Summer clear out

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Summer clear out

Post by franksav63 »

I don't know about you, but which players, if any, should be shipped out?

IMO, Fabanski, not good enough even as a number 2, Silvestre, too slow, distribution terrible, (Ferguson rarely gets it wrong does he?), Diaby, to long waiting for his potential to bear fruit, to injury prone, to likely to lose possession in vital areas, (especially our penalty area), Denilson, the most unskillful Brazilian in the history of football. Adebayor, greedy, lazy (please go now.)

In addition to the above, I can also see Senderos going (Wenger obviously doesn't rate him which is why he was sent packing and loaned to Milan) and also Traore (because of the emergence of Gibbs)
Last edited by franksav63 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

CPHANMER

Post by CPHANMER »

The problem is Arsene stands by everyone, the only people he gets rid of are the great players over 30 or anyone that has a bid for them from Barcelona or Real. The problem is not with our first team, our squad players just arn't up to scratch. Considering we probably havn't had a full team out for over a year this is where we need good squad players. Unfortunatly Fabianski, Silvestre, Diaby and Denilson are not in that catagory. Ok i'v been slating Song and Eboue this year but with Song touch wood it looks like he has come good and Eboue, well i am starting to warm to him. (sorry!!!!). Chelski and Manure can have any player in there team out and they have just a good understudy come in. This is where our problem lies. So to answer your question

out= Fabianski, Diaby, Silvestre
in= Veloso, Marcus Tullio, Ben Foster

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

CPHANMER wrote:The problem is Arsene stands by everyone, the only people he gets rid of are the great players over 30 or anyone that has a bid for them from Barcelona or Real. The problem is not with our first team, our squad players just arn't up to scratch. Considering we probably havn't had a full team out for over a year this is where we need good squad players. Unfortunatly Fabianski, Silvestre, Diaby and Denilson are not in that catagory. Ok i'v been slating Song and Eboue this year but with Song touch wood it looks like he has come good and Eboue, well i am starting to warm to him. (sorry!!!!). Chelski and Manure can have any player in there team out and they have just a good understudy come in. This is where our problem lies. So to answer your question

out= Fabianski, Diaby, Silvestre
in= Veloso, Marcus Tullio, Ben Foster
It basically comes down to the same question:-

How many of our team/squad would have got into the invincible's team?

IMO, only Sagna for Lauren (but only on last season's performances)

Cesc? For Viera? Hmmmm.......... (I'm not even sure about that one)

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

There will be no summer clear out for one simple reason.

A lot of our players are very cheap options and all the time Wenger can play the "potential" card he will continue to do so.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

The players who should be out the door are Fabianski,Eboue,Diaby,Sivestre and Denilson but they wont be they are all parts of Wengers "masterplan".That will lead us to world domination!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: The players that will go will be Cesc( he wants to win trophies) and Greedy(no loss there)

We will probably buy two 16 year olds who will be ready for the first team in 2014

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

you all talk crap - if Fabianski kept a clean sheet and saved a penalty - everyone would be crowing he should be no 1

the guy has a shit game and now everyone wants him out -

I want Eduardo out he broke his leg and has been injured since :banghead:

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

I agree Denilson,Silvestre,Fabianski should be offloaded.

Eboue may be a useful bench player. Unless Diaby sorts out his injuries h can go as well.

projoe

Post by projoe »

we must sell:
flappy
eboue
silvestre
denilson
diaby
bendtner

none of them are good enough for a top club in europe

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

I think we need a bigger stadium :roll:

wlchuccc

Post by wlchuccc »

DENILSON & DIABY :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

goonerk

Post by goonerk »

classic 'new' arsenal fans jumping to conclusions AGAIN!!

Fabianski had a poor game yesterday, granted but does that mean we should sell him..NO. he's played some very good games for us this year and will come back stronger for what happened.

selling players on the basis of a bad game is ridiculous. Diaby is another who was shocking, but he too is young and will improve.

Personally I don't think we should be selling anyone, and be looking to buy instead. Velloso is on his way...

selsdon

Post by selsdon »

What games has Fabianski played well for us this season?

How do you know Diaby will improve? If anything his distribution and decision making is getting worse.

If there's gonna be a clearout maybe the board should look at the manager, time and time again his selections have cost us and not playing Arshavin yesterday was a fucking disgrace.

Gooner Jim

Re: Summer clear out

Post by Gooner Jim »

franksav63 wrote:I don't know about you, but which players, if any, should be shipped out?

IMO, Fabanski, not good enough even as a number 2, Silvestre, too slow, distribution terrible, (Ferguson rarely gets it wrong does he?), Diaby, to long waiting for his potential to bear fruit, to injury prone, to likely to lose possession in vital areas, (especially our penalty area), Denilson, the most unskillful Brazilian in the history of football. Adebayor, greedy, lazy (please go now.)

In addition to the above, I can also see Senderos going (Wenger obviously doesn't rate him which is why he was sent packing and loaned to Milan) and also Traore (because of the emergence of Gibbs)
NO NO NO NO JUST FUCKING NO!!!!
We do bad against chelsea! A TEAM IN THE SEMI FINALS OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, FINISHED HIGHER THAN US IN THE PAST 5 OR SO SEASONS!!
What good would clearing out do, we would just have to wait another 5 years for all the new players to gel, look at spurs PRIME example.
We went 18 games unbeaten, played well home and away, were picking up form and as soon as we loose by one stupid goal everyone wants a clear out. Trust me it will do no good at all.

goonerk

Post by goonerk »

away at villareal, home to wigan are two off the top of my head.

Im not suggesting that fabs should be our number 1, but i dont think its fair or justified to ship him out because of yesterday. his positioning was poor for the first and the second, despite running out like he did, was not his fault. drogba would have scored either way and we all know that. silvestre let him go and he should be to blame, not fabianski

Gooner Jim

Post by Gooner Jim »

selsdon wrote:What games has Fabianski played well for us this season?

How do you know Diaby will improve? If anything his distribution and decision making is getting worse.

If there's gonna be a clearout maybe the board should look at the manager, time and time again his selections have cost us and not playing Arshavin yesterday was a fucking disgrace.
Preety much all the games he has played this season like wigan carling cup, villareal, hull FA cup, the other FA cup matches, the other carling cup matches.

Diaby will improve, its his first proper season in the premier league and he has shown some good signs e.g. Villa, newcastle, goal against derby and sunderland (the one that got dissalowed for a freekick to us which RVP scored anyway). I agree that he needs to improve but constanly slating him like we have spent aload of money and he isnt performing isnt going to help, growning every time he makes a mistake wont help, shouting 'YOUR FUCKING SHIT' isnt gunna help him. :banghead: