard in a Bond movie once that "there is no point living if you dont feel alive" - when this lockdown was running I did not feel alive, and I have no wish to give these c.unts another excuse to shut us down again, so I took the vaccine for that reason
Then you have to say the same for every communicable illness that puts "at risk" people in the hospital. You don't get to pick a choose which communicable illness you wish to be authoritative about.

It's not like we're talking about Ebola here.Ebola wouldn't take too long to take most of the world out within a month. Covid is not that dissimilar from the other serious communicable illnesses out there. A LARGE majority of people who contracted Covid had small to mild symptoms, at worst. Yes, it put many people in hospital. Yes it killed people (I don't like the numbers because they quantify it as died WITH rather than died FROM, but I don't disputed that people died of it). As they do with flu. As they do with pneumonia and all hosts of things that we pick up. It will continue to be a nasty respitory illness for years to come, but it poses similar risks to people as ALL OTHER communicable illness you pick up in pubs and clubs, buses etc.

As I've said, I've had my first jab, I'm not arguing against vaccines. I'm arguing against this weird sense of authoritarianism that's growing around it. Quite frankly, it should be more shocking than it is to see how quickly people resort of condemning people for their autonomy (you say it's not about "punishing people" but you yourself said "should be told to fcuk off whinging...") but it's not. Its hypocritical though, when most, if not all, of us will continue to go out when you have colds and flus in the future; you'll stop thinking about "risk to others" then.

User avatar
augie
Posts: 27708
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by augie »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:20 pm
augie wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:49 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:01 pm
augie wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:39 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:56 am
Just so we're all clear then, vaccine passports are ok so you guys can go out and do what you want and those who can't be vaccinated can go fuck themselves, your empathy overwhelms me

My argument is not with people that "CAN'T " take the vaccine but those who are thinking up every spurious excuse " NOT " to take it.

If there are medical reasons where injections are unviable then that can be registered through a doctor but if it is just not being taken because it offends peoples human rights or they have swallowed the it's not fully tested diatribe , then sod them.



Well said - nobody is trying to force vaccines on those who have genuine reason to be unable to get vaccinated, but those who refuse for whatever reason should be told to fcuk off whinging if they are restricted from certain activities 8)
Tbh I dont trust the doctors not to right notes claiming medical reasons for those refusing to be vaccinated though :roll: :censored: :censored:

Do brown shirts come automatically with the second dose, or do you have to apply?

The vaccine of which, I'm sure all of us in this dbste has had at least one dose of:

Does NOT provide immunity from Covid.
Does NOT prevent Covid.
Does NOT prevent serious illness from Covid
Does NOT prevent death from Covid
Does NOT stop the spread of Covid, thus meaning it;
Does NOT eliminate mask wearing or social distancing
Does NOT stop the vulnerable from getting Covid
Does NOT eliminate the risk of travel bans
Does NOT eliminate the risk of further lockdowns

So given the limited scope of the vaccine, why do you all think you're superior to others, to such an extent you'd restrict others based on their autonomous choice? You're still a risk to others, in the current circumstances, due to the limited scope of the vaccine.

I'd understand more if this vaccine's scope included immunity of, and lead to the iredicstion of, Covid. It doesn't. Not yet, anyway. So people should not be punished for making a free and autonomous choice. Furthermore, your totalitarian not only works if you force the flu jab, the pneumonia jab and all other preventative jabs in people, and make them prove they done have those illness, and others such as meningitis, shingles, measles etc before they enter any establishment.

Or are you only going to pick one communicable illness/jabs to grand-stand on?



Firstly, nobody here used the word superior or claims to be superior, so you can knock that thinking on the head.

Secondly, I am a risk to others, but I am much less of a risk than those who dont get vaccinated. Do you dispute that the vaccine will reduce the number of covid deaths ? I dont think that it would be possible to have a vaccine free bubble with restuarants and pubs for the morally outraged ( :wink: I jest), so why should they be allowed to threaten the health of those who got the vaccine by frequenting the same pubs etc ?

Thirdly, imo it isnt a case of punishing people for not getting the vaccine, as much as it is rewarding those who did - reality is that the world shut down (rightly or wrongly) when covid was rampant and highly dangerous, and the world was told then that we needed to be patient until the vaccine came along and allowed the economy to start opening up again. If we all refused to take the vaccine and the world remained lockdown, would that be preferable to you ? It certainly isnt to me, and even though I too have doubts about the vaccine (and have for past year before it was ever released), I chose to take it with the intention of getting the world opened back up again. I love the saying that I heard in a Bond movie once that "there is no point living if you dont feel alive" - when this lockdown was running I did not feel alive, and I have no wish to give these c.unts another excuse to shut us down again, so I took the vaccine for that reason
Then you have to say the same for every communicable illness that puts "at risk" people in the hospital. You don't get to pick a choose which communicable illness you wish to be authoritative about.

It's not like we're talking about Ebola here.Ebola wouldn't take too long to take most of the world out within a month. Covid is not that dissimilar from the other serious communicable illnesses out there. A LARGE majority of people who contracted Covid had small to mild symptoms, at worst. Yes, it put many people in hospital. Yes it killed people (I don't like the numbers because they quantify it as died WITH rather than died FROM, but I don't disputed that people died of it). As they do with flu. As they do with pneumonia and all hosts of things that we pick up. It will continue to be a nasty respitory illness for years to come, but it poses similar risks to people as ALL OTHER communicable illness you pick up in pubs and clubs, buses etc.

As I've said, I've had my first jab, I'm not arguing against vaccines. I'm arguing against this weird sense of authoritarianism that's growing around it. Quite frankly, it should be more shocking than it is to see how quickly people resort of condemning people for their autonomy (you say it's not about "punishing people" but you yourself said "should be told to fcuk off whinging...") but it's not. Its hypocritical though, when most, if not all, of us will continue to go out when you have colds and flus in the future; you'll stop thinking about "risk to others" then.



The highlighted in blue piece I couldnt agree with you any more than I do - there has no doubt been a play on numbers at times in a bid to heighten the fear factor

The "fcuk off whinging" bit is in relation to the public protests/outcries against these passports/certificates - I believe that it is everyone's right to decide if they get vaccinated or not, but for me life is full of choices and if I choose not to get vaccinated then there are knock on effects from that decision the same way there would be knock on effects if I choose to get vaccinated. If I choose on principal not to get the vaccine, then I believe in what I am doing and dont need to make a big fuss or scene over it - like I said many times previously, I feel that for a LARGE percentage of these protestors, the scene and fuss is what this is all about, and has fcuk all to do with personal beliefs.

A11M11
Posts: 1663
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:07 am

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by A11M11 »

Spurs confirmed that those attending the men’s and women’s pre-season double-header against Arsenal would require to have received both doses of the coronavirus jab or tested negative 48 hours before kick-off.

The UK government has set plans in motion to ban unvaccinated fans from the stadium.
According to The Telegraph,
This would allow them “to begin preparations for the potential of full vaccination against Covid-19 being a condition of entry to large events from October 1”.

Despite our differing opinions on the matter , this was inevitable.

Post Reply