Banned for three years for selling a ticket at under face...

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
JMascis666

Post by JMascis666 »

Bit harsh lumping Hornby in there, he has been a fan since he was a lad and did support us through the more bleaker periods in our history.

Your damn right about some off 'em tho. If the bottom falls outta football that lot will be out of here and back to the Rugby and Cricket as fast as their legs will carry 'em.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

Are AISA doing anything about this? They damn well should be.

into the red

Post by into the red »

AISA don't get involved in anything controversial, in case it spoils their cosy love-in with a few minor officials.

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

:shock: fuck..... this is bad, bad news :twisted: the policeman involved is unfortunately, given it's politicisation, not unusual in today's force, the sort of egotistic person who couldn't or refused to get a productive job, but yet is too much of a coward to tackle the real criminals because they are not such easy prey, and that fact is nothing short of absolutely infuriating :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Kev can I ask, weren't you involved in a similar incident outside THOF??? 3 or 4yrs ago where a policewoman saw you exchange a ticket for cash and pulled you, and in the interests of maintaining your street cred :wink: I'll also make clear that she was backed up by a least two 6ft plus riot squad types which you sensed were just itching for you to give her a bit of grief so they could go G20 on ya!

If memory serves also I remember to conclusion was Eva Braun frogmarched you round to the Box office and made you hand over the ticket but when she cleared off you went back round to the window and said "do you know who I am???" :wink: :lol: and indeed explained who you were and that you'd been given the ticket by a friend who couldn't attend as was merely passing it on for face value, and they immediately returned it.............. please tell me I'm not imagining things :oops:

So anyway Jamie I feel for ya mate, it looks like you've been extremely hard done by and I hope justice is done, and I'd also like to make clear that I too think AISA should investigate who exactly this ban serves, because if it is as some suspect, some prawn munchers in club level, then not only is it an extremely worrying development that should concern all fans but the entire story particularly the adverse affect it could also have on the lad's career, not to mention a completely draconian 3yr ban is enough to break your heart :cry:

gooner_ess_tee

Unbelievable

Post by gooner_ess_tee »

I personally know Jamie and know that he is a true Arsenal fan (even though he sits in Club level) and supports the team home and away and is the sort of fan that the club should cherish. As it is, however, he ends up the sort that is persecuted. The club's ridiculous FA cup ticketing policy - whereby those who have been away to every game this season but don't have a season ticket can't go - is symbolic of the club's favouritism for the wrong sort of supporters. I have not missed a home game in all competitions all season but I don't have a season ticket. I have been to far more than the pathetic threshold of 2 away games set for season ticket holders and yet I can't go to watch the team play at Wembley because a number of plastic season ticket holders (who may have even sold some of their tickets on the Ticket Exchange) get to go ahead of people in my situation . Arsenal need to look at their approach to the fans and really reconsider the sort that they want to follow the club because otherwise they are in serious danger of ostracising the core of real supporters.

REB

Post by REB »

good post ess-tee
the problem here is arsenal as a football club dont give a crap about there fans and would much prefer 60000 day trippers as they would spend more money in the armoury and on overpriced hotdogs :roll:

so dont expect jamie to get much sympathy from arsenal football club,
as for your point about the season ticket holders, all you have to do is look at season tickets up for rent every season, they wont take themselves off the register but hold on to there right to cup final tickets etc.

DGREEN

Post by DGREEN »

This is really sad to see and again is a classic example of money talking over common sense. im afraid there are certain areas of arsenal that cant accept passionate fans getting behind their team. I would imagine there must be a few corporate seats near by who have complained about this lad.

Having said all this is was very silly of him to sell his ticket to an away fan. But the punishment no way fits the crime.

dom

Post by dom »

what a disgrace. i now know how he feels gettin harassed by stewards to keep the noise and swearing down after the youth game but getting a banning order for selling a ticket under face value?/

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Fer Fuck's sake - This is Horrendous......Surely 'Something' can be done - Is there any right of appeal on this? :banghead:

Sounds like someone/people in Club Level - have used their influence to get Jamie banned - How darea genuine supporter make a noise when supporting his beloved team - Unfriggin believable - this is like some kind of murky MI5 story - or more like the fuckin' KGB...... :shock:

Is there any way a Petition can be made by fans ? - to the club? :cry:

I hope you can turn this around somehow Jamie!

