Supporters Clubs

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
RoscommonGooner

Supporters Clubs

Post by RoscommonGooner »

I’m currently a Red Member who travels over a couple of times a year, we generally watch the fixture list and pick a game we think will be relatively easy to get tickets to, then book our flights a couple of months in advance, before the tickets go on sale. This generally works quiet well for us but we have been stung for the flights a couple of times trying to go to away games.

I’m considering joining a Supporters Club in the hope of getting some tickets for Cat A and away games as apart from the big games tickets for Ashburton can be got fairly easily. The only problem is that there is no club where I live and I’m wondering are these clubs made up by a gang who look after each other.

Has anyone here experience of being in a Supporters Club nowhere near where they live? Or has anyone here set up their own local club?

Any help with this would be great, thanks.

REB

Post by REB »

we have a supporters club in limerick, 106 members which is good and we get tickets for every home game , only once this season were we left down when we asked for 20 tickets for the man city game but only got 15

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Rebel is the person to ask about this i think

EDIT: Posted at the same time delete this post if you want

REB

Post by REB »

flash gunner wrote:Rebel is the person to ask about this i think

got there just before you :lol:

RoscommonGooner

Post by RoscommonGooner »

How do ye fair out for the Cat A games Rebel and do ye operate on a first to request tickets, first to receive basis? I've e-mailed the club requesting info about setting up a Supporters Club, they promptly replied asking where we were and when I replied they decided to ignore me :banghead: Does anyone have any idea how many members would be needed to set up a new club.

REB

Post by REB »

there cant be another supp club within 50miles which is one of the rules, yeah we get cat a games ,
champions league etc

email jill smith who is the supporters clubs rep for arsenal, not sure of her email sorry,
or email the official supp club and see what happens there

http://www.arsenalsupportersclub.co.uk/

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

I belong to a supporters club which I live nowhere near, however I do believe they made an exeption in my case because Im such a nice guy 8)

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

MutleyGooner wrote:I belong to a supporters club which I live nowhere near, however I do believe they made an exeption in my case because Im such a gay guy 8)
Would that be the Rampwick Hospital Branch in Yorkshire? :lol: :lol:

Sutch

Post by Sutch »

MutleyGooner wrote:I belong to a supporters club which I live nowhere near, however I do believe they made an exeption in my case because Im Sutch a nice guy 8)
Thief!!!!!

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

Sutch wrote:
MutleyGooner wrote:I belong to a supporters club which I live nowhere near, however I do believe they made an exeption in my case because Im Sutch a nice guy 8)
Thief!!!!!
Very good young man :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

RoscommonGooner wrote:How do ye fair out for the Cat A games Rebel and do ye operate on a first to request tickets, first to receive basis? I've e-mailed the club requesting info about setting up a Supporters Club, they promptly replied asking where we were and when I replied they decided to ignore me :banghead: Does anyone have any idea how many members would be needed to set up a new club.
I'm sure there are enough Red Members on here - who would like to be part of a Supporters Club - maybe one that can have members from 'anywhere' - just meet at the ground/s and take it from there - also another way of regular faces and More NOISE! :barscarf: :drums: :barscarf: :banner: :flag: :cheers: :box: :barscarf:

Qwerty

Supporters Club

Post by Qwerty »

I'd be intereted in that....Ilive in Dublin and have travelled over to some games on my todd..in the same position, can get tickets/flight etc for games outsdie the big 4 handy enough but after that.....I think there was a supporters club in Longford but I e-mail the rep (Im originally from there) but got no reply. Think the details were on the list on the official club site but havent checked it lately

REB

Post by REB »

also a dublin supporters club, why not check them out :?:

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

a forum supporters club would be a good idea, i have no bother getting tickets as i have a silver card but usually end up going to matches on my own because no others gooners that i know can get any for the big games, i enjoy the games but not much craic on your own when nobody around you makes any effort to sing or have a bit of banter with away fans, to be honest the atmosphere in the ground for most games is dire

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

greengooner wrote:a forum supporters club would be a good idea, i have no bother getting tickets as i have a silver card but usually end up going to matches on my own because no others gooners that i know can get any for the big games, i enjoy the games but not much craic on your own when nobody around you makes any effort to sing or have a bit of banter with away fans, to be honest the atmosphere in the ground for most games is dire
That IS so True......I used to go to games with my brother but he passed away, and the times I've been the only one shouting/chanting etc...

I'm 'up to ears' in end of term reports at the mo...but will try and sort something....I will contact the club and get all the necessary etc, but would also appreciate any advice on setting up a Supporters Club from those far wiser on Online Gooner

:barscarf: COME ON YOU MIGHTY GUNNERS :barscarf: