Barca release former Gunner

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
projoe

Barca release former Gunner

Post by projoe »

Sylvinho has been released by Barcelona just a week after being in the starting line up in the Champions League final :(

lets get him back as back up, he looked very good last week :barscarf:

SamiS

Re: Barca release former Gunner

Post by SamiS »

projoe wrote:Sylvinho has been released by Barcelona just a week after being in the starting line up in the Champions League final :(

arsene sign him up arsene arsene sign him up!!!!!

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I agree, bacause that would be a massive step forward :banghead: :banghead:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

SamiS wrote: arsene sign him up arsene arsene sign him up!!!!!
Not for me... bringing back Sylvinho would "kill" Gibbs (Urgh... I sound like Wenger :oops: )

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

projoe wrote:Sylvinho has been released by Barcelona just a week after being in the starting line up in the Champions League final :(

Back up.I would start him

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

NO!!!! Good player as he was he has had his time

Plus we got rid of him due to work permit probs will they be sorted now?

12thGooner

Post by 12thGooner »

I dont think he has it in him anymore. Watching the CL final the other week every single one of his passes was short and back towards barca's goal. He never made any forawrd passes. He killed a few forward motions dead by just getting the ball and passing backwards i'm glad for his success but i don't think that kind of play would be good for us.

Only One Tony Adams

Post by Only One Tony Adams »

arsene sign him up arsene arsene sign him up!!!!! ERR WHAT FOR?
Sorry he was a good player but past his sell by date now, we need to look forward not backwards :banghead: :banghead:

I'd say the same thing about TH14 if he was to become availble, let's move forward

(After a re-think) TH14 sign him up!!!!!! :barscarf: :barscarf:

BRAZILLIANT 19

Post by BRAZILLIANT 19 »

12thGooner wrote:I dont think he has it in him anymore. Watching the CL final the other week every single one of his passes was short and back towards barca's goal. He never made any forawrd passes. He killed a few forward motions dead by just getting the ball and passing backwards i'm glad for his success but i don't think that kind of play would be good for us.
Blimey from that description i thought you were talking about Denilson :lol:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

BRAZILLIANT 19 wrote:
12thGooner wrote:every single one of his passes was short and back towards barca's goal. He never made any forawrd passes. He killed a few forward motions dead by just getting the ball and passing backwards i'm glad for his success but i don't think that kind of play would be good for us.
Blimey from that description i thought you were talking about Denilson :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

12thGooner wrote:I dont think he has it in him anymore. Watching the CL final the other week every single one of his passes was short and back towards barca's goal. He never made any forawrd passes. He killed a few forward motions dead by just getting the ball and passing backwards i'm glad for his success but i don't think that kind of play would be good for us.

That was a classic example of excellent management and disciplined play from a clever player.

No way Guadiola asked a 35 year old, hardly played, bench warmer to bomb up and down the left wing for 90 minutes leaving Barca's right flank exposed. He had to get the full 90 plus possible extra time as Barca had zero options had Sylvinho gone down with cramp or what. Had he played to his previous zeal he'd have been fucked after 35 minutes at his age.

I thought it was very clear his mandate was to go half way and hardly any further, to play simple passes to the more skilfull and energetic players so they could run their bollocks off.

projoe

Post by projoe »

i think everyone has taken my comment, "lets get him back" a bit too seriously, it was a sort of sarcastic comment :D

seems like sami would have him back though

SamiS

Post by SamiS »

projoe wrote:i think everyone has taken my comment, "lets get him back" a bit too seriously, it was a sort of sarcastic comment :D

seems like sami would have him back though
definately i could see clichy going for 20m to barca and he would be an excelent mentor and cover for gibbs/traoure!

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

:lol: This thread is so funny. You can tell it's the summer!

Bring back Lauren!
Edu
Fuck it TA6!
Cliff Bastin (yes, I know he's dead!)

:roll:

Please people never go back. 8)
That said he'd be decent at DM. :wink:

projoe

Post by projoe »

vieira is said to be a little unhappy with the amount of games hes getting at inter, lets get him back :barscarf: