RedAction (again)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonermc

RedAction (again)

Post by goonermc »

I paid just shy of 900 english pounds for my season ticket. I sit in block 5, a few rows in front of redaction.The point is, when Newcastle scored, these self annointed so called singers of the 'NORTH BANK' started the chant HIGHBURY LIBRARY. Who the hell do these people think they are?. This self loving group of 'ARSENAL' fans seem to think there above the average joe. I almost forgot (Stand up if you hate tottenham) 20 times a game.
Last edited by goonermc on Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

I knew this would happen, fans getting pissed off with this song. I sit in the red action section and do not agree with its use. However it does not give anyone the right to slag any Gooners off for not singing. BUT There does seem to be massive periods of inactivity from the rest of the ground for noise. We have to stick together, ALL fans. If this is to improve as a collective group. NO Excuses, lets stop moaning at each other in an aggressive way and gee each other up to support the boys for 90 minutes plus added time.
The game is 90 minutes, not 80!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AFC
C'Mon

Gooneroonie

Post by Gooneroonie »

I sit in the second row behind the goal in front (and to the left) of the red action section and would give anything to be slightly further up as I seem to be the only one making a racket where I am.

Will there be any chance to relocate at the end of the season? I'm sick of being told to sit down!

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

Keep on making a racket goonroon, you might just WAKE UP a few people around you. C'MON U GUNNERS....

Gooneroonie

Post by Gooneroonie »

Alright mate - you too... starting tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOO to be a GOONER!

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

Goonroon........ Hope you all jumped up and down. Walcott is world class, what a cross for the BEAST. Now, if the prawn munchers ain't singing in the next home game there's something wrong. C'MON U GUNNERS

Gooneroonie

Post by Gooneroonie »

MATE I JUMPED SO MUCH MY HEAD IS STILL HURTING!!!

What a special night - a true case of the crowd being the 12th man!

Now we MUST keep up the atmosphere for the ****. Imagine if we all started jumping up and down like that when we scored against them - they would think we have gone nutzzzz - which I definitely have!!

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!

redordead

Singing

Post by redordead »

i agree with all said in this thread, and feel that the fans would maybe get better involved if the players showed more involvement with the fans, i only ever see the players taking their gratitude, but not reciprocating the same back to the fans, ok we get applause from them at the end of the game, how about some of the players getting on the PA before the match and at half time to say how much they appreciatte the singing and how much it drives them forward to victory. perhaps this would have an effect on the prawnies to embarress them into joining in on the odd song or 2.
perhaps REDACTION could propose this to the AFC hierachy see if this works,,,, only an idea? :idea:

Gooneroonie

Post by Gooneroonie »

Good idea - if it works... the only problem is it could be used as ammunition for away fans if they prawn munchers do not get involved as they should.

Although, I must admit, last night I saw a lot of the usually quieter fans around me really getting into it. I thought the atmosphere was mint, especially in the second half. Although, unfortunately it will take certain people jumping around like and idiot in order for others to feel more secure about joining in!!!

Keep it up lads, the momentum is building - we can make Ashburton whatever we want it to be!

afcnick

Post by afcnick »

I agree with everything said on here. I sit next to GoonerMC and the singing was great last night.
The only problem I can see is that when any other person aroud the REDACTION group starts to sing, they all seem to either ignore it and not join in or start a completly different song to try to out sing them.
Come on guys, lets all sing together for the Arsenal.
And instead of singing "Stand up if you hate Tottenham", lets just sing that when they come to town and sing "stand up for the Arsenal instead"

martinExiledGooner

Post by martinExiledGooner »

Avoiding the long story, I ended up at a Leeds v QPR match a couple of years ago, due to family members dragging me along! They had a guy pitchside on a microphone trying to gee up the crowd before the match. It was embarrassing, with absolutely no response from the crowd what so ever, it was almost patronising. The away end were given plenty of ammunition to volley abuse, they were making a right noise no doubt because of this. Anyway Leeds went on to get tonked 1-6 through, I am sure, no fault of the guy with the mike.

I know this is different, it is not Arsenal, but why would the Gooners be so different. Would they respond to someone pitchside trying to gee them up? Don't get me wrong it is a fair enough shout, but something tells me the earlier post saying it would give the away support more ammunition would be near the mark.

What we need is some great new songs, (I see lots of ideas on these forums), that inspire the passionate supporters among us to get up (or not) and join in like the ones created on North Bank Highbury when we used to stand. Or even the Freddie song not so long ago for example!!!

I was at 'very' old trafford for our three successive cup semi finals when Freddies song was quite new, it was electric and really got everyone going, the enthusiasm clearly carried through into other songs.

But also, I reckon it needs a flyer campaign to get the message out to the ordinary joe supporter who isn't involved in these discussions. Hand them out before games, listing songs or with some message about 'Sing up for the Arse!!!!' Maybe it could include something about not leaving your seat until the end of the game ALSO!!!

Good to hear the atmosphere was good for the CL, I hope it can be sustained for the league.

ALSO Looking from afar (my northern home) I see RedAction doing a great job, but to ignore anyone elses attempts at starting the singing is out of order and will never encourage the whole stadium to get involved! COME ON REDACTION sort it out - we need encouragement not a faction of control freaks that want to take all the glory for being the 'true' supporters of Arsenal FC!

Arsene knows!

worthing gooner

Just to stick up for the boys, but I dont think that the red action are ignoring everyone elses songs its just that you cannot always hear them. I am sat just under the canopy of concrete in the red action section and i do find it hard to hear what else is going on unless there is a lull in the singing where we are.
Good shout with the flyers though. Maybe the Gooner or the Redaction could be the base for a collection from supporters to donate money to fund flyer drops before games Etc. Couple of quid each can't hurt?
Can it?
What do ya think?
AFC
C'mon

martinExiledGooner

Post by martinExiledGooner »

To Worthing Gooner, as I said I live up nauf, and rarely get to home matches anymore - so I can only react to what is written here, so apologies if it sounded like I was attacking 'Redaction' in my comments. On the whole from what I read, they are doing a positive job, when there is a group that stands out from the crowd (so to speak) you will often get antagonisers annoyed by 'different behaviour'.

A couple of quid for flyer drops before home matches shouldn't hurt for this good cause, who's up for it?!?

Up the arse!

worthing gooner

Martin, no dramas pal. Good to see that we all want to pull in the same direction for the cause.
The flyers were in response about the fact that not everyone looks at this forum, so in turn the "new" songs are not widely known. Getting a collection together as they do in Italy for team banners and flags. We could do this for new songs/chants via the flyer route.
Just a thought.
AFC
C'mon

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Think flyers may be the way forward.

Need to give it some thought though, need to get songs for each player that fans are likely to sing, putting down a selection for an individual player won't work as different areas may sing different songs and lose the effect.

Wonder if the Gooner in a future issue can take various songs for each player and run a poll on them. Favourite song can then go on the flyer. Only problem is it could take time that way to get fler out, but then the final affect should be better.

Club can get shirts put on seats will they allow flyers on seats?