Arsenal Fan from India

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
RaM

Post by RaM »

I'm fortunate that where I now live is still relatively close to Arsenal and it only takes me about 20/25 minutes by car to get to the ground.
Yes, you're very fortunate.

It only takes me 24 HOURS by PLANE to get to London.

The closest I've ever been to the stadium is Heathrow Airport.

Drone

Post by Drone »

:cry:
It takes me about 25 hours to get to the Stands.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Rafales wrote:And since I come from an conservative family I'm not able to express my love for the club openly. For example If Arsenal scores a goal I just rejoice within myself and I don't express it openly as my parents object it.
Hi Rafa. Welcome aboard. There are a huge number of kids here with Indian, Pakistani & Bangladesh heritage playing football but so few of them ever make it to be professional players. It still seems to be viewed by their families as an unworthy profession. Anyone seen any signs that this is changing? Michael Chopra is still the only such player I can think of who has made it.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

MK Gould wrote:
Rafales wrote:And since I come from an conservative family I'm not able to express my love for the club openly. For example If Arsenal scores a goal I just rejoice within myself and I don't express it openly as my parents object it.
Hi Rafa. Welcome aboard. There are a huge number of kids here with Indian, Pakistani & Bangladesh heritage playing football but so few of them ever make it to be professional players. It still seems to be viewed by their families as an unworthy profession. Anyone seen any signs that this is changing? Michael Chopra is still the only such player I can think of who has made it.
Can't think of any others at moment.

It's such a shame - think of all the Asian football genius's that must have slipped through the net over the years...

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Remember Bury having an Indian playing for them few years back and Leeds apparently had a couple of promising youngsters but they obviously didn't progress.

Rafales

Post by Rafales »

I accept with many of the fans here. Indian football still has to go long way. Even in England its not going to be easy for the indians or Indian origin english players to be signed by a top club.....may be after 10 years we can see a few indian origin players in top clubs playing in the reserves or as a sub. in the bench.

In India sport is still not taken seriously. Its still considered as an hobby or something people still think is a waste of time. Another reason is cricket which is one of the reason that kills other sports like soccer. But still there is hope that one day this will all change.

RaM

Post by RaM »

Isn't Walcott part Indian?

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

West Indian.

He is distantly related to Clyde Walcott the West Indies cricket great.

thenorthwillriseagain

Post by thenorthwillriseagain »

DB10GOONER wrote:
thenorthwillriseagain wrote:
Rafales wrote:Great to hear from fellow Gooners...and Thanks for all the Replies..

I watch all the Matches Via Cable Television....(ESPN-StarSports)

I hope One Day I can visit London and see the New Stadium and the Club and buy lots of Arsenal Stuff and show my friends and parents that I'm an Proud Arsenal Fan. :D

FFS :lol:
Thats real passion for you. Good grasp of the English language though.
Dear God.

I really really hope you are not being sarcastic there. As little as I think of you now, if you are taking the p*ss because the chap is from India and his use of English is a little more formal than your own, then that is unforgivable. Seriously, sober up and take a long look in the mirror at yourself.

Racism is the last resort of the ignorant. :twisted:

I hope I am misjudging you and that you are actually genuinely complimenting him on his excellent English. Somehow, I doubt that though...

Sad really. Especially given the "grasp" of English yourself and your fellow manure types displayed on here recently. :oops:

I wasn't knocking his English skills they're spot on

but

do you want these JCL's "supporting your club" when it should be cockneys supporting your club and by support I don't mean buying merchandise I mean loyally supporting the team on the terrace.

And i'm not a racist by the way.

I Hate Hleb

PEACE ON EARTH AND GOOD WILL TO MAN.U

Post by I Hate Hleb »

THERE YOU GO AGAIN! AND AFTER I HAD JUST COMPLIMENTED YOU ON ANOTHER THREAD AS WELL!!

FIRST OF ALL, AS SOMEONE PREVIOUSLY REPLIED TO YOU IN ANSWER TO YOUR EARLIER POSTS, 'COCKNEYS' SUPPORT WEST HAM!! :roll: THEY COME FROM A SPECIFIC AREA OF EAST LONDON AND WOULD MOST LIKELY BE BROUGHT UP AS HAMMERS.

SECONDLY, NO IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE FANS COME FROM IF THEY GENUINELY SUPPORT THE TEAM. NOT EVERYONE CAN BE LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE BEEN BORN OR BROUGHT UP NEAR TO THEIR FAVOURITE CLUB - OTHERWISE, THE MAN UNITED FANBASE WOULD BE TENS OF THOUSANDS RATHER THAN THE TENS OF MILLIONS IT IS NOW!! :roll: :wink: :lol:

FINALLY, LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD BEFORE, YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO CONTRIBUTE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS FORUM. BUT PLEASE DON'T RESORT TO INSULTS - WE ARE GOOD ENOUGH AT THAT AS IT IS SO LEAVE THAT STUFF TO US!! :lol: :wink:

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

Rafales wrote:I accept with many of the fans here. Indian football still has to go long way. Even in England its not going to be easy for the indians or Indian origin english players to be signed by a top club.....may be after 10 years we can see a few indian origin players in top clubs playing in the reserves or as a sub. in the bench.
Well i heard Michael Chopra joined Sunderland. We had Vikas Dhorasoo playing for AC Milan and for France in the world cup. The Indian origin players will need a role model, someone coming up from the ranks and doing well at the top. The English cricket team has more than its share of players of Indo-Pak origin, i dont see any reason why they cant make a mark on English football with the right attitude and right guidance.

All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

I could go live with my dad in spain but i wouldnt have the money to get to the grove every week so i only go out there when when arsenal don't have a game or they are away :D

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

Or just in the summer when pre season is on.

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Yeah and you can bring us lot with you!

Gooner pre-season, pre-season tour!