Burnley bulbeyes A Sat 18th Sept KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Re: Burnley bulbeyes A Sat 18th Sept KO 3pm

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

They just lost 3-1 to Everton. I reckon we'll be a nice springboard for them to bounce back from.

They'll bully us around, we won't look good - 2:0 them.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:38 pm
They just lost 3-1 to Everton. I reckon we'll be a nice springboard for them to bounce back from.

Well we do have a reputation for offering our asses up to any club that needs a win to get their season on track..... :oops:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

aka: Arsenal the gift that just keeps giving. :? :cry:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:06 am

Well we do have a reputation for offering our asses up to any club that needs a win to get their season on track..... :oops:
And to be fair to them they looked decent for 55 minutes too,I cant see us scoring 3 goals in 7 minutes against them like Everton did

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

They are probably the dirtiest team in the league and seems to be emboldened by the leniency the refs are showing this season. There were a couple of really poor tackles on Richarlison from Tarkowski and another bloke that went unpunished. Klopp had complained about some of the challenges when the victims played them. We are in for a battering.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Will depend on who scores the first goal. If we can get ahead we can pick them off. If it’s a battle aerially throughout we will obviously lose it. Having Xhaka out will help us immensely though.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yup! Possible draw or even a win Without clubfootClive - With him in mid-field a definite Loss.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

robbo10 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:38 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:06 am

And to be fair to them they looked decent for 55 minutes too,I cant see us scoring 3 goals in 7 minutes against them like Everton did
Going to be interesting how Ben White deals with the ariel and physical test which Burnley will bring

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Last season Brighton took 4 points from Burnley a 2-1 win away and a 0-0 at home . This either suggests that White was not overwhelmed or else the two 6 foot 4" players next to him were good in the air.
However reading the match report on the nil nil it seems man of the match was a certain Matt ( we didn't want him ) Ryan that made 8 saves to keep a clean sheet.

Herd

Post by Herd »

this is another relegation 6 pointer mmmm scrumptious

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Given the popular view that we're better off without Thursday nights and free to focus all our efforts on the league, I fully expect to see the weary legs of the CL and EL teams getting upset this weekend, where as our 'fresh as a daisy' troops will be pumped up and raring to go !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:03 pm
Given the popular view that we're better off without Thursday nights and free to focus all our efforts on the league, I fully expect to see the weary legs of the CL and EL teams getting upset this weekend, where as our 'fresh as a daisy' troops will be pumped up and raring to go !
I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I'm detecting just a tiny little smidgen (a OneBard or a Lefty, if you will :wink: ) of sarcasm in that post. :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:18 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I'm detecting just a tiny little smidgen (a OneBard or a Lefty, if you will :wink: ) of sarcasm in that post. :D
Yes......you couldn't even say it was thinly veiled could you? :D

This season will disprove the BS arguments about it being better not to be in Europe that's for sure. The simple conclusion will be that if you've got a total helmet in charge it doesn't matter one bit !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:40 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:18 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Yes......you couldn't even say it was thinly veiled could you? :D

This season will disprove the BS arguments about it being better not to be in Europe that's for sure. The simple conclusion will be that if you've got a total helmet in charge it doesn't matter one bit !
Yup bang on the money there mate.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Set your watches to 1975 and prepare yourself for every little club song going

Same old Arsenal always cheating coming up!