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Totally ridiculous and shameful if this is the real version of events.

I am also wondering about the legality of selling spares on the For Sale and Wanted part of this forum.

:?

REB

Post by REB »

Percy Dalton wrote:Totally ridiculous and shameful if this is the real version of events.

I am also wondering about the legality of selling spares on the For Sale and Wanted part of this forum.

:?
i would assume its against the arsenal law :roll:

yourshighburylly

Post by yourshighburylly »

:banghead: PATHETIC- & club level price too!
I had purchased 2 Highbury House meal packages as a Xmas treat for my partner & I to enjoy prior to the Pompey game. Unfortunately I fell ill so offered the meals/membership cards to a friend so he could take his son & enjoy the day which he duly accepted. To be seen to be doing the right thing I sent hospitality an email.( it was Sunday or something I think). Eventually I spoke with them on the phone & they took my details, took my friend & his son's details(names) & said it was ok. I never asked him for money as I was glad not to waste them- however he insisted I took something & paid me back about 2/3 eventually if I remember correctly. ( I did point out to hospitality that him going was better than no one going as he would undoubtedly visit the shop etc & have a drink too!)
Seems like it was a good job I rang them or else I could have been joining Jamie as a bigger criminal than half of our b****** politicians!
I sat near David Dein in club level once- a local chap offered me the tkt he had spare that evening. Not far behind were the lovely tones of Maria Petru(not sure of the spelling!) bellowing out, & I thought it was great- not sure what some of the club level people thought though- Red Action in club level eh! Seriously I was shocked to find I could drink to my heart's content- which I did :lol: . Fast forward v Villareal, " normal" seat( £60!) I asked for a pint to be reminded No Alcohol at C.L games. :banghead:
What the f*** is going on? Dont they want "normal" fans anymore?
( ps I say "normal" in the loosest sense :shock: )
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Ted B

Post by Ted B »

Disgrace.

But in all fairness, the club don't care about "real" fans so all this talk about it is pointless. Nothing will be done, fact. The club would prefer daytrippers, becasue not only would they all spend their money in the club shops and on expensive inner stadium priced food, but they would also sit down & shut up. That's the way I see it. And even so, all the club care about is the money, which means as long as the seats are paid for, they're happy. I said before, and I'm being perfectly serious, that I'd bet the club wouldn't really care less (apart from the obvious, no team support etc but does that really matter to the men at the top of afc? i think not.) if all 60,000 seats were paid for, for instance todays game vs stoke, but nobody turned up. why? because the tickets would've been bought anyway and the £££ would have been taken so thats all that matters.

does anyone else get the impression that if we were to plummet like leeds utd - touch wood, that wont happen - we'd suddenly have about 20 odd thousand fans or even less :shock: fans turn out for us every week? and that the majority of the modern day afc fan are only here for the good, glory times?

cos if that did ever happen, the club would then know how it feels to be fucked over, and this time by the "fans", cos i would bet my life that most and i mean most of our fans today, wouldnt be interested anymore. then we'd see how many people buy the latest shit replica or over priced pizza from the stadium. then the club would know about loyaltly too. :roll:

a wierd part of me cannot wait until these types of fans fuck off, even though we'd have to be proper shit for that to happen :?

fucking modern day football :banghead: i wish i was born in the 60's :evil:

yourshighburylly

Post by yourshighburylly »

I WAS born in the 60s & I know what you mean . There was a weird part of me also during the goal drought this winter just prior to Villa f.....g -up at home to Stoke when I was sure we would be out of the Top 4 come May, that thought " this should flush a few of 'em out"
I suppose we should take it as a compliment really. I mean imagine if we turned up at Disneyland for our holidays( like many of us have) & they said to us " Why dont you bunch of c***s just f**k off as we never used to see you here before plane travel was commonplace.." :lol:
Aint gonna happen is it! This is the price to pay for supporting a GREAT club with a Great history, steeped in tradition & CLASS. I suppose we should celebrate the fact really- but still slag them off too- best of both worlds! :lol:
One advantage the Spuds have over us- they will never have to face this problem :lol: :barscarf: :lol: . OOH 2 b a GOONER :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I'm Really Pleased this has been sorted out for you Jamie - It sounded like an Absolute Feckin' Nightmare.....

:barscarf: Oh To Oh To Be A GOONER! :barscarf: