Who do you think........

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who will be the first London club to win the CL

The Mighty Arsenal
37%
The Scummy Chavs
63%

Total votes: 27

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

It pains me to say this, (and I do hope I'm proved wrong) but Chavski will win it before us... the gap is big already and will grow bigger over the summer... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

hadareud wrote:
Arse:
- we have a young up and coming team that only needs a few additions
- quarter final last year, semi final this year - we're making progress (don't come with the "we only played shit teams" argument, because that's not true)
- because I want it to be so

Chelsea:
- ageing squad that needs major investment in key positions (Ballacks, Dogba etc.)
- a new manager twice a year
- I believe their best chance to win it was in the last 2 seasons and they failed
- Abramovic does not have anywhere near as much money to play with as he had 7 years ago

But mainly because I want it to be so.
That's not improvement - it just means we didn't meet manu, chelsea or liverpool until the semis this time.

And ambramovich only has about 6 or 7 billion quid. :lol:

xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

its a cup competition isnt it? what matters is who shows up on the day and we all know we can bloody well show up when we want to, and we can also have our stokes and our fulhams and that. all it needs is a decent vein of form and a spot of luck and anything is possible just like the lino at spartak when robin was a mile offside, penalties in rome. its not impossible that we can go out and beat teams people consider superior, who thought we'd do milan last year? or real in 2006? or when we put 5 past inter. yeah we had the players to do it but ARSHAVIN put 4 past the bindippers on his own, BENDTNER ran rings around vidic and ferdinand... nothing is impossible!

saying that, i didnt bother voting because im very much with the majority. its a travesty that london's greatest team has yet to win that pot, at least we will be able to take some solace from knowing the small-time-*word censored* bought the thing. all clubs with bad debt should be banned from the competition anyway, we can dream that football will somehow right itself but we all know that that is all it will ever be :cry:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:banghead: :twisted: :banghead: :evil: :banghead: Shame, Shame, SHAME on you Doubters!! :banghead: :twisted: :banghead: :evil: :banghead: :twisted: :banghead:

The Mighty Arsenal Shall Win it before either of those those rottingscumbastardshittwatc*nts

OOO TO OOO TO BE OOO TO BE A GOON ER
:wink: :barscarf: :wink:

Rob

Post by Rob »

Arsenal will win it this coming season. So us is the answer.

(There is no rationale or logic behind that, I just think it / hope it will be so. However I have been saying that for the last 7 years. By rights the answer should/will be Chelsea. Let's face it they should have won it in Moscow. But football is often devoid of logic)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Sadly the Chavs will eventually do it, such is the Russian twat's sole ambition in life, whatever the cost.

In many ways I hope they do because the Russian will then get bored shitless and leave the bastards back where they belong - competing with West Ham and Fulham as the also rans of London football. They were a fucking yo-yo club in the 80s. Not long ago that they worshipped Kerry Dixon and David Speedie.

It seems like the Russkie will spend 100s of millions to get his want - but what then ? What will he actually do when he wakes up with the CL trophy one day ? Can't see him throwing the same cash at the club once they've done what he wants

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Im feeling good today so i reckon arsenal will win it next season and you heard it here 1st )Now people are going to question my sanity :lol: (ill be there in minute doctor)Also i have nothing to back up my theory just the fact that im feeling good today and im going to be positive about us plus the fact that im going to get drunk later on today so i dont want any negative thoughts going through my mind while im getting blotto. 8)

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

hopefully chelsea wont ever manage to buy the champions league title. i suppose at the minute they are closer to it, but arsenal are only 2 or 3 signings away from having a genuine chance of winning the prem next season so you lot arent far behind. I can see Roman getting bored of his plaything before long whereas arsenal are building a side capable of sustained success. If chelsea dont win it in the next 2 seasons i think you'll get there first

augie

Post by augie »

On a seperate issue safctm I am just wondering how the sunderland fans have reacted to bruce's appointment as gaffer. I know he is a geordie and all that but that shouldnt really matter in the bigger scheme of things if he is doing a good job. Thing is though that niall quinn spoke of getting a manager with worldwide creditials and I for one thought that they would be going for mancini or erickson or somebody like that but instead they go for a manager fairly unknown outside uk and who wont be a draw for the bigger players that ye want to bring into the club :?

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

augie wrote:On a seperate issue safctm I am just wondering how the sunderland fans have reacted to bruce's appointment as gaffer. I know he is a geordie and all that but that shouldnt really matter in the bigger scheme of things if he is doing a good job. Thing is though that niall quinn spoke of getting a manager with worldwide creditials and I for one thought that they would be going for mancini or erickson or somebody like that but instead they go for a manager fairly unknown outside uk and who wont be a draw for the bigger players that ye want to bring into the club :?
Personally I'm happy with the appointment. Some people are concerned about him being a newcastle fan but, tbh, he never bothered playing for them, and he has turned them down twice as a manager so he isnt exactly a die hard.

I think he is a very safe pair of hands. If he could get us to finish 11th next season (the same position he got wigan to this season) it would represent our 3rd best finish since the 1950s! I think the temptation is always there to go out and try and get a mancini or eriksson but we need to walk before we can run. A foreign manager at this stage would have been a huge risk for sunderland imo- we have a squad very thin on talent and ellis short, although he is very rich, is no abramovich, he isnt just going to throw money into a bottomless pit for us, so we need someone who can work with these players and improve them

Steve Bruce has shown he can do this, and he has managed to keep two unfashionable sides in the middle of the table with very little net spend. He has a good scouting network and has been crying out for a club with potential to take him on (plus, of course, he has arsene wenger recomending players to him, which cant be a bad thing!!)

I'd have liked to see us take a risk and appoint sven on mega money and throw a huge transfer budget at him but, when i start thinking sensibly, i realise that this is exactly the kindof thinking that got newcaslte into the trouble they are in. We arent deluded like they are and we dont think we are a huge club- quinny has spoken about taking us to the next level and, for me, the next level is being an established mid table premier league side. Once we get a good premier league standard squad (which currently we dont have), then we can think about foreign managers if bruce cant push us on himself.

Regarding mancini, quinny did a talk in last season and said that, before he appointed sbragia, he had spoken to several managers and one of them wanted (unbelievably) £11million A YEAR to manage sunderland!!! He confirmed that mancini had been spoken to so many people assume he is the manager that was wanting twice what ancelotti is getting at chelsea if he was to lower himself to the sunderland job. we are better off with a good, solid manager like bruce imo. He's not a "world class" name, but quinny tends to get carried away when being interviewed! I'm very happy with the appointment and, hopefully, it wil herald the end of constant relegation battles!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jaysus, the rose tinters on here are starting to lose the plot completely!! :oops:

Writing off that list of chav players because they are over 30 is ludicrous! They are quality players (bar Shevchenko who was past it 2 seasons ago and was only bought as a favour by his Russian gangster mate). They have dieticians and physios to keep them playing at that level into their early and often mid 30's.

The chavs have bundles of experienced quality players and will have the money to bring in more quality this summer.

We have a squad of 6 or 7 true top quality players held back by the rest being fair to average or just shite. We (if the previous 3 summers are anything to go by) don't have the money to bring in the quality players we need, or we have a manager that won't spend the money because of his narrow vision of how he wants to build a team.

It makes me laugh how some rose tinted fans think we played the cream of the crop in this season's CL. Snap out of it. We were fucking blessed with the teams we got. None of them were real contenders. The minute we faced a real contender we were humiliated.

It makes me physically sick to even comprehend it, but if we do not invest in some proven quality players in key areas then the chavs will deffo win the CL before us.

Rose tinters - just because something is unpalatable doesn't make it untrue.