english players

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
legend10

english players

Post by legend10 »

how many times have you sat there wondering why arsene never buys english players, well we all know now .2 words ashley cole

i cant stand international football and i totally despise engeeeeerrrrrllllllaannnd.

i love it when i hear other managers slagging arsene off for buying yet another foreigner. and then they go and do exactly the same (pardew)

how many of the top clubs have bought english in the past 4 seasons only for them to get splinters in their arses on the bench

i love watching the henrys, pires, bergkamps (latter sadly missed at the moment). they play with flare and class and have certain style that you wont find in any english players.

a lot of gooners say we need more english players but for me the more the foreigners the better

viva le rouge

Joshin69

Post by Joshin69 »

For me i couldnt give a toss as long as the chap can play and have got a good attidude (sod ya cashley soulless)

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

Im with Joshin69 on this one. As long as the player has the talent and can add to what we already have then I dont mind where the player comes from. Look at Toure . Years ago nobody looked at the Ivory Coast and yet Wenger has pulled out 2 gems in Kolo and Manu Eboue. We do have some good young English players . Kerrea Gilbert played well at right back when he deputised for Lauren then he had the misfortune to get injured himself and Eboue has never looked back . Hoyte is not a left back and he will be the first to admit that. But he was out on loan when 'Ralph' got injured and is now maybe down the pecking order.