how depressing....

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
FOXYARSENAL

how depressing....

Post by FOXYARSENAL »

just been watching the 97/98 season reveiw on arsenal t.v and it really is depressing to think how far we are from what we acheived then,the togetherness and spirit amongst the squad was unreal, wenger was even talking sense on the importance of june and july for strengthing the squad :shock: wonder when or if he can bring them days back again and prove he hasnt lost his way??

no. 1 is Perry Groves....

Post by no. 1 is Perry Groves.... »

yep - i've just been watching that

:( :( :( :( :(

Ted B

Post by Ted B »

In all fairness, we need to move on an realise that we can't always have it great. But I watched the season review of our last year at Highbury and that was really sad to see. The quality we had then, well I took it for granted at the time but now... :cry:

Calo

Post by Calo »

Karel wrote:In all fairness, we need to move on an realise that we can't always have it great. But I watched the season review of our last year at Highbury and that was really sad to see. The quality we had then, well I took it for granted at the time but now... :cry:
no need to setle for CAK though either

FOXYARSENAL

Post by FOXYARSENAL »

just from listening to wenger talk then to now hes like a different man with different veiws on success bring back the old wenger :cry:

no. 1 is Perry Groves....

Post by no. 1 is Perry Groves.... »

Arsenal tv are showing the 7-0 against middlesborough now.

another one of those would be nice on saturday

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

I tend not to watch those anymore!

I sit there and watch we had then to what we have now and the change is staggering.

Spoke to my old man on the phone last night and he summed it up nicely in one sentence.....

"Come back Christopher Wreh, all is forgiven"!

Frightening!

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

We're just having our expectations re-aligned so that when these players "come of age", the pleasure :oops: and excitement will be greater.

:shock: :( :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Karel wrote:In all fairness, we need to move on an realise that we can't always have it great. But I watched the season review of our last year at Highbury and that was really sad to see. The quality we had then, well I took it for granted at the time but now... :cry:
That last year at Highbury depresses me. :(

2006 was so disheartening... we left THOF, DB10 retired and we blew the CL final... I still have the feeling that that might just have been our only real chance to win it... :?

I'm sick that DB10 didn't get to come on and score the winner that night in Paris and then I look at phil neville and he has a CL medal... and Bench Sherringcunt... :( :oops: :roll:

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

gus ceasar is a legend wrote:I tend not to watch those anymore!

I sit there and watch we had then to what we have now and the change is staggering.

Spoke to my old man on the phone last night and he summed it up nicely in one sentence.....

"Come back Christopher Wreh, all is forgiven"!

Frightening!
Did he have to pay yer? :-P

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Foxy,
Thanks for the lift back from the airport, after utd game.

FOXYARSENAL

Post by FOXYARSENAL »

no probz sid! :wink:

JakeN13

Post by JakeN13 »

I'm watching the invinceble dvd right now...it's like the oroginal manual for how football should be played. We didn't realise just how awesome we were at the time..I don't care what anyone says, nobody has come even close to the level Henry were at that season! Put Ronaldo and Cantona together and you'll find something to match it!

About 97/98...The togetherness and team spirit was actually quite poor up until the xmas party 97 according to Adams! The French and English players didn't really get along up until then but at that party they'd all come together and Romford Pele had been dancing on the tables or something to that effect, to the amusement of the french boys!

Wenger certainly were a different man back then! Who would have thought the man who just smiled when Fergie tried his best to wind him up would spend 85 minutes of each game complaining to the 4th offical and have had a row (even physicall fights) with almost every manager in the Premiership 11 years later? :lol:

FOXYARSENAL

Post by FOXYARSENAL »

yeah henry was unreal that season but still didnt get the recognition that he deserved world wide,should of been world player of the year! no doubt if he had of been playing for the manc scum he would have collected it

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

FOXYARSENAL wrote:yeah henry was unreal that season but still didnt get the recognition that he deserved world wide,should of been world player of the year! no doubt if he had of been playing for the manc scum he would have collected it
Fucking A right. 8)

He deserved it more than the diving cheating ladyboy cuntslop that won this years... :roll: :banghead: