martins

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nuttygoonerpaul

martins

Post by nuttygoonerpaul »

Sorry Newcastle fans but i guess that you will find out within the next few days he's left for Arsenal,.,..,..,,.,

My dad works on the door of Clarrages in London and he was seen in the hotel with 3 other peeps tonight and one of them was the new Arsenal Director of Football Giles Grimandi.,.,...,..,.,.,,

this is not from me , its from a m8 , i just hope he is right .

DB10GOONER

Re: martins

Post by DB10GOONER »

nuttygoonerpaul wrote:Sorry Newcastle fans but i guess that you will find out within the next few days he's left for Arsenal,.,..,..,,.,

My dad works on the door of Clarrages in London and he was seen in the hotel with 3 other peeps tonight and one of them was the new Arsenal Director of Football Giles Grimandi.,.,...,..,.,.,,

this is not from me , its from a m8 , i just hope he is right .
Is your Dad a tall guy with thinning grey hair? If he is then he's a gent. That guy helped my (at the time) hevily preggers missus into a taxi after he stopped some city stockbroker looking tosser in a suit from jumping in ahead of her. This would have been about two years ago?

If it's him buy him a beer from me! Top Bloke. 8)

PS Nothing against stockbrokers, just that one as a mutt. :evil:

As far as Martins goes, I'd take him. I think Wenger could work the old voodoo there and make him world class within two seasons.

Maybe. :wink:

azz91

Post by azz91 »

if we sign him i think thats the end of adebayor our strikers will ber

rvp
eduardo
martins
adebayor
bendtner
walcott (wen e gets converted to 1)

i dont think adebayor would want to be 4th choice striker

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

I agree Adebayor will be behind the top 3 of RVP.Martens and Eduardo. Wenger likes to play a 4-4-2 formation with two wide midfield players. That means one out of Martens,RVP and Eduardo will miss out. Unless he plays a 4-3-3 with RVP playing the Bergkamp role behind the front two of Martens and Eduardo.Its going to be very interesting to see what happens upfront next season.

demzy

Post by demzy »

could play the dutch 4-3-3, with van persie on the right (as he does for holland), eduardo on the left and martins up top.

Martins
Eduardo v.Persie

Rosicky Gilberto Fabregas

Clichy Gallas Toure Eboue

Lehmann

azz91

Post by azz91 »

i hope we dont play 4-3-3 we would get battered in midfiled too easy i think martins would be on the bench i dont know though robin has to start as he gets better evry season and if he stays fit will be amzing this year

azz91

Post by azz91 »

rvp eduardo
rosicky cesc gilberto hleb (maybe eboue)
clichy gallas toure sagna
lehmann

bench:
fabianski/almunia
senderos
eboue/hleb (whoever doesnt start)
diaby
martins

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

Martins would be a fine recruit as he is an out and out striker. We do seem to be heavily linked to him at the minute so let us see what comes out of it.

Adebayor is best at the holding role up front so we should hang on to him in case any of our players get sent off and we are down to ten. which is bound to happen!

demzy

Post by demzy »

azz91 wrote:robin has to start as he gets better evry season and if he stays fit will be amzing this year
I think Van Persie is a guaranteed starter, its just a matter of wenger deciding who to play with him. Remeber we haven't bought martins yet, we might not get him.

All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

Its been said that Martins will be at the Emirates tomorrow for a medical im not sure its true but bloody hope it is :lol:

Leigh On Eea Gooner

Post by Leigh On Eea Gooner »

Would anyone consider RVP left midfield ...He doesn't have to tackle - just like Helb & would guarantee a good amount of goals from that position . 2 up front from adebayor - eduardo-martins . Would work for me . May eat my words but don't see Walcott anywhere near centre forward material for a few years.

JakeN13

Post by JakeN13 »

I can't see it...unless Adebayor has asked for a transfer Wenger's not gonna get rid of him.

azz91

Post by azz91 »

i wudnt want robin on left becuase he is to good not to have upfront

All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

i have just been snoping round newcastle fans forums and they all seem to think Martins is on his way out and have already turned there back on him cos he has told big sam he wants a pay rise or he will leave :lol:

things are looking up :D 8)

Leigh On Eea Gooner

Post by Leigh On Eea Gooner »

I'd rather see him with space in front to attack then with his back to goal trying to control & lay off. adebayor/ martins is better at that.