ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
User avatar
Arsenal Till I Die
Posts: 3561
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: North London

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I must admit I'm enjoying the meltdown from Villa fans, right now. They needed a good humbling after the whole "Smith Rowe" thing. :lol:

User avatar
augie
Posts: 27705
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:37 am
If Xhaka and Bellerin are to stay it needs to be made clear they will not be considered first team players. Bellerin needs to be stripped of the vice captaincy and apparently Xhaka is our '4th captain', a meaningless thing but all the same it needs to be stripped.

Bellerin will likely remain in the first 11 as he is better than Chambers, but Xhaka can sit behind Partey, the new Belgium lad, Elneny and Willock if he stays. Because its no secret we tried to offload him to Roma and Roma were lukewarm at best. If that doesn't speak to Arteta about Xhaka qualities as a player nothing will. Aside form the odd long range missile he really is an average midfielder. If Xhaka stays I think that kills of a the chance to bring in another midfielder. We are not going to get Locatelli or an established midfielder so the question now is who will play alongside Partey. Ill say it right now. Joe Willock

I think selling Willock is a massive error, especially at a piss take 20m which some papers have. Willock scored more goals in half a season that Grealish did in an entire season and Grealsih is supposed to go for over 100m. Those 8 goals in 14 games at Newcastle are a sure sign of promise. He is only 21 and often a young player needs a breakthrough moment to be able to kick on. Thats Willocks breakthrough moment & we should let him try and kick on. Partey to sit an hold, Willock to get up and down, and ESR as the number 10.

Arteta neds to be bold somewhere. Its possible to change the team up without making signings and if we are going to dawdle through this transfer window, then ring the changes on the pitch. The idea of Xhaka and Elneny getting picked ahead of Willock and the Lokonga is depressing. Theres an energetic idea and theory behind giving Willock a place in the first team. But that's the idea picking Xhaka? I just fucking know Arteta will settle into a Partey Xhaka duo.

He isnt a bold manager. He doesnt have any ideas outside what he thinks he 'should' be doing.



Let me point out the contradiction in your post -

Xhaka is an international captain who is coming off what is viewed (by others) as a very good euro's. We are trying to move him on and are looking for £20m, but as you say the fact that roma are the only club interested, and they are not willing to pay that money should tell pep's cone boy that xhaka is not deemed as good enough.

However

You claim that selling willock for 20m is a piss take despite the fact that in 80 appearances for us he has been largely average, and he has zero international experience, and despite his performances for the geordies no other club has shown an interest in buying him. What makes him more valuable than xhaka ?

A11M11
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:07 am

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by A11M11 »

His goals for the Geordies were mostly tap ins

You talking about the goals we don't get because there's no fucker in there. ?

As I said earlier left knee , testicle , arse I don't care as long as they go in.
Last edited by A11M11 on Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
augie
Posts: 27705
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

A11M11 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:50 pm
His goals for the Geordies were mostly tap ins

You talking about the goals we don't get because there's no fucker in there. ?


I never mentioned his goals :? :?

User avatar
Clummo99
Posts: 1421
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:09 pm

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Clummo99 »

A11M11 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:50 pm
His goals for the Geordies were mostly tap ins

You talking about the goals we don't get because there's no fucker in there. ?

As I said earlier left knee , testicle , arse I don't care as long as they go in.
That's exactly my point. He obviously played a different role under Bruce than he does in our systems. Just because he does it for another team doesn't necessarily mean he's good for us, cos he isn’t. :lol:

User avatar
Clummo99
Posts: 1421
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:09 pm

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Clummo99 »

augie wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:52 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:50 pm
His goals for the Geordies were mostly tap ins

You talking about the goals we don't get because there's no fucker in there. ?


I never mentioned his goals :? :?
That was me. :lol:

User avatar
GoonerMuzz
Posts: 5205
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:53 pm
Location: Defending is optional

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by GoonerMuzz »

We don't need a Willock or a Nketiah who may come good this season, or next possibly or maybe be even the season after :roll:

We are royally fucked under Arteta unless he performs an absolute hail Mary miracle this season so to have any reasonable chance of a decent season of any kind we need players who can improve us right now, immediately they enter the team.

As good as Saka, ESR and Martinelli are they still need assistance, advice and coaching from the more senior players around them, we don't need even more wannabe, possibly, maybes around the first team especially when some of the senior players are just as bad.....Xhaka, Willian, Linda to mention just a few.

We need to cut the squad anyway and if no fucker is interested in the older shite we have we can at least exploit the fringe players for a little cash :rubchin:

User avatar
augie
Posts: 27705
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

Again the only way to get rid of these c.unts is to terminate - watch pep's cone boy take the credit for clearing him out too :roll: :censored:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15744832 ... -transfer/

User avatar
augie
Posts: 27705
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

Inter milan's Lautaro Martinez ?? Nah this is more our level of signing :roll: :oops: :oops:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... hew-hoppe/

User avatar
GoonerMuzz
Posts: 5205
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:53 pm
Location: Defending is optional

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Still no sign of a RB, if i'm honest i reckon Calum if coached correctly could do a job there but under Arteta we need someone who is a natural RB with little to no need for coaching :rubchin:

Still not convinced about Auba either, he was woeful last season immaterial of his previous form, malaria or family issues and i really don't think his style of play suits having Saka, ESR or Martinelli around him. We dont even play to his natural strengths of a quality through ball or over the top for him to run on to.

User avatar
Arsenal Till I Die
Posts: 3561
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: North London

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:01 am
Still no sign of a RB, if i'm honest i reckon Calum if coached correctly could do a job there but under Arteta we need someone who is a natural RB with little to no need for coaching :rubchin:

Still not convinced about Auba either, he was woeful last season immaterial of his previous form, malaria or family issues and i really don't think his style of play suits having Saka, ESR or Martinelli around him. We dont even play to his natural strengths of a quality through ball or over the top for him to run on to.
Honestly, I agree with you. Chambers looked comfortable in the role, when he played there. Could whip a ball I. Too, if memory serves me well (it's 4:30am and I'm pissed, so I can't say my memory is all that clear!).

Re Auba; I'd cash in, honestly. I predict he will have another poor season.

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 31752
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

Brown Sauce: BBC:

Arsenal are considering using 26-year-old Spain full-back Hector Bellerin as a potential makeweight in a deal for Inter Milan striker Lautaro Martinez, 23, with Tottenham also in the running for the Argentine should they sell England captain Harry Kane, 28. (Athletic - subscription required)

...................................................


Fenerbahce are considering a move for Arsenal's Portugal full-back Cedric Soares, 29. (Fotomac - in Turkish)


...................................................


Juventus are struggling to meet Sassuolo's asking price of £34m for 23-year-old Italy international Manuel Locatelli, with Liverpool and Arsenal ready to make a move for the midfielder. (Sky Sport Italia via Mail)


...................................................


Everton and Arsenal are monitoring the progress of 20-year-old Schalke forward Matthew Hoppe, who is currently starring for the USA at the Gold Cup. (Journalist Grant Wahl via Sun)

.................................................





:yawn: :goingtobed:

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 31752
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:05 pm
I must admit I'm enjoying the meltdown from Villa fans, right now. They needed a good humbling after the whole "Smith Rowe" thing. :lol:
:lol: :high5:



Bunch of no marks.....


Must admit I still do Not get it with this hullabaloo over Grealish - For me he is SO Overatted...whenever I have seen him play - he falls over 9 times out of 10 when any opposition player comes near him and when his team mates don't pass him the ball he waves is arms about (a la wengercunt) like a fuckkin windmill moaning and going into a strop... He is so in need of a proper Nawty slap. :?

wilson2.0
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:36 am

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by wilson2.0 »

augie wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:35 pm
wilson2.0 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:37 am
If Xhaka and Bellerin are to stay it needs to be made clear they will not be considered first team players. Bellerin needs to be stripped of the vice captaincy and apparently Xhaka is our '4th captain', a meaningless thing but all the same it needs to be stripped.

Bellerin will likely remain in the first 11 as he is better than Chambers, but Xhaka can sit behind Partey, the new Belgium lad, Elneny and Willock if he stays. Because its no secret we tried to offload him to Roma and Roma were lukewarm at best. If that doesn't speak to Arteta about Xhaka qualities as a player nothing will. Aside form the odd long range missile he really is an average midfielder. If Xhaka stays I think that kills of a the chance to bring in another midfielder. We are not going to get Locatelli or an established midfielder so the question now is who will play alongside Partey. Ill say it right now. Joe Willock

I think selling Willock is a massive error, especially at a piss take 20m which some papers have. Willock scored more goals in half a season that Grealish did in an entire season and Grealsih is supposed to go for over 100m. Those 8 goals in 14 games at Newcastle are a sure sign of promise. He is only 21 and often a young player needs a breakthrough moment to be able to kick on. Thats Willocks breakthrough moment & we should let him try and kick on. Partey to sit an hold, Willock to get up and down, and ESR as the number 10.

Arteta neds to be bold somewhere. Its possible to change the team up without making signings and if we are going to dawdle through this transfer window, then ring the changes on the pitch. The idea of Xhaka and Elneny getting picked ahead of Willock and the Lokonga is depressing. Theres an energetic idea and theory behind giving Willock a place in the first team. But that's the idea picking Xhaka? I just fucking know Arteta will settle into a Partey Xhaka duo.

He isnt a bold manager. He doesnt have any ideas outside what he thinks he 'should' be doing.



Let me point out the contradiction in your post -

Xhaka is an international captain who is coming off what is viewed (by others) as a very good euro's. We are trying to move him on and are looking for £20m, but as you say the fact that roma are the only club interested, and they are not willing to pay that money should tell pep's cone boy that xhaka is not deemed as good enough.

However

You claim that selling willock for 20m is a piss take despite the fact that in 80 appearances for us he has been largely average, and he has zero international experience, and despite his performances for the geordies no other club has shown an interest in buying him. What makes him more valuable than xhaka ?

Because he is English and there is an English tax clubs charge when selling English players. Xhaka is almost 29 and Willock 21.

User avatar
StuartL
Posts: 7099
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 8:22 pm
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by StuartL »

augie wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:57 pm
Again the only way to get rid of these c.unts is to terminate - watch pep's cone boy take the credit for clearing him out too :roll: :censored:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15744832 ... -transfer/
Have a perusal at the list on there of our record sales - some of the top players in English / European football in the last 20 years and our highest fee received is still for Overmars back in 2000 :rubchin: :shock: !

I don’t really care how we get rid of the likes of Kolasinac - sale, free transfer, whatever he just needs to be gone.

Post Reply