alan smith

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
steven tyers

alan smith

Post by steven tyers »

i find when alan is commentating on us. he is very very anti arsenal. constant digs at rvp after he was kicked all round the pitch tonight. then about eboue and jens. along with that tosser alan parry i found this very annoying tonight.

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

I have always found Sky very anti Arsenal, so much so that I did away with it! Got fed up listening to them soft soaping that c@*t Fergie and bigging up Manure :x

Might give this new Setanta Sports package a rattle :wink:

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

green gooner, bang on mate, i'm gonna give Setanta a try. a 'Yul Brenna' a month seems reasonable, now Arsenal have froze the season ticket prices, then for the first time ever i can have a season ticket and still afford to watch other premiership games when i'm home..

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

yea bloody slap head wilkins, jamie *i wanna shag my cousin frank* redknapp, andy gray can be occasionly ok, GG is a legend on PP stilll got arsenal in his blood....get GG on SS1 , 2 or 3 watever we r on.

PP= perm plus

GG=georgy graham

RED ARMY!!!

jus watchi it on mute.

then after that u got kerb crawler pleat.

mite just watch the match on either fanzone, or mute from now on *not got at home so go uncles, or watch it on some dodgy streaming website....victory through harmony.

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

I hate Alan Smith especially when he left Leeds For Manure, now he's with fat sam and his band of fat men at Newcastle. Ohhh i say i do 'ate that Smith......................but not the one who won us the Cup winners cup on that magnificant night in Copenhagen, never let the memory fade of the Boat back across the water and the celebrations after we'd beat Parma and their Zola and their Brolin and the rest of them. One of the BEST nights in Football...........down to our smudge :D :D

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

he made a comment the other day that got me going he said that Man utd last year showed everyone that you can win the prem based on total attacking football. where the fuck has he being these last few years! it was Mr Wenger who brought that philosophy to the league

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

The channel that shows the games where i live, gets the pictures from sky sports. So i dont have much of a choice but listen to the likes of Alan Smith and Andy Gray.

delgooner

Re: alan smith

Post by delgooner »

steven tyers wrote:i find when alan is commentating on us. he is very very anti arsenal. constant digs at rvp after he was kicked all round the pitch tonight. then about eboue and jens. along with that tosser alan parry i found this very annoying tonight.
Couldnt agree with you more my friend.

Every time these two or Parry with Brian Marsden commentate on an Arsenal game they are so fucking negative towards Arsenal. I notice a lot with crunt parry if the Arse are winning he comes out with comments like can Arsenal hang on - fuck off! how about saying something like us getting another goal and we are beating the other team, not hanging on, him and smudge really wound me up Thursday night that I ended up watching it mute. :evil: :!:

dbrien

Post by dbrien »

Now Brian Marwood, he is annoying in any game not just ours. He seems to contradict himself and he should remember to shut his grid now and then as he is a co-commentator.

Andy Gray annoys me too, for example when VP got punched in the stomach by a sheff utd defender and he watched the replay and said that he saw nothing wrong in that!!!

Richard Keys is too hairy and although he is who he is, I dont actually mind Redknapp but sometimes he seems to ask questions too. why? Is he trying to get the gig off hairy keys.

I think sky should be presented by Kenny Sansom, with commentary by Charlie George and gripper from Grange Hill. In the studio would be Dennis Bergkamp and Frank McLintock and touchline interviews would be conducted by Lee Dixon.

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

This actually seems to be a problem with few ex-players of ours, Quinn, Stapelton, Platt etc and I think it's cos they're tryin to make a career in punditry that they have to go out of their way to prove that have shed their old loyalties so they don't get critisized like Wrighty for bein pro-Arsenal - and if memory serves Smudger crossed the line in his first year as a hack and AW refused to do interviews with him off the back of somethin he'd said!

dbrien

Post by dbrien »

Smudger criticised the players for the Old Trafford incident when PV got sent off and Keown went a bit mental (and rightly so). I had heard that a lot of the players (Keown included) fronted Smith about it, the gist being you were one of us and you know what those games are like to dont shit on your own doorstep. I also heard he was temporarily banned from the training ground.

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

dbrien wrote:Smudger criticised the players for the Old Trafford incident when PV got sent off and Keown went a bit mental (and rightly so). I had heard that a lot of the players (Keown included) fronted Smith about it, the gist being you were one of us and you know what those games are like to dont shit on your own doorstep. I also heard he was temporarily banned from the training ground.
Bein banned from the training ground is exactly what I heard and actually put that into my post before editing it as I've always maintained that to my mates but none of them remember that, so I was startin to doubt myself - good lad 8)

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

THINK YOU'RE BEING A BIT HARSH ON SMITHY, THERE GUYS. :shock: :? THE WAY I SEE - OR SHOULD THAT BE HEAR - IT, SMITH NORMALLY IS VERY ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT THE GUNNERS WHEN COVERING OUR GAMES. 8)

AS ALREADY MENTIONED ELSEWHERE ON THIS THREAD, THERE ARE FAR WORSE EX-ARSENAL OFFFENDERS THAN OUR OLD NO.9, WHO ALMOST TAKE PLEASURE IN TALKING US DOWN.

DAVID PRATT AND NIALL QUINN FOR A START!! PRATT IS THE MOST NEGATIVE OF ALL AND HOW THE HELL HE GETS CATEGORISED AS ARSENAL WHEN HE WAS WITH US FOR ONLY A COUPLE OF SEASONS, BEATS ME! AND WHEN MAN.U PLAY, HE IS THERE AS EX-MAN U. THEN WHEN VILLA PLAY, HIS UGLY MUG POPS UP AGAIN AS AN EX-VILLIAN. AND IF NOTTINGHAM FOREST HAPPEN TO BE ON THE BOX, GUESS WHO THE 'EXPERT' IS? :roll:

AS FOR QUINN, HE CAME ACROSS TO ME AS NEGATIVE ABOUT ARSENAL -AND MUCH MORE PRO MAN. U - WHENEVER HE WAS COVERING THE GUNNERS MATCHES. HOWEVER, NOW THAT HE IS SUNDERLAND CHAIRMAN - AND WELL DONE TO HIM ON THAT! - THANKFULLY HE APPEARS LESS OFTEN ON THE TELLY.

ALTHOUGH HE DOES SAY GOOD THINGS ABOUT US, I AGREE WITH DBRIEN - MARWOOD IS ANNOYING AS FECK REGARDLESS OF WHICH TEAM HE IS ANALYSING!! THE MAN CAN'T HEAR A MOMENT OF SILENCE WITHOUT FEELING THE NEED TO FILL IT WITH SOME CLICHE OF OTHER.
HE USES THE SAME HALF-DOZEN SAYINGS ALL GAME, FOR EVERY GAME!!

LEE DIXON, I FIND, CAN BE A BIT MORE OBJECTIVE AND I DON'T PARTICULARLY MIND THAT. DESPITE WHAT CESC IS GOD THINKS, WE DO SOMETIMES HAVE TO HEAR ABOUT OUR FAULTS, AS WELL AS OUR STRENGTHS!!

KENNY SANSOM, CHARLIE NICHOLAS, NUTTY WINTERBURN, MARTIN KEOWN AND WRIGHTY ARE UNASHAMEDLY PRO-ARSENAL, BUT AREN'T AFRAID TO SAY CRITICAL THINGS ABOUT US IF THEY FEEL IT IS NECESSARY. HOWEVER, THEY DO TEND TO BE A LOT MORE POSITIVE ABOUT ARSENAL THAN MOST OF THE OTHERS MENTIONED.

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

Stapleton was the main reason I got rid of Sky :x I am in no way a violent man but I would love to.... :twisted:

Anyway, Disco Kid Charlie always seems to have a good word for us so I don't mind him :)

Season ticket holder goonermc :?: Lucky man :!: A good number of you lot on here look like holding season tickets 8) I am a Silver Member only but I do OK for tickets :o
Last edited by green gooner on Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

REB

Post by REB »

Belfast Boy wrote:This actually seems to be a problem with few ex-players of ours, Quinn, Stapelton, Platt etc and I think it's cos they're tryin to make a career in punditry that they have to go out of their way to prove that have shed their old loyalties so they don't get critisized like Wrighty for bein pro-Arsenal - and if memory serves Smudger crossed the line in his first year as a hack and AW refused to do interviews with him off the back of somethin he'd said!
the arsenal players were upset wit smith after the game at manure burin tje unbeaten season,, his comments that day didnt go down well as the players felt he should hav stood up a bit more and not praise van horseface after pv4 was sent off :mrgreen: