Adebayor's (Football Focus) Interview

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

You must have a lot of time on your hands mate.

Why don't you give Arsene a call and see if he'll make you his number two for next season?

MT

Post by MT »

I used you're incorrectly once. The fact that you begin to make personal attacks smacks of desparation.
To say i dont know what my point is...
I'm not sure you even know what your point is any more. I haven't asumed anything about you, but you have maintained you have a right to boo and leave early, which is where we disagree.
Of course you have the right to, but my point is that booing and leaving
early is counter-productive if you want your team to do well.
Have a look at your last post...oh and check the spelling.

hatemanu99

Post by hatemanu99 »

The right to do it and actually doing are two different things. Smacking my head on a brick wall here. It's fair (and healthy) that we disagree. If you want people out of the club though I'd much rather you did it with a placard at the players' entrance before and after games rather than ruining the game itself. Or at the training ground.
If I'm proved wrong I'll hold my hands up but it will interesting to see where we are in a couple of years or so. I'll certainly be there to see any comeback a la Liverpool in 05 or United in 99 if it happens.
All the best

northbankboy

Post by northbankboy »

hatemanu99/MT - great discussion.
Frankly it's hard to disagree with either of you on most points. I do despise the early leavers though.
MT - are we checking the spelling of "desparation" or "asumed"........? Calm down both of you!

MT

Post by MT »

northbankboy, thanks for the kudos.
Not to sound childish but I only called the spelling to account as my own grammar was previously (people in glass houses.)
I also do not like to see fans leave early especially because of the number of goals we score in the last 10 minutes, but I do believe that in the latter part of the season it was genuine protest.
My point is as fans booing/leaving early as a sign of protest is supporting the club.
I would be open to suggestions on alternative activism, giving up my season ticket would not be one unless it was replicated by many thousands.

northbankboy

Post by northbankboy »

one point re the negativity towards adebarndoor:
ronaldo spent much of his time in the early years sulking/demanding more money/courting real madrid - the united faithful stuck by him and he became the best player in the world for them. clearly ade isn't as talented but perhaps a lesson to the short-termist emirates naysayers........

MT

Post by MT »

northbankboy, I concede your point but my argument is that no matter how good a player is he should not hold the club to ransom, Wenger sold Henry when it was percieved by many that his ego got the better of him.
My point is that the players should play for the fans first, if they don't want to then goodbye.

hatemanu99

Post by hatemanu99 »

the united fans who probably said the same haven't got much to complain about now i bet. thierry has gone on to better things unfortunately. hopefully he'll score the winner next week and dedicate it to us

northbankboy

Post by northbankboy »

don't think any players are all that loyal any more. if he stays this summer i'm sure he'll buck his ideas up, he'll have to. i'll be backing him anyway

Herd

Lies Lies and dammed Lies

Post by Herd »

His interview is pure bollocks,he agitated to get away last year and whilst he signed another contract for big money he has shown no interest in playing for his massive wages.

He feels that we need to motivate him ????? At £80,000 a week thats more than enough motivation.

Fcuk him get him Eboue and Gallas out now and sign 3 X Perry Grove-alikes who will die on the pitch for us !