Streaming Advice

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Streaming Advice

Post by DB10GOONER »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:06 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:19 pm
Non flying Dutchman wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:01 pm
DB10 moderation was way over the top, as usual, this is not his private forum, its for Arsenal fans

More people have stopped posting because of him than anyone else.

DB10 you want to be a mod ? Stop posting, if not Let someone else have a go.

Making up dumb nicknames for players does not make you smart, or funny (It's also annoying,)

The forum will die because of one Egomaniac.

Harsh, but it needs saying :barscarf:
:barscarf: :lol:

The little Napoleon has been called out :box: :lol:
He's Napoleon's Irish counterpart.

Nap O'Leon!

:wink:
Racist. Banned. :redcard:

:lol: :wink:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:06 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:19 pm
DB10 moderation was way over the top, as usual, this is not his private forum, its for Arsenal fans

Making up dumb nicknames for players does not make you smart, or funny (It's also annoying,)

:barscarf: :lol:

The little Napoleon has been called out :box: :lol:
He's Napoleon's Irish counterpart.

Nap O'Leon!

:wink:
:barscarf: :lol: :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

The streams clummo provides are amazing. I have already donated and will continue to do so during the season.

Anthony Joshua fight this weekend, Ashes cricket and more available on the site as well as every footy game you could imagine, including the 3pm away Arsenal games which we will have more of this season being out of Europe.

A few people from my whatsapp group have signed up, and I am sure a few others will do soon.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said! It's astonishing what is now on that site.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Cheers lads, glad you appear to be enjoying it. Worth a couple of quid every now and then? :wink:

There will be a password change ahead of Sunday's game. If I haven't contacted you on WhatsApp then message me here for your new password. 8)

Non flying Dutchman

Post by Non flying Dutchman »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:38 am

:coffeespit:

Oh noes! Oh noes! :lol:

And the winner of this week's Butthurt of The Week Award is this guy. Poor diddums, you posted this drivel without actually reading what happened didn't you. :lol: :roll:

I'm embarrassed for you! :oops: Maybe you should stick to playing with your Pokemon while watching matches huh? :lol:

If I had "overmodded" this, I would have deleted Clummo's account like he requested and I would have deleted this thread - we accommodated him and his charity stream thing - and the members - with this thread. There is nothing to say we have to.

What actually happened was I cracked a joke, Clummo took offence and left. That's tough, but that's life. Nothing to do with modding. Do you understand that? Or do you need me to explain it a bit more? :-P

If you don’t like nicknames put on players my little soccer fanboy friend, then maybe this forum is not for you? Stay, leave, no one cares. That's the type of forum it is. It won't change to accommodate one person. If you don't like it don't waste your time on here. It's not like you've contributed anything worth reading so, ya know, no loss.

As far as modding goes. I do it to keep this forum going. You have no idea how many times I've stopped this place being shut down. You have no idea how much work goes into that. We have about 10 mods listed on here. There are two active. Me and g88ner. And no offence to g88ner, it's mostly me. I don't get paid. So I think you can understand that I don't give even half a fuck if you don't like the place or the way I mod it.

But most importantly for you to hear : I'll post whatever the fuck I like within the rules. :lol:

Now I really have to go and make sure no one has said anything libelous about Linda McCartney-Zoolander, Clive, Edutard, Maitland-Bendtner, Kallossalsnatch, Peepee, Butter Wrists, Martinez-Lite, or Huff n Puff...
Looks like I touched a nerve.

Truth hurts mate yeah ?

Pull your neck in a bit and show some humility, That's all that was being asked.

You still owe Clummo an apology,

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:35 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:38 am

:coffeespit:

Oh noes! Oh noes! :lol:

And the winner of this week's Butthurt of The Week Award is this guy. Poor diddums, you posted this drivel without actually reading what happened didn't you. :lol: :roll:

I'm embarrassed for you! :oops: Maybe you should stick to playing with your Pokemon while watching matches huh? :lol:

If I had "overmodded" this, I would have deleted Clummo's account like he requested and I would have deleted this thread - we accommodated him and his charity stream thing - and the members - with this thread. There is nothing to say we have to.

What actually happened was I cracked a joke, Clummo took offence and left. That's tough, but that's life. Nothing to do with modding. Do you understand that? Or do you need me to explain it a bit more? :-P

If you don’t like nicknames put on players my little soccer fanboy friend, then maybe this forum is not for you? Stay, leave, no one cares. That's the type of forum it is. It won't change to accommodate one person. If you don't like it don't waste your time on here. It's not like you've contributed anything worth reading so, ya know, no loss.

As far as modding goes. I do it to keep this forum going. You have no idea how many times I've stopped this place being shut down. You have no idea how much work goes into that. We have about 10 mods listed on here. There are two active. Me and g88ner. And no offence to g88ner, it's mostly me. I don't get paid. So I think you can understand that I don't give even half a fuck if you don't like the place or the way I mod it.

But most importantly for you to hear : I'll post whatever the fuck I like within the rules. :lol:

Now I really have to go and make sure no one has said anything libelous about Linda McCartney-Zoolander, Clive, Edutard, Maitland-Bendtner, Kallossalsnatch, Peepee, Butter Wrists, Martinez-Lite, or Huff n Puff...
Looks like I touched a nerve.

Truth hurts mate yeah ?

Pull your neck in a bit and show some humility, That's all that was being asked.

You still owe Clummo an apology,
You'd need a lot more in your Arsenal to touch a nerve here mate. :lol: :lol:

But anyhow, allow me to retort.... :D

The hilarious thing about the minority that complain about the modding on here is that they don't get the irony of them complaining on one of the few, if only, forums where mods let the members complain about the modding! On any other forum you complain about the modding or even question a mod and you get banned. Go try it. Go on. Some people have no idea how good they have it on here.

The Internet, huh? A voice for village idiots, keyboard warriors, conspiracy theory morons and hypocrites with big mouths.

Still, we live in a world where a 55 year old man plays with Pokemon whilst watching football.... :-P

Speaking of hypocrites.... I thought it wasn't funny or smart to give "dumb nicknames" to players? I thought it was also "annoying"? And yet I've seen you on numerous occasions describe Ramsey as "Sir Flicksalot"; Arteta as "Cone monkey", "Wenger-lite prick", "Wenger-lite cùnt"; Giroud as "Lampost"; and Wenger as "TOF".

You must annoy yourself huh?

I hope you don't take offence and flounce off in a huff. But then, I had a read through a few of your posts, and your contribution is mostly posting "I'm switching this off" and "wake me up in five months" or telling people what a great player Clive (or "Granit" as you refer to him) is. :oops: :lol:

It's hardly gonna break the forum if you leave in a huff is it, mate!

As far as apologies go, I won't be apologising for harmless banter. Your limited intellect totally misread the situation and you've made a bit of a tool of yourself by overreacting haven't you. Get a grip, there's a good lad.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

There's the rub DB. Harmless banter in your opinion but from my perspective could cause people to have second thoughts about contributing to my fundraising.

It wouldn't be me losing out, it would be the charity.

Not exactly harmless if that were to be the case.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clummo99 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:54 pm
There's the rub DB. Harmless banter in your opinion but from my perspective could cause people to have second thoughts about contributing to my fundraising.

It wouldn't be me losing out, it would be the charity.

Not exactly harmless if that were to be the case.
Sorry but that is rubbish and you know it is mate. Below is what I wrote. Very obviously light hearted banter to anyone with even a half functioning brain.
Here lads download this app I just made onto your phones!  :barscarf:

For your next "project" are you going to base yourself in Nigeria and offer two million quid to the first person that helps you release those funds by providing their bank account details? :lol: :wink:  
If anyone misunderstood that then tbh they are too braindead to figure out how to donate anyway, so I don't think your charity lost one cent because of my post.

Two posts later after you took offence, I also clarified it was a joke. A joke no one else took offence at or complained about until much later when Non Flying Dutchman took it as an excuse to have a personal dig at me for whatever reason.

We do not censor anything on here unless it might be illegal or libellous and might get the forum shut down. That's the kind of forum it is. It has been like that since day one, long long before you joined, and it will not change just because you chose to raise money on here, or just because you might take offense at something. As we always say, this forum is not for everybody, and it will not change to suit one person.

For whatever reason, you over reacted to what was very obviously a bit of harmless banter. The consensus around those posts from other posters was also that you over reacted so it's not just me defending my position. There are other such posts jokingly questioning the authenticity of your charity fundraising on this thread by the likes of Lefty that didn't seem to cause you such offence.

I should also clarify that your streams are not sanctioned by this forum, they are not recommended by this forum, and tbh we accommodated you the same way we'd accommodate any other member. We did you the favour. That does not give you the right to dictate what other people can then post on the forum.

I'm sorry you took offence at a bit of banter but I'm absolutely not sorry for posting it and will not apologise for posting a joke on a forum where every second post is a joke or banter.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Well the private messages and emails that I've received from quite a number of forum members suggests that I didn't over react.

Your intended joke would probably be seen as such by those that have some knowledge of these things. My worry was the technophobes. Subsequent dealings with a few that have decided to donate would back this up.

I certainly don't think the forum should be changed to accommodate one person. What a ludicrous suggestion. Just because this account was registered fairly recently doesn't mean I'm a recent member. I've literally been on here since day one under several usernames.

The double standards you hold as a moderator are laughable at times. Pulling people up for saying certain things about women's football whilst all the time there is a whole board dedicated to the objectification of women was one great example! :lol:

You remind me of my brother. He holds an executive position in a London Borough Council and is used to "dealing with idiots every day". He takes that into his everyday life and subsequently treats everyone as an idiot. He's my brother and I love him. Doesn't mean that I like him though. :lol:

Thank you for allowing me to promote my fundraising, I'll always be grateful for that.

I'll say no more on the matter and I'm truly done here but no doubt you will have a retort because you like to have the last say don't you. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:08 am
Well the private messages and emails that I've received from quite a number of forum members suggests that I didn't over react.

Your intended joke would probably be seen as such by those that have some knowledge of these things. My worry was the technophobes. Subsequent dealings with a few that have decided to donate would back this up.

I certainly don't think the forum should be changed to accommodate one person. What a ludicrous suggestion. Just because this account was registered fairly recently doesn't mean I'm a recent member. I've literally been on here since day one under several usernames.

The double standards you hold as a moderator are laughable at times. Pulling people up for saying certain things about women's football whilst all the time there is a whole board dedicated to the objectification of women was one great example! :lol:

You remind me of my brother. He holds an executive position in a London Borough Council and is used to "dealing with idiots every day". He takes that into his everyday life and subsequently treats everyone as an idiot. He's my brother and I love him. Doesn't mean that I like him though. :lol:

Thank you for allowing me to promote my fundraising, I'll always be grateful for that.

I'll say no more on the matter and I'm truly done here but no doubt you will have a retort because you like to have the last say don't you. :roll:
Ah the classic "you like to have the last say" jibe. :lol:

And you don't? :roll:

Gotta be honest I don't care who I remind you of or what you think of me. I don't know you. You mean nothing to me. I won't even bother to tell you who you remind me of..... :D :wink:

I will pull you up on one thing though because you are way way way off the mark. :lol:

You said:
The double standards you hold as a moderator are laughable at times. Pulling people up for saying certain things about women's football whilst all the time there is a whole board dedicated to the objectification of women was one great example.
Um, you really need to go further to point out my supposed "double standards" as a mod, mate! I'm at a complete loss as to where you think you saw this! I'm one of the loudest and most vociferous haters of women's football on here. Not bragging about that, I know it's not very pc of me, but I won't lie about it either. I let some pretty awful shit go on here in relation to that abomination of a game. Not proud of that but it is what it is.

I've never pulled up anyone for "saying certain things (whatever they are?) about women's football". I mod this place with a very light hand. I only step in where something is posted that might get the place shut down again.

So could you point out where I've pulled up anyone in relation to women's football that could be construed as "double standards"? Tell you what, I'll bet you a tenner donation to your charity you can't find anything. You lose, you pop a tenner into your charity - you win, I'll donate a tenner.

As for tit threads. We've always had them. Yeah we are a bit misogynistic at times on here but hey no one dies because of that. Also, you might want to take that up with your number one fan :wink: OneBard who posts the vast majority of that content.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:49 pm
This really is such a shame.

Everyone now loses. :cry:
:?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ps: As for the Post Pitcures (Tits) Thread.

Should the thread be closed?

Maybe we should have a Vote?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:28 pm
ps: As for the Post Pitcures (Tits) Thread.

Should the thread be closed?

Maybe we should have a Vote?
We are not a democracy mate! :lol: Your tit thread doesn't break any forum rules. If you want to keep it that's fine, if not let me know and I'll delete it.

Seems a few people are getting too sensitive on here lately.... :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Tits it is then.

Can I start a Thread for Lesbians? (I know Roddaz would want to take part) :D