Are we buying anyone else yes or no?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

Anyway belfast boy we don't need dyer anyway but a bit short news today so just tried to start a debate.

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

a fan might not be a supporter, but a supporter will always be a fan.

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

Agree on Dyer Ben, not a bad player but not an Arsenal one either, but I've no time tonite to enter into yet another lengthy and probably pointless debate!

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

what about Gudjohnsen?

Cockerill's chin
Location: Found the transfer fund... in Bendtner/Diaby/Denilson's pockets

Post by Cockerill's chin »

Going with my missus for a 16 week pregnancy scan tomorrow. Could be a boy. Should I expect an Arsenal scout? :shock:

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

Congratulations mate! buy plenty of Arsenal baby clothes, catch them when they're young!

Cockerill's chin

this will be my fourth junior gooner :D

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

You not got a telly Mr Chin? :lol:

Actually I got 3!

Cockerill's chin

This damn summer season. Got to do something when there's no football.

Summers are working out more expensive for me than the Arsenal :oops:

All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

Cockerill's chin wrote:Going with my missus for a 16 week pregnancy scan tomorrow. Could be a boy. Should I expect an Arsenal scout? :shock:
Congratulations fellow Gooner 8) The more gooners the better :lol:

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

Well done Cockerill's chin get your baby a arsenal teddy.

Eboue Can't Defend

Post by Eboue Can't Defend »

Belfast Boy wrote:Too many fans on here - not enough supporters!
That is very unfair, Belfast Boy. Just because not all of us see things through Arsene tinted-glasses or are as optimistic as you are about the coming season, doesn't mean we are not supporters or any less of a fan.
The mere fact that we're worried shows we care, because like supporters of all teams, we want to see the best for our club.

Fecking hell!! Has this forum become Arsenal.com all of a sudden? I know you are not allowed to disagree with club policy on there but I thought we were allowed to have differing opinions on here? :roll:

The whole reason The Gooner fanzine started off in the first place was to allow fans a voice because you weren't allowed to write anything seen as remotely critical of the club or team in the Match Day programme. Now we have another opportunity to express our thoughts and concerns via the internet.

Yet even on here it's becoming common for anyone that doesn't swallow the Arsenal party line in it's totality, or is mildly critical of what is happening at our club, to face accusations of not being a true supporter!!

Well, to those people I say this: I will happily put my credentials as a true Arsenal fan/supporter up against any of you!! Don't dare to presume that because I have a different opinion to you or Arsenal Football Club plc. with regards to how the club are doing things, that somehow it makes me less of a supporter!!

I resent that kind of talk because it's akin to trying to keep people quiet for fear of being labelled un-loyal or not a 'real' fan. I, for one, will not be silenced by those tactics!! Not now, not ever!!

lowerwest

Summer spending

Post by lowerwest »

Latest transfer update from AW on the website.

We wont necessarily be replacing Freddie and Rosicky has a hammy.

Are we going for the world record smallest and youngest squad? I seem to remember Liverpool winning the Championship with 14 players in the 70s are we now trying to replicate them.

AW responses are seriously getting on my tits big time..with Reyes sure to be going just how low can we go?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Eboue Can't Defend wrote:
Belfast Boy wrote:Too many fans on here - not enough supporters!
That is very unfair, Belfast Boy. Just because not all of us see things through Arsene tinted-glasses or are as optimistic as you are about the coming season, doesn't mean we are not supporters or any less of a fan.
The mere fact that we're worried shows we care, because like supporters of all teams, we want to see the best for our club.

Fecking hell!! Has this forum become Arsenal.com all of a sudden? I know you are not allowed to disagree with club policy on there but I thought we were allowed to have differing opinions on here? :roll:

The whole reason The Gooner fanzine started off in the first place was to allow fans a voice because you weren't allowed to write anything seen as remotely critical of the club or team in the Match Day programme. Now we have another opportunity to express our thoughts and concerns via the internet.

Yet even on here it's becoming common for anyone that doesn't swallow the Arsenal party line in it's totality, or is mildly critical of what is happening at our club, to face accusations of not being a true supporter!!

Well, to those people I say this: I will happily put my credentials as a true Arsenal fan/supporter up against any of you!! Don't dare to presume that because I have a different opinion to you or Arsenal Football Club plc. with regards to how the club are doing things, that somehow it makes me less of a supporter!!

I resent that kind of talk because it's akin to trying to keep people quiet for fear of being labelled un-loyal or not a 'real' fan. I, for one, will not be silenced by those tactics!! Not now, not ever!!
Well said (or written) ECD. Nailed it in one. 8)

I don't always agree with what's on here but I respect the fact that someone has taken the time and effort to put it on. Different opinions are what fanzines and independant Forums are all about!

I refer to the popular quote attributed to Voltaire (even though the quote was actually written by Evelyn Beatrice Hall under the pseudonym Stephen G. Tallentyre, summing up Voltaire's attitude :shock: ) when I write;

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." 8)

F*CKING A-RIGHT! :wink:

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

I am with ECD with this one. I have full faith in Arsene but some of the things he does is hard to comprehend for some of us unless ofcourse we see a positive result to it. It doesnt make u less of a supporter if you have different views to what the club should do than the manager. I personally have comtemplated a Kroenke take over and i dont feel that makes me less of a supporter. We all have whats good for the club in our heart, yes even TS i believe :).

Coming back to the thread, given the way Arsene does business, Sagna could be out last signing for now. But i think there might be a one or two more signings in January and im not neccessarily talking abt Luka Modric.