GETTING PEOPLE WHO WANT TO SING SAT NEXT TO EACH OTHER

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
afchackney

GETTING PEOPLE WHO WANT TO SING SAT NEXT TO EACH OTHER

Post by afchackney »

I ve seen the red action march a no. of times this season, whatever you want to say about them they make alot of noise on the way to the ground.

But inside everyone goes to there sperate parts (except Block 6) and you have individuals trying to sing next to people who just want to sit there in silence

Im sure this has been done alot on here but is there away the red action or anyone else in contact with the club can put this no.1 priority when talking to the club. As for me its the main problem with home atmosphere.

I understand its probably been asked for and would be difficult cos of ST holders etc but giving up aint the answer

Sutch

Post by Sutch »

This has been done to death on here mate, but no-one listens as it's 'pointless' doing anything.

Something needs to be done.

Gooner Jim

Post by Gooner Jim »

Above the away fans would be the best place to gather people want to chant. Its the cheapest tickets in the more 'avaliable' sections that no-one wants to sit. A good idea but stewards become a major problem :banghead:

12thGooner

Post by 12thGooner »

having had a chat with some of the redaction / block 6 lot. "the club" are never really gonna do anything about this. Block 6 was a 'given' with the move. the rest is down to the fans.

What reallyl needs to happen is to convince those around you to join in and as more do the area will spread from the poiont of greatest concentration to aress of less, simple social dynamics.

some games blocks 6 through 10 can generate some wicked atmosphere even if for a short time, on other days i look over at block 7 and see people looking at like us 'what the fcuk are you doing? '.

if you have a season ticket and you're a 'noise maker' applly to the club to have it moved to anywhere in block 6 through 10, the more numbers you get the bigger the singing sections can become.

getting together in numbers is the only way its gonna happen, the march is great till you have to get to your seat, if the whole of the march sat together i bet it wouldn't be half a slated as it is.

GunnerDude

Post by GunnerDude »

I think we should have a song for twats who dont want to sing. Its annoying seating next to these lot and being made to look like a douche for being the only one standing up and singing.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

Bring back the clockend! None of this block 30 something. :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I'm only a Red Member but every time I go (10 - 12 home prem games on avrage) I shout my head off , chant sing etc - and some join in - But are just Fucking Dead from the ankles upward - and then when I try and 'rouse' the dead fucks - they look at me as if to say what ARE you doing??

It;s like - NO PASSION whatsoever!
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

one woman even had the cheek to say - some of us are here to watch the game not make noise! :shock: Like WHAT!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: When I suggested she go in with the prawn sandwich brigade or watch it on the television I got 'reported' fa FUCK SAKE!... :banghead:

n7gooner

Post by n7gooner »

I know what you mean at the stoke game some *word censored* next to me did not even stand when we scored but decided to take part in a shit mexican wave :banghead: :banghead: :twisted: WTF is that all about.

CelticTiger

Post by CelticTiger »

The 1 match ive ever been to the redsection started off Stand up if you hate tottenham i stood up and blasted it out but there were these gay boys behind me shouting SIT DOWN !

turned around and said f*ck off :barscarf: :barscarf:

CelticTiger

Post by CelticTiger »

the most logical and simple way to sort out our atmosphere problem is the LA Galaxy model:

Blocks 5,6,7,8,9,10,11 (North Bank) and blocks 24,25,26,27 (Clock End)

These areas should be designignated as supporters sections,Only season tickets for the vocal fans will be available here.
Silver and Red members can buy tickets here knowing it is a supporters section and vice versa for non vocal fans.
Thus,segragating the 2 groups once and for all

:barscarf: then again,when did logic come into anything?

Tallest gooner

Post by Tallest gooner »

I have posted everthing that has been said on this thread before on other simlair threads, there is only so much that redaction/the fans can really do!!

We need help from the club to create these singing sections and a better home atmosphere but lets be honest the club really dont care as long as they sell there tickets, fill the up the armory every other weekend and get there £3 million a match they could'nt give a monkeys about atmosphere or singing sections.

Do agree thought shouldnt give up!! regularly go to away games and i think we are awesome away from home much louder and sell out pritty much everywhere we go.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

CelticTiger wrote:the most logical and simple way to sort out our atmosphere problem is the LA Galaxy model:

Blocks 5,6,7,8,9,10,11 (North Bank) and blocks 24,25,26,27 (Clock End)

These areas should be designignated as supporters sections,Only season tickets for the vocal fans will be available here.
Silver and Red members can buy tickets here knowing it is a supporters section and vice versa for non vocal fans.
Thus,segragating the 2 groups once and for all

:barscarf: then again,when did logic come into anything?
It would only take something as small as the club renaming those ends as that for people to try and get relocated there or for most to buy tickets there before anywhere else I'm guessing due to the history of those ends.

afchackney

Post by afchackney »

all we would need is one of them ends
just one area behiind one of the goals for vocal support
is surely not to much to ask

upstairs for me wouldnt have the same effect, as your more cut off
should be in an arean where were seen and heard

Basil is a Gooner

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

Tallest gooner wrote:I have posted everthing that has been said on this thread before on other simlair threads, there is only so much that redaction/the fans can really do!!

We need help from the club to create these singing sections and a better home atmosphere but lets be honest the club really dont care as long as they sell there tickets, fill the up the armory every other weekend and get there £3 million a match they could'nt give a monkeys about atmosphere or singing sections.

Do agree thought shouldnt give up!! regularly go to away games and i think we are awesome away from home much louder and sell out pritty much everywhere we go.
If there is a standing section I hope I dont get stuck behind you. :wink: