Burnley bulbeyes A Sat 18th Sept KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g88ner

Re: Burnley bulbeyes A Sat 18th Sept KO 3pm

Post by g88ner »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:21 pm

Artetas in game management and subs. Not sure how Pepe or Saka lasted the full game, and even though ESR trudged off he would have still had more impact than the 2 mentioned in the remainder of the game
Looked to me like all 3 subs were injury related.

ESR seemed to be carrying a knock or holding his groin?

Partey was gesturing to come off before he was subbed.

Tierney went down with cramp in his calf.

shu

Post by shu »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:53 pm
Takehiro Tomiyasu for Arsenal against Burnley:

◉ 100% aerial duels won
◉ 100% duels won
◉ 79 touches (most)
◉ 5 total duels
◉ 5 recoveries
◉ 5 clearances
◉ 4 aerial duels
◉ 1 interception
◉ 1 tackle
Excellent , maybe someone can find the link to the Daily Cannon and the Saliba stats , I am glad TT and Ramsdale have started off well.

shu

Post by shu »

Look we won ffs , do you really wish we had lost !!!!
Beat spurs next week and maybe that will be ok .

I think Arteta is shit too but ffs come on

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Ramsdale had a very good game solid under crosses and distribution also.

TT solid again, Gabriel as well.

Pepe awful but not the only one forward positions the weight of pass final ball cost us at least 3 good chances.

Take the win.

Lots of us not happy about a lot of what Arteta is doing but last thing we needed was going into the NLD with a bad result.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Topside Northbank wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:48 pm

Pepe awful but not the only one forward positions the weight of pass final ball cost us at least 3 good chances.

Take the win.

Lots of us not happy about a lot of what Arteta is doing but last thing we needed was going into the NLD with a bad result.
yes keep thinking of that simple 5 yard pass to Auba when he would have been clear on goal...and amazing he under hit it....that was fucking criminal

We can beat the scum next week

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

We are what we are, an underperforming team grasping tenuously for a way forward with a seemingly blind man in charge. Very occasionally today you could almost see glimmers of how good we could be but always it broke down just at the last pass. There may be some potential there but Arteta is stiffling it because he knows to lose might cost him his job, which incidently means he will revert to type against the wankers next week.

Personally against the Spuds i'd play either Laca or Martinelli up top, i just dont think this team plays the type of football that suits PEA. Unfortunately i get the feeling Xhaka will be back against the Swampdwellers because his ban is served after the Carabao cup match which means he will be straight back in. Christ i'd play any combination of Lakonga/ESR/Odegaard/Partey maybe even AMN to keep Xhaka off the pitch but you just know he will return against them lot :banghead: :banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Fuck the Emi Martinez fanboys, you know who you are

:wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:27 pm
Fuck the Emi Martinez fanboys, you know who you are

:wink:

Will you fuck off and leave Ramsdale alone. Look what your endorsement did to Butter Wrists ffs! :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I have been logging on covertly at night and all my pro Leno posts have now been deleted, nothing to see here, move along 8)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:03 pm
Given the popular view that we're better off without Thursday nights and free to focus all our efforts on the league, I fully expect to see the weary legs of the CL and EL teams getting upset this weekend, where as our 'fresh as a daisy' troops will be pumped up and raring to go !
Spot on Steveo !

Burnley 0-1 Arsenal
Man City 0-0 Southampton

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Shock! Kept the same back five and look what happens. Football really is so simple.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

I think that's our best 11. If Arteta starts those 11 players as often as he can he will give himself a chance.

Lets hope he is strong enough to resist playing Xhaka or feeling the need to give Leno some games. League cup this week, Leno can play in this game.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

shu wrote:
Look we won ffs , do you really wish we had lost !!!!
Beat spurs next week and maybe that will be ok .

I think Arteta is shit too but ffs come on
Shu mate, you are such an Optometrist

no I mean Organist... no uhhmmm I mean ontologist no I mean ornithologist ...no uhhhmmmm :rubchin:

Aaah! That's it..

You're such an Optimist. :D :wink:

John F

Post by John F »

Topside Northbank wrote:

Take the win.

Burnley do like to keep their grass on the woolly side to slow down passing sides.Unless the players can come out with a strimmer it is up to them to adjust to the pitch.Pepe didn't appear to have the intelligence to do that and under hit his passes.He can have his moments but his decision making is frustrating to watch.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:17 am
I think that's our best 11. If Arteta starts those 11 players as often as he can he will give himself a chance.

Lets hope he is strong enough to resist playing Xhaka or feeling the need to give Leno some games. League cup this week, Leno can play in this game.
This.

I am more confident about Leno being asked to just play league cup, but Xhaka…I’m not sure.
I think Arteta can’t help himself and will throw him back into the team for the NLD.