Reasons NOT to renew your season ticket (28/05)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
JBGooner

Reasons NOT to renew your season ticket (28/05)

Post by JBGooner »

http://www.onlinegooner.com/exclusive/index.php?id=1189

I have to say, an unbelievable article that's full of tosh!! yes it's been an abismal year, but for 'fans' not to renew their tickets for four years without a trophy, is an unbeleivable reaction. I hope he doesn't renew, as being an armchair fan suits his mentality better!! If this was the case with every club, then all stadiums would be empty exept for 3 clubs!! I realise we are probably the dearest club in the world, however I'd rather ply the extra £250 than save this, and watch what they produce elsewhere like S***TE Hart Lane. even united went 3 years without a trophy! No he doesn't know he's born, and from the articles writing, I would guess this was in the mid 90's!!

Go to the Bridge instead!!

LB

Season tickets

Post by LB »

This is a shocking article and I could not bring myself to read past the first few sentences. There is nothing wrong with criticism but this is NOT criticism. It is the writing of sdomeone who is consumed by his own apparent self-importance that he feels the need to be destructive. This is probably out of frustration because not enough people go along with his radical agenda to get rid of Wenger.

We have all criticised Wenger for not signing a DM, but he has also explained. Oh wait, I know what your story is, he's lying. Honestly, we must discuss valid football issues on these blogs, not personal crusades. For you to expect us to go along with this line of thought, you must think that you have disciples who are shallow-minded and seek affirmation from your poison. Not me.

Turningaway

Great news

Post by Turningaway »

Brilliant - Another plastic supporter off the terraces and hopefully replaced by another who actually supports the team.

keep your money mate - Arsenal doesnt need 'fans' like you. gald to see the back of you. the upside for you of course is you get to spend more time playing Championship Manager so its all good

hatemanu99

Post by hatemanu99 »

Glad to see there are others who disagree with this guy's line of thought. But also glad that these people are doing something constructive with their disappointment and not renewing. The atmosphere in the stadium is dead enough without these naysayers. Hopefully the guy behind me who shouts "useless, get him off" every time a player doesn't run the length of the pitch to score will do the same and not renew. We'd have no-one left on the pitch with you as manager you complete idiot!

vivb

Post by vivb »

Bugger off, yes AW made a mistake not buying a decent centre back or defensive midfield player but this team has grown through adversity this season. I'd say Song, Denilson, Gibbs and Bendtner can all not fail to be better players next season. Two semi finals and 4th is actually an above par season. Especially as we entered the crucial games of the season with a patched up back 4 and were missing Fabregas for a large proportion of the season.

I hope while you are sat at home next season you get a sense of perspective. I certainly won't miss you or your like in the stadium next season.

Turningaway

My favourite naysayer...

Post by Turningaway »

the bloke who sits behind me who shouts every five minutes and I mean every five minutes - he's like a fucking metronome.

"Wake up Arsenal for fucks sake"

Usually when we've strung a 30 pass move together and the last shot hit the bar...

Spends the whole matching moaning and groaning and shouting "shoot" usually when the ball is about 45 yards from the goal with the whole opposition team in front of the player with the ball.

Wish he would chuck his season ticket in as well

neogunner

You dont deserve your season ticket

Post by neogunner »

I cannot believe anyone is willing to give up their season ticket.There are so many genuine supporters who are struggling to get one.The waiting list is so very long.

I sincerely hope that people like the author (who are a minority)give theirs up , and let genuine supporters get a chance to watch the Arsenal play.

Vote with your feet and let the stadium empty so that the board does something stupid.That will NEVER happen.The Emirates will never be empty. Because luckily there are more sensible Arsenal supporters who understand what it takes to build a team, with the resources we have.

I think this season was dissappointing for any Arsenal fan because we all want silverware.But maintaining our Champions League status by playing the game the right way, rebuilding a team AND paying for a new stadium, it has been a great effort from Arsene Wenger.

Give up your ticket, you dont deserve it.

Arsecannon

Post by Arsecannon »

Pathetic. We're better off without morons like you.

ArsenalVCC

Post by ArsenalVCC »

Ohhhh wow, this post was music to my ears! Think of it, 1 more seat closer to getting myself a season ticket!

Although been an Arsenal fan since a kid, I have only been on the waiting list for about 5 or 6 years (hmm must check out where I am now - was 37000th!). Been to loads of games though no way near as many as I would like, and have been frustrated, overjoyed etc as much as anyone. But that is what supporting is all about - not just when you win, but when you lose and willing the team on to better times in the future. You don't have to agree with everything the manager or players do, but to act like a kid without his lolly is pretty sad. Thing is, I do enjoy a good read online now and then and over past 2 years have got bored of the self important toys outta pram mentalities that seem to be saturating the web. What a daft post, and to actually feel that much need to post it LOL. Agree with above responses, but guys, we may have missed a trick. Really we should be encouraging - "Man yes such great post, Wenger's got no idea and the players are awful and we play terrible football. I'm not gonna renew as well taking you as my inspiration." HAHA brilliant, we might actually get the other 20 or 30 numpte's out as well!

Looking forward to new season as always :)
Cheers
VCC

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Bloody hell. I've had a moan this season but this bloke takes moaning to a whole new level.

Yes the players are paid way too much, yes some of Arsene's comments are ridiculous and yes, tickets are way too expensive but to say that he must go now is naive and dangerous.

There isn't another manager in the world that could have achieved what he has on the budget he has had to work with. As he said recently "You can have 20 billionaire owners in the Premier League but there will still be only 1 champion".

Modern football, with its obsession with money and glamour, can be demoralising but Arsene is one of the few genuine characters left in the game.

People like the writer of this article will probably only appreciate just how good Arsene is after he has gone!

RichieGooner

Post by RichieGooner »

I think, you mate, you are the worst kind of (I won't say supporter) Attendee. Really you should spend your time up the road watching Spurs. A team much more suited to your temprament. Sitting at games listening to people moaning on like you is a lesson in self control if i ever had one.

Icemangooner

Post by Icemangooner »

I so hope Henry Gregg is the bloke who sits behind me moaning throughout the whole of a game. He was even moaning after we had gone 3-0 up on Sunday!!

This is the sort of "fanny supporter" we don't need at The Grove.

I for one say goodbye and good riddance!

Turningaway

Next season

Post by Turningaway »

Thinking about it - I will absolutely piss my self laughing when it all comes good in the next year or two and this muppet finds out that he has a seven year wait for a season ticket before he can climb on the bandwagon again

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

The Emirates will never be empty
Mmmmm you haven't been to many games this season have you?
There have regularly been several thousand empty seats at Emirates, despite the club announcing 60,000+. This means that several thousand people who have PAID for their tickets have not bothered to turn up. Whilst I don't agree with all what the article said, only an idiot would think that all is rosy is Wengers garden.
For all those on the ST waiting list - where were you in games like the Hull FA cup game this season? Thousands of tickets went unsold despite being on general sale! It's all very well giving it the big 'un on the internet saying 'I'm on the waiting list blah blah blah...he doesn't deserve a ticket....blah blah blah......WHERE WERE YOU WHEN TICKETS WERE AVAILABLE? It's one thing being on a list, it's another altogether actually forking out the money.
What you need to realise is, most ST holders won't give their tickets up, they'll just let someone else use it for a year or two till Wenger goes. I know 5 people in my section who won't be going next year and who are letting someone else use their ticket, and I am one of them. I'm fed up with Wengers bullshit - the man is a liar and is using Arsenal as his own little experiment, he has taken us to new heights and we are now on the downward slope.......a steep downward slope.

friskyanders

Post by friskyanders »

If the author had been watching closely over the last 19 years he would recall that in 1997 against Leicester we let both a 2 goal lead and a further 1 goal lead slip all in the space of injury time.

I was there and we went on to win the Double that season!